British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Coventry 1st September, 2014

Belle Vue won't have a problem next year if the draft continues, Steve Worrall will score then plenty of points.

I doubt we'll see Garrity, Worrall, Newman, Kerr or Blackbird in the draft next season.

Steve Worrall will not be a draft rider next year.

I'd hope they will be given another year, one year isn't enough. I'd actually add the likes of Birks to it next year.

I doubt we'll see Garrity, Worrall, Newman, Kerr or Blackbird in the draft next season.

Any idea what average these guys will be on next year if they are not in the draft ?

Well some won't be in the EL next season then so what would be the point. One year isn't enough for these lads, I'm sure they will still want to be included. Anyway I don't think there is enough riders to replace them.

Any idea what average these guys will be on next year if they are not in the draft ?

I assume they will get there PL average converted but I don't see many of them riding in a EL 1-5 next year as things stand at the moment.

I just don't see how you can leave them riders, winning heat 2 and 9 for fun in the draft. Mind you, I don't see a lot of young NL talent waiting to take over yet. Maybe the answer is the go the other way and introduce Auty, Birks and Roynon to the draft.

Or how about they all move up in the team and teams have to select one of them, plus likes of Roynon, Auty etc as #2... Yes it's watering down still, but would leave the successes from this year not without a place

I just don't see how you can leave them riders, winning heat 2 and 9 for fun in the draft. Mind you, I don't see a lot of young NL talent waiting to take over yet. Maybe the answer is the go the other way and introduce Auty, Birks and Roynon to the draft.

Good point. Maybe next season they can add them to a separate list for top reserves for the number 6 position. They could then help to make the teams 1-6 and those reserves can be promoted to the main if there averages go up.

Number 7`s can then be the Draft riders that are the only protected positions.

• Like 1

I never bought into this years Belle Vue team looking decent, i'm not sure why anyone did. Poor reserves ensured it was another mediocre season, with the badly implemented 'draft' doing them no favors..

On this occasion I have to disagree Blu, I thought this BV team had potential for this season. Not sure where it all went wrong. I suppose 2 reasons could be Nicholls starting well then tailing off and Cook not really living up to expectations. What do BV supporters think?

On this occasion I have to disagree Blu, I thought this BV team had potential for this season. Not sure where it all went wrong. I suppose 2 reasons could be Nicholls starting well then tailing off and Cook not really living up to expectations. What do BV supporters think?

I think we had potential that just has not delivered

Cook as been very poor and I hate D/U riders riding in the heat leader position. Just doesn't work

Nielsen as also been poor. Been ok at home but away from home he's like a wobbling junior. And we will leave the 2nd reserve. We all know the answer to that

Something is amiss within the club. We have had plenty of decent line ups. But they never seem to ride to there potential. There has to be a reason. But what is it

Next year I'd keep zagar nicholls and toft.

To me this is a no brainer as it would give every team a strong reserve then and maybe weed out a few of the reserves from this year who, with respect, aren't really good enough. It would be even better if there was a way of allowing the top reserve to race against a heatleader or 2 while still protecting the number 7.

Well this was a walk in the park for Coventry, a few of us pre match were predicting a mid to high fifties score for the Bees and it proved to be just as easy as we thought. As for the Aces the only rider who could hold his head up was MPT who yet again put in maximum effort and has easily been the rider of the season. So yet another woeful season for Belle Vue, no matter what the make up of the side the promotion never appear to get the best out of them, for the past several seasons the clubs standing/history has been trashed and you now have to look at something that is not right that is deeply entrenched within the fabric of the club. There appears to be something deeply amiss and its something a move into a new stadium is not going to rectify as whatever is running through the club is still going to be there immaterial of the stadia, if the promotion deliver a new national speedway stadium that will be a great legacy for them but you have to ask would you entrust such a facility for them to actually run it? None of this takes away from the Bees stroll in the park they were head and shoulders above us and how ironic two of the Bees side were brought up within 20 minutes of KL. So well done Coventry as for Belle Vue, some deep seated problems need addressing methinks.

Interesting that, i have to agree.

looking at your team on paper i thought possible play off material, as you say its been the same for several years, potential good line up, but it just doesn't happen.

not sure where to look for the answers but agree something off track must be affecting the riders

• Like 1

What's worse is the 1 rider we thought would struggle (toft) as been our rider of the season.

On last night we did ride our bollocks off. We was just beaten by a better team who for me will make the final. They all rode well

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

WOULD have thought you only had to look at the points scored by the respective fast track riders last night. This is a major flaw in the scheme in my opinion. Some like Garrity are up to it ... others can barely get round. Would work much better if all fast track riders were on a similar standard but there is a huge disparity and that can play a crucial role in the result as it did last night.

• Like 1

WOULD have thought you only had to look at the points scored by the respective fast track riders last night. This is a major flaw in the scheme in my opinion. Some like Garrity are up to it ... others can barely get round. Would work much better if all fast track riders were on a similar standard but there is a huge disparity and that can play a crucial role in the result as it did last night.

Except in Sarjeant Coventry had one of the last picks, he scored 3 times what BVs rider did.

Take away the reserves and it was 36-36. BV used two TRs too