British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shaggie

Stockholm Gp

It would seem so, you are indeed whinging.

On the contrary, I was praising..the whinging bit was Sarcasm aimed at you and the usual crowd..GEDDIT!

Well I enjoyed the GP...well done Jarek, WTF did that come from...well done Greg, about to join the "Three" club, and well deserved..Not Tai, KK's or Nicki's night..

I also enjoyed the usual excellent commentary by Nigel and Kelvin and the guys in the studio, Andy and Scott..

Oh sorry, what am I saying, only whingers are allowed on here aren't they.. :t::cheers:

Not sure who has the biggest love in at the moment You with Pearson or Pearson with Hancock !

Andy "can't believe I got this gig " Jaye in the studio lied to the viewing audience 3 times last night and still gets a pat on the back from you.Telling the viewers its a packed crowd when anyone watching can clearly see its not is leaving themselves and the sport open to ridicule,

Re. telling us the stadium was full (Andy Jaye said this not Pearson or Tatum - Scott Nicholls only agreed, somewhat embarrassingly). Jaye also reckoned Chris Holder was "helping" Tai Woffinden in the semi-finals. Total and clueless spring to mind.

only people with no speedway knowledge would say Tai was helped by Holder. If you still think that then watch Holder on turn 1

Not sure who has the biggest love in at the moment You with Pearson or Pearson with Hancock !

Andy "can't believe I got this gig " Jaye in the studio lied to the viewing audience 3 times last night and still gets a pat on the back from you.Telling the viewers its a packed crowd when anyone watching can clearly see its not is leaving themselves and the sport open to ridicule,

I don't love Nigel Pearson, I think He's an excellent commentator.....ok!

The criticism on here is like a broken record, same crowd every time...give it a rest FFS..... :t:

The Sports been open to ridicule for years pal.

Edited by Marcelle

You would have thought that Harris would have dropped that point to Woffinden there.

Could be the end of Woffindens world title run now.

Second time in the meeting I was cursing harris. Firstly when he was leading against hancock and batch I was yelling to clamp the inside but he went wide and let them both through. Then he clamped tai on the second bend allowing aj a free run round the outside, wheras if he'd kept going he would likely still have been third but with tai second. Even after that surely given his rubln this season he could have had "mechanical issues"

Second time in the meeting I was cursing harris. Firstly when he was leading against hancock and batch I was yelling to clamp the inside but he went wide and let them both through. Then he clamped tai on the second bend allowing aj a free run round the outside, wheras if he'd kept going he would likely still have been third but with tai second. Even after that surely given his rubln this season he could have had "mechanical issues"

Incredible suggestion in regard to Chris Harris! "The BSF at its best" - so to speak!

Some post-GP news:

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/3718/kks-cruel-break

Edited by Guest

Incredible suggestion in regard to Chris Harris! "The BSF at its best" - so to speak!

Some post-GP news:

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/3718/kks-cruel-break

Why not though? If it was good enough for the likes of peter collins, penhall, olsen gundersen etc. In world final meetings, why not help out a compatriot. Actually recall hancock qualifying from an overseas final as a result of ermolenko letting him past on the last lap.

I know the danes wouldnt give nicki a point, but would have thought a pole aussie or swede would have done in the circumstances.

Boring in the extreme. That's what happens when the gaters outnumber the racers. Nicki had a quiet night and boy did it show. At least Holder and AJ tried to relieve the boredom.

That along with the Hancock love in meant one of the worst offerings for long time.

Nicki was in the thick of the action, usually being overtaken, which wasnt boring at all.

The Hancock 'love in' is due to him being on the verge of becoming world champion. It's a pattern you don't seem to have noticed..

The top riders will get talked about the most, for good reason.

Edited by BWitcher

Why not though? If it was good enough for the likes of peter collins, penhall, olsen gundersen etc. In world final meetings, why not help out a compatriot. Actually recall hancock qualifying from an overseas final as a result of ermolenko letting him past on the last lap.

I know the danes wouldnt give nicki a point, but would have thought a pole aussie or swede would have done in the circumstances.

Why should a Pole, Aussie or Swede help Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)? Intriguing thought....!

Each to their own tastes but I`m finding the criticism of Nigel Pearson boring and out of order, speedway should be grateful we have someone within the media that can promote the sport, which I`m sure he does.

• Like 3

Each to their own tastes but I`m finding the criticism of Nigel Pearson boring and out of order, speedway should be grateful we have someone within the media that can promote the sport, which I`m sure he does.

But surely that's "part of the fun!" on the BSF? Always find someone to knock - Nigel Pearson, Chris Harris - and others all spring to mind.

Edited by Guest

Tend to agree with those that say not good racing, overall it was'nt.... but the occassion has to be taken into account, and that what made it a good meeting. Sure there was overtaking and some close finishes but it was the fact it was a gp that made the meeting palatable.

Nicki was in the thick of the action, usually being overtaken, which wasnt boring at all.

The Hancock 'love in' is due to him being on the verge of becoming world champion. It's a pattern you don't seem to have noticed..

The top riders will get talked about the most, for good reason.

Agreed. I loved watching Nicki being picked off :D

As for Greg, the love in is a bit sickly but credit to him, he rode well. When he missed the start in the one heat he rode a sensible, conservative heat and ended up in 2nd (passing Nicki P in fact). Yet when Woffy found himself at the back he seemed to go into panic mode and throw the bike here, there and everywhere. Had he rode sensible, conservative inner half of the track I believe he'd have scored a couple more. I think he could have passed Greg if he'd been a little less hasty too.

For once, Gregs "boring" was actually far more effective and better to watch than guns blazing of Tai and KK who either failed to go forwards or in some cases, go backwards. Its them things that make a World Champion.

And the excuse for the rest of the season? The love in with Hancock was not unique to Saturday.

As the night went on, the focus should have been the rider who was racing to a 21 pointer.

His primary job is to commentate clearly and impartially, not promote.

• Like 1