British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Swindon 6 Sept

Any Lions fans out there, thinking the same as me that next year will see some big changes with the team.

Hope Jason Doyle comes back again, visa permitting, think Max Clegg will make it if the FTR scheme carries on next year that is.

Not sure about the rest of the team. Mad's went off the boil weeks ago. Josh Bates needs to calm down a bit but he will make a good rider when he does. Simon Stead hasn't done to bad but is missing far to many meeting riding for Shefield.

Not sure if Buzz will ride over here next year and Nicholi is still not over his injuries properly yet.

So there will be a lot of places to fill.

Any Lions fans out there, thinking the same as me that next year will see some big changes with the team.

Hope Jason Doyle comes back again, visa permitting, think Max Clegg will make it if the FTR scheme carries on next year that is.

Not sure about the rest of the team. Mad's went off the boil weeks ago. Josh Bates needs to calm down a bit but he will make a good rider when he does. Simon Stead hasn't done to bad but is missing far to many meeting riding for Shefield.

Not sure if Buzz will ride over here next year and Nicholi is still not over his injuries properly yet.

This year has been a learning experience for Leicester and I think they have had some good meetings.

I'm glad they stepped up and joined the EL

Nice to see the change in Max Clegg throughout the season. Was very good last night

Oh what a bad night for the Lions we not only lost horribly, but we lost most of the team in the process. Simon Stead already out with a shoulder injury. Then Mads with a hip injury, Josh Bates with a shoulder injury after a nasty crash. Nicholi not really on top form.

So it looks like the last two meetings will be made up of anyone they can find to fill the places, not good.

The star of the night was young Max Clegg. He managed to get his highest score for the Lions and it was nice to see that his gatting skills are finally getting better.

All I can say is what a misrable lot the Swindon side are. I spoke to Rosco when he pulled into the car park and all I got from him was a grunt.

Then to top it off at the end of the meeting, he could not be bothered to bring the team out for the after match chat. Bad show from them, hope they fail to win the play off. You don't deserve it being such a misarable bunch. A few nice words cost nothing.

Bad show Rosco.

Why should the away team have to go out after the meeting to go on the mike anyway??.

I think as a weekend track we will have the same problems. We need to change to a week night but that is unfair on the families who have been used to Saturday nights. I know other teams have families but they didn't start on a Saturday and had the choice to go or not. It's like dangling a carrot and taking it away. With so many PL meetings at weekends DU riders are always going to be missing and then there is those that ride in Poland.

They have had that kind of attitude most of the season

They have been like that a lot recently. More Rosco, Batchelor and Morris than the whole team. Never seems to be a nice team spirit

Ok mdmc82 - we get it! You don't like Swindon - now jog on!

• Like 3

Ok mdmc82 - we get it! You don't like Swindon - now jog on!

nothing against a lot of the swindon team.

I don't see you having a go at the other posters who have commented about the attitude of the Swindon team and Rosco.

If you don't like my posts then don't reply to them

Have noticed this too at Swindon. Rossiter and the Robins riders all seem reluctant to have any interaction with the fans. Crowds are down so they need to lighten up a bit. Should look at how the Swindon Ice Hockey team appreciate and acknowledge their supporters.

All I can say is what a misrable lot the Swindon side are. I spoke to Rosco when he pulled into the car park and all I got from him was a grunt.

Then to top it off at the end of the meeting, he could not be bothered to bring the team out for the after match chat. Bad show from them, hope they fail to win the play off. You don't deserve it being such a misarable bunch. A few nice words cost nothing.

Bad show Rosco.

Have you not watched any of the recent interviews with them or been to any meetings and seen them in the pits?

Rosco used to be a bit like that when with the bees

Oh dear guys, you are not allowed a opinion on here. if you don't agree with everything some of them say then it must mean us along with half of the forum are all the same person haha :)

Edited by Champion2010

Last night pretty much covered in other posts. Great result in a long drawn-out dull meeting.

It's criminal that the Leicester setup is ruined by such a poorly shaped track - especially as they had a blank piece of paper to design it on.

Only my 2nd meeting of the season and if my life-long love and I are going to get back together properly, she had better start behaving better than last night!!

Edited by frigbo
  • Like 2

Bp stadium was not so much ablank canvas, as they where restricted on the area they could use by the Council who had other big plans for the area that so far have never come off. It could have done with being far wider, but we have to live with what we have got.

As for Swindon not going to the mike. it was said at the end of the meeting that Swindon where going to do a team parade which never happened.

And they asked for the team to come down to the start line for a chat, which never happened either. So all in all it was quite a snub to the Lions promotion team.

Would hate to see us lose a Saturday night, I am disabled and go on a Saturday with my Grandson, who helps me no end when I am there.

It would also mean he would not be able to go as it finishes to late for him when he has to go to school the next day.

We can't all win I supose.but it would be an end to us going to support the Lions.

They have done well this year after 2 of the team left after only a few meeting and then had to use guests and RR. Just got a good team back together and are now being hit by injuries which quite a few teams are suffering from now.

Max Clegg has come on these last few meetings and last night it was the first time I had seen him realy get his gating together. Just hope that he goes from strength to strength.

But until we see what the AGM brings forth this year, we havn't got a clue what is going to happen again.

nothing against a lot of the swindon team.

I don't see you having a go at the other posters who have commented about the attitude of the Swindon team and Rosco.

If you don't like my posts then don't reply to them

You are downright rude in your comments regarding all things Swindon. Your comments are unnecessary and you are embarrassing yourself and giving Coventry supporters a bad name, We have you sussed by whatever name you call yourself. Peterpan being the latest joke. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

They have had that kind of attitude most of the season

They have been like that a lot recently. More Rosco, Batchelor and Morris than the whole team. Never seems to be a nice team spirit

My god you really do come out with some meaningless crap on here...you seriously need to get a grip of yourself and a life as your in danger (probably too late) of becoming a sad wannabee groupie

• Like 3

My god you really do come out with some meaningless crap on here...you seriously need to get a grip of yourself and a life as your in danger (probably too late) of becoming a sad wannabee groupie

:D

It's too late!

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

Oh what a bad night for the Lions we not only lost horribly, but we lost most of the team in the process. Simon Stead already out with a shoulder injury. Then Mads with a hip injury, Josh Bates with a shoulder injury after a nasty crash. Nicholi not really on top form.

So it looks like the last two meetings will be made up of anyone they can find to fill the places, not good.

The star of the night was young Max Clegg. He managed to get his highest score for the Lions and it was nice to see that his gatting skills are finally getting better.

Bad show Rosco.

On the flip side, Rosco comes to Somerset pretty regularly and is always up for a chat at the after meeting rider of the night presentation. Often he is there with his wife and children, but still gives up a few minutes to talk to the supporters.

Bad show Rosco.

That could only have been writtien By a Leicester supporter . you wanna take a look at your own fans , riders and management before pointing the finger at Swindon ,

On the flip side, Rosco comes to Somerset pretty regularly and is always up for a chat at the after meeting rider of the night presentation. Often he is there with his wife and children, but still gives up a few minutes to talk to the supporters.

Most likely when he's managing Swindon he's concentrating on How to get the best out of his riders so he's a little preoccupied . unlike Norrie Allen who is preoccupied working on his vitriolic rants against his own team on the microphone after the meeting

• Like 3