British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Swindon 6 Sept

Rosco has asked me to guest in place of Worrall. Thats how limited our options are!!!

The whole thing is a joke. Coventry was a joke either way last night. Even if they had tracked 2 reserves one of them would have been so sub standard compared to Garrity its not fair.. They got away with it because they were at home against a faltering side without their number 1 but thats not the point. Now it will probably cost us on Saturday. The elite should have priority. Its a lot easier to replace riders in the PL than it is to get decent replacements in the elite.

It's a good point . PL teams could used rr for Worrall and Garrity etc in what are pointless matches . Look at Eastie on sat night having to use Compton for Blackbird complete joke .

• Like 2

It's a good point . PL teams could used rr for Worrall and Garrity etc in what are pointless matches . Look at Eastie on sat night having to use Compton for Blackbird complete joke .

Have to agree, the fast track system was supposed to help riders progress & as the PL were unwilling to participate in the scheme, why should they get priority?

• Like 1

Have to agree, the fast track system was supposed to help riders progress & as the PL were unwilling to participate in the scheme, why should they get priority?

Yep spot on.

Have to agree with everyone, the only point I can add is that most teams have suffered at some time or other with this. You'd just like to hope it balances out equally, but it certainly doesn't make it right. An EL re-think is most definitely in order.

It has been the same all year long for the Lions losing Josh Bates and Simon Stead most home meetings and it is time that the EL had the say over the riders instead of the PL it is a stuppid rule to say the least

It has been the same all year long for the Lions losing Josh Bates and Simon Stead most home meetings and it is time that the EL had the say over the riders instead of the PL it is a stuppid rule to say the least

With Double Up riders. Everybody wants the say

I hope when then next AGM comes along they somehow manage to sort all this swopping and changing from team to team.

Surely it can't be that hard, with 2 teams 1 EL and 1 PL to sort out fixtures at the start of the season, so they don't clash with the other teams.

I am sure that the EL team should get preference to the PL side. How come the PL side get the riders as thier assets. If a rider is as they say a self employed worker (rider) then surely it is up to the rider who the take the preference to ride for on a said night.

Especially when they ride for the EL team on the race night they always race on and the PL side change thier meeting to that same night. It must be down to riding for the club that you have signed for on thier race night. Not be expected to go to ride for the lower league when the race night clashes with your main teams night.

There has been far to much of this guest rider and RR this year, then having to have riders from the lower leagues to take thier place as has happened on a couple of occations this year at the Lions.

You should be able to see the same team of riders every meeting unless they sre injured. Hope they just manage to make some real sense out of 2015, but I doubt it very much. Also I hope that if the FTR scheme carries on next year that they can also sort out a proper selection or young riders that are all evenly matched instead of what we have seen happen this year, where 6 or 7 riders are far infront of the others and are scoring double points most meetings. They should have been given the chance to have been given a full team place and not riden at reserve, as they are way above the standard of riding in a reserve place.

What a joke that Brendan is our best option & the reserve races tonight will be "wobblers" City.

Count yourself lucky that somebody is available. Coventry had to race with no reserve in place of garrity in their win against Kings Lynn due to nobody being available.

That said I agree it's crazy that a rider high on the draft has to be replaced with somebody so low.

Sarjeant, Webster, Morley or Halsey??? No worse than Bates, Clegg & Greaves.

Halsey is riding for Eastbourne. Morley is riding for Kings Lynn.

Steve Worrall was injured last night at Edinburgh, neck and shoulder injuries, has to be a major doubt

for the next two or three matches! :cry:

Count yourself lucky that somebody is available. Coventry had to race with no reserve in place of garrity in their win against Kings Lynn due to nobody being available.

That said I agree it's crazy that a rider high on the draft has to be replaced with somebody so low.

Bloody hell I didn't see that.

Steve Worrall was injured last night at Edinburgh, neck and shoulder injuries, has to be a major doubt

for the next two or three matches! :cry:

I thought Edinburgh have said he could line up for them tonight?

To be fair Eastbourne have been f*cked over with their replacement for Blackbird tonight and Coventry have been a few times so its not just us. The whole thing is just a complete farce and will be decided on who's wobbler wobbles the least!

And yes we are so lucky a guest is available who will score 0 effectively meaning we are only riding with one reserve anyway. Wish Cov fans would stop harping on about 1 reserve when the one who was banned from riding would have scored f all anyway!!!

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 1