British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Do i get the impression that David Hemsley wants to change the race night?

Do i get the impression that David Hemsley wants to change the race night?

No, not according to the article on the website/ Leicester Mercury, Hemsley says he is travelling out this weekend to Poland to speak to Doyle & another current GP rider, with a view to signing both for next season.But adds " I don't see that a clash of commitments between Leicester & the staging of the Grand Prix meetings will be a problem as I am formulating plans for a workaround as and when Jason will be missing but I cannot divulge what they are until I have cleared it with our governing body".

I presume that because he doesn't mention having to cover the other rider on Grand Prix nights & it's unlikely he would sign 2 GP riders, it's someone who is currently a GP rider but will not be next season.

I have a feeling the current GP rider that he is going to talk to may be Kenneth Bjerre as they could probably arrange some fixtures around GPs for Doyle if they had cover with Bjerre and Cook.

I see it somewhat the same stevethelion, other than I think he is after two riders that will both be riding in the GP's, what aranegmets he plans to come up with, when he talks to the BPSA who who ever I have no idea, but he must have already have is own thoughts of getting around this problem. Unless as you said one of those riders will not be part of the GP's next year, still leaves a lot of riders to chose from.

I have a feeling the current GP rider that he is going to talk to may be Kenneth Bjerre as they could probably arrange some fixtures around GPs for Doyle if they had cover with Bjerre and Cook.

Kenny Bjerre will more than likely be back in norfolk next year, in my opinion.Maybe DH is going to chat to smoli?

I would be surprised if KK can be convinced to commit to a full season in the UK next year another outside bet maybe Lindgren.

I think a rider with initials KK could be the other one but signing Doyle would be a good start.

Doubt it would be KK, polish club unlikely to let him ride on saturdays, I'd guess at Smolinski.

I am still going for one of the Polish riders to come as captain, not sure if Lindgren would come back here again. We will just have to wait and see.

No, not according to the article on the website/ Leicester Mercury, Hemsley says he is travelling out this weekend to Poland to speak to Doyle & another current GP rider, with a view to signing both for next season.But adds " I don't see that a clash of commitments between Leicester & the staging of the Grand Prix meetings will be a problem as I am formulating plans for a workaround as and when Jason will be missing but I cannot divulge what they are until I have cleared it with our governing body".

I presume that because he doesn't mention having to cover the other rider on Grand Prix nights & it's unlikely he would sign 2 GP riders, it's someone who is currently a GP rider but will not be next season.

It is the words "clear it with our governing body" that make me wonder.

People seem to be forgetting that the EL may be moving towards midweek speedway next year, so signing any GP rider wouldn't necessarily be a problem - subject to the usual points limitations.

From the report on the Lions website, I would say that it is very, very doubtful that he plans to sell.

I wish you would make your mind up.

According to earlier posts, by you, Leicester was officially up for sale .

People seem to be forgetting that the EL may be moving towards midweek speedway next year, so signing any GP rider wouldn't necessarily be a problem - subject to the usual points limitations.

If it's moving towards midweek racing for next season why does Hemsley say he's " formulating plans for a workaround as and when Jason will be missing".He wouldn't need to if plans were in place for midweek racing next season. Unless the other promoters are keeping him in the dark about their plans!

I have never mentioned once that the Lions den was up for sale. I have always said it was very doubtful. It was another post that said it was up for sale, not me.

Ding ding looney land city central...

Here we go !

We haven't even had the AGM yet and we are already up to 9 pages

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1