British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

I am gutted to read on Facebook that Luke Whitehead is no longer going to be Leicester mascot .

Who can i laugh at before a meeting now he has improved 0% since day 1 when we opened .

you really are an arse " lion king" Why do people like you allways have to have a go at these kids.Lukes out there riding a bike,trying his best

and then he get stupid comments from the likes of you,maybe he wont win a world title (how many did you win by the way), but hes out there having a good go.....these kids need encouragement not laughing at.

• Like 2

If you want a bigger laugh read his Facebook page , claims he wants to ride for a national league team so he is above being a mascot .

My best memory was when the twins started half a lap behind him & both passed him within 4 laps

This is best post I've read for a while.

You are absolutely spot on,he has not improved one iota in 4 years.

I'm fully behind kids giving it ago but when they make no clear improvement in 4 years but go round making comments like they want to ride national league & giving it the big i am on matchdays like he is someone important he sets himself up for a fall.

Time for Luke to move over & bring the Thompson twins in, kids who actually have a future in our sport unlike Luke.

you really are an arse " lion king" Why do people like you allways have to have a go at these kids.Lukes out there riding a bike,trying his best

and then he get stupid comments from the likes of you,maybe he wont win a world title (how many did you win by the way), but hes out there having a good go.....these kids need encouragement not laughing at.

Edited by lionking
  • Like 1

I am gutted to read on Facebook that Luke Whitehead is no longer going to be Leicester mascot .

Who can i laugh at before a meeting now he has improved 0% since day 1 when we opened .

Laughing at kids lack of progress?? How infantile.

Time will tell if the lad moves forward in the sport. I wish him all the luck going.

Of course, its so easy you could probably do better :nono:

Got my own bike, and i know how hard it is. And generally half a lap behind in amateur meetings.

Have a laugh at that as well why don't you. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

If you want a bigger laugh read his Facebook page , claims he wants to ride for a national league team so he is above being a mascot .

Yes it's takes a big person with plenty of danglies to spout bile hiding behind a keyboard and a nickname......Priceless !

New underpants for LionKing! size ? extrasmall

• Like 3

Lionking- I like the look of that proposed team you have suggested unfortunately I don't think it would be approved as it has 3 riders from the same club so when Sheffield are racing Leicester would have 3 guests and with Saturday racing there will be quite a few clashes. Also going to have some Friday clashes as well.

Leicester appear but limited with FTR riders as cant use the following

Garrity- Racing at Rye House Sats

Newman- protected

Kerr- Protected

Blackbird- Really doesn't want to come back as hates track

Auty- Can not get round Leicester

So looks like it will be Roynon or Birks both have potential problems as have heard Roynon could be back at Workington which would rule him out and May have to choose between Birks and Bates especially if they have Steady back

Edited by flagrag

lots of worky supporters have ad am in their team..

Yes it's takes a big person with plenty of danglies

Yes it's takes a big person with plenty of danglies to spout bile hiding behind a keyboard and a nickname......Priceless !New underpants for LionKing! size ? extrasmall

As you would well know....Priceless!

New knickers for TMW..........extra large!

Edited by mrcts

Yes it's takes a big person with plenty of danglies

As you would well know....Priceless!

New knickers for TMW..........extra large!

Not sure what your point is everyone knows who I am.

Very. I'm built for comfort !

Edited by TMW

Lionking- I like the look of that proposed team you have suggested unfortunately I don't think it would be approved as it has 3 riders from the same club so when Sheffield are racing Leicester would have 3 guests and with Saturday racing there will be quite a few clashes. Also going to have some Friday clashes as well.

Leicester appear but limited with FTR riders as cant use the following

Garrity- Racing at Rye House Sats

Newman- protected

Kerr- Protected

Blackbird- Really doesn't want to come back as hates track

Auty- Can not get round Leicester

So looks like it will be Roynon or Birks both have potential problems as have heard Roynon could be back at Workington which would rule him out and May have to choose between Birks and Bates especially if they have Steady back

Charles Wright?

• Like 1

Maybe Big Al as do know Norrie has been impressed with him in 2014 when he been down at Somerset to watch saying he seems more committed and have some extra bite for the sport.

Thank for the info ,where do I find the fast track lists for 2015

The reserve pairing defiantly won't be like that because both Starke & Clegg are in Group B .

Plus given the choice there are a lot better riders in the draft then max clegg. He struggled last year & the draft has been made a lot stronger I am looking at a side along these lines fits in at 33.98 according to the final 2014 averages & assuming Wozniak comes in on a 5.00.

1. Jason Doyle 8.44

2. Szymon Wozniak 5.00

3.Kenneth Bjerre 7.41

4.Simon Stead 6.92

5.Craig Cook 6.21

6.Ashley Birks FTR

7.Josh Bates FTR

Thanks for the info,where do I find the fast track lists for 2015

Edited by Shirl

Leicester get first pick of the draft and would be best going either for Josh Auty who could be the highest ranked reserve or Charles Wright who they know well.

The problem I see with Leicester is trying to get a team up to 34 points. Doyle 8.44, Stead 6.92 and Wozniak 5.00 still leaves 13.64 for just two riders !!!

Other teams will be struggling too

Maybe Big Al as do know Norrie has been impressed with him in 2014 when he been down at Somerset to watch saying he seems more committed and have some extra bite for the sport.

His brother can guest if he's not available!

I've heard Auty's not exactly a good gater and its true he never got on with BP track in the PL matches - but he does have experience at EL level, including of the tracks that are now left, so maybe he's a strong contender still. If Blackbird is as "anti" as you say he is, then it's a pick between Wright and Auty.

I believe that Charles turned down a move to Leicester last season!

Thanks for the info,where do I find the fast track lists for 2015

You don't.....yet!! Not until Neil Vatcher announces the confirmed lists sometime after the deadline for acceptances of this weekend! Everything else is pure supposition!