British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

So it boils down again to, we get the ones that the other teams don't want. Why should they have to sit and wait for the other teams to pick and choose their own wants before we then have to go and look at a pile of old washed up riders that are past their sell by date, riders that come for a few weeks ubtil their own leagues start racing, or young riders who have no EL experience, no way at all to make a pick for an EL that can can be up there with the likes of Poole, KL the Bee's etc.

Get in there first and make them an offer the least they can do is turn you down.

With riders being self employed, this issues of club assets is rubbish to say the least. It should be up to each individual rider where he wants to ride. Unless the team that has made him an asset are payining him a big wad of cash for staying with them.

Come on we have been waiting far to long to hear who are going to be in next years team, it is only a matter of three and a half months away now. The season has been finished nearly that long now and all we know about are one young Polish rider and to FTR.

I keep checking every day on the Lions site but nothing changes, surely the management could give us at least an update about the things the club are doing at the worst once a month better still every couple of weeks. But what do we get nothing at all.

PR never has been the Lion's strong point. How can they expect people, apart from the very hardy supporters, to part with their cash for a season ticket when we don't know who will be in the team?

Fair enough.

How about Nicklas Porsing (5.68), Kim Nilsson (5.63), Kenneth Hansen (5.50), Ryan Fisher (5.39) or even Peter Karlsson (6.12)

What a secondstring Karlsson would be!

The only one i would take out of this is Kim Nilsson. PK was awful when he guested for Doyle last season the same as Hansen (scored 0 from a TR). Porsing wont be riding in Britain next year and wouldnt take Fisher as too unpredictable.

• Like 1

Porsing wont be riding in Britain next year

Says who?

I have only read it as rumour.

Doyle and Stead should return and Wozniak already in leaving 13.64 for the last two.

That looks quite a lot to fill and it is hard to see any seven plus rider likely to sign up so it would look more likely to be two six plus riders like Kylmakorpi Karlsson Buczkowski or possibly one left out at Poole.

Hardly a strong team on paper but the sport isn't run on paper and Auty should be a good reserve.

Porsing or Karlsson would be ok at No 2 or 4, or both respectively..

Fair enough.

How about Nicklas Porsing (5.68), Kim Nilsson (5.63), Kenneth Hansen (5.50), Ryan Fisher (5.39) or even Peter Karlsson (6.12)

What a secondstring Karlsson would be!

Doyle and Stead should return and Wozniak already in leaving 13.64 for the last two.

That looks quite a lot to fill and it is hard to see any seven plus rider likely to sign up so it would look more likely to be two six plus riders like Kylmakorpi Karlsson Buczkowski or possibly one left out at Poole.

Hardly a strong team on paper but the sport isn't run on paper and Auty should be a good reserve.

You sure about that

Be ironic is after leading the calls for a higher points limit David Hemsley could only build a team up to 40 34 points. Jason Doyle could be fighting a lone battle in 2015

Edited by SCB

Be ironic is after leading the calls for a higher points limit David Hemsley could only build a team up to 40 points. Jason Doyle could be fighting a lone battle in 2015

You mean 34 points, surely. The fast trackers are a seperate entity....

No idea where I got 40 from - moment of insanity I guess.

Would like to see Stead back he did a great job last year, that is if he don't lose to many meeting riding in the PL, not sure yet though if he has signed for Sheffield for next season. Could live with Buzz coming back. I just hope that they don't sign Cook I think we have seen the best that the lad can offer and he will never make an EL heat header on his form this year. Think he will stuggle for an EL place this year if BV don't have him back.

The Lions will be having a hard time at this rate to put anything like a half decent team together and I agree what supporter is going to fork out money for a season ticket, when we don't have a clue who is going to be in the team.

The way things are looking we be having to make do with riders from the PL to make up the numbers, Or a couple of unknown overseas riders.

Not very encouraging to say the least as things go.

Would also be nice to hear what they are up to at the stadium, I heard rummors that they where going to build new riders changing rooms up by the club shop, But silence as usual is Golden.

I am told that Leicester have 4 riders signed up but just waiting to make the announcements. Doyley they are just waiting on work permit to be confirmed,Wozniak already confirmed, a new no 2 rider to support Doyle who will be solid home & away , a fans favourite who loves riding the Leicester track.

Have faith David and Norrie are putting together a good team with plenty of improvement opportunity possible

Edited by flagrag

I am told that Leicester have 4 riders signed up but just waiting to make the announcements. Doyley they are just waiting on work permit to be confirmed,Wozniak already confirmed, a new no 2 rider to support Doyle who will be solid home & away , a fans favourite who loves riding the Leicester track.

Have faith David and Norrie are putting together a good team with plenty of improvement opurtunity

Sometimes no news is good news

As for the fans favourite who likes the BP track, Kauko,Magnus or the Tractor( only joking )

Fingers crossed on Doyley,top pro

I was hoping for Steady but maybe not this year-shame.

Would like to see Stead back he did a great job last year, that is if he don't lose to many meeting riding in the PL, not sure yet though if he has signed for Sheffield for next season. Could live with Buzz coming back. I just hope that they don't sign Cook I think we have seen the best that the lad can offer and he will never make an EL heat header on his form this year. Think he will stuggle for an EL place this year if BV don't have him back.

The Lions will be having a hard time at this rate to put anything like a half decent team together and I agree what supporter is going to fork out money for a season ticket, when we don't have a clue who is going to be in the team.

The way things are looking we be having to make do with riders from the PL to make up the numbers, Or a couple of unknown overseas riders.

Not very encouraging to say the least as things go.

Would also be nice to hear what they are up to at the stadium, I heard rummors that they where going to build new riders changing rooms up by the club shop, But silence as usual is Golden.

Jason Doyle in this week's Star hints at changes to the track. The building of new rider's changing rooms has been mentioned by DH I believe.. As I said earlier this week - PR is not the promotion's strong point!

Well Doyley is back in Oz so must have got the paperwork sorted before he left!!

Once bitten, twice shy - so to speak!!