British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

So will many of these GP-types who show up, be doing it mainly to test setups and prepare for the real action further ahead?

£25 quid (or whatever) to watch a practice session in the cold? I know what I'll be doing (not)!

Amazing, (maybe not) the first sniff of what could be a great early season meeting for British speedway and the doubters kick in with predictions of worthless meeting and waste of money etc. Truth is that given half decent weather the place will be near on full - remember the BEN fund last year? My only request would be DH & co anticipate a big crowd and do better than at last years BEN and provide slicker entrance planning both up front and on the day thereby avoiding over long waiting to get in.

• Like 1

The meeting is only hosted by Leicester so like the BEN fund entrance procedures & pre ticket sales are handled by the bspa not Leicester

The meeting is only hosted by Leicester so like the BEN fund entrance procedures & pre ticket sales are handled by the bspa not Leicester

OK I understand the point re pre ticket sales. but as the host, Leicester should plan to provide better facilities than two windows and a belated appearance of two girls on foot handling "exact cash only" sales. Its a small but important factor to consider or even ensure BSPA are made aware of the need to improve on last years problems. lets get the day off to a good start by avoiding a potential problem..thats my point.

Amazing, (maybe not) the first sniff of what could be a great early season meeting for British speedway and the doubters kick in with predictions of worthless meeting and waste of money etc. Truth is that given half decent weather the place will be near on full - remember the BEN fund last year? My only request would be DH & co anticipate a big crowd and do better than at last years BEN and provide slicker entrance planning both up front and on the day thereby avoiding over long waiting to get in.

If youve got the money to spend on a meeting, spend it on Ricky Ashworths benefit meeting, far more worthwhile way to use your money

• Like 6

If youve got the money to spend on a meeting, spend it on Ricky Ashworths benefit meeting, far more worthwhile way to use your money

two meetings on two different days, so could do both?

• Like 1

two meetings on two different days, so could do both?

For anyone with the disposable income, fine!

Has the track been altered ?

I am sure that DH will reveal all tomorow in his address to the people.

"look, I screwed up big time, its all my fault any nobody else's so it's time for me to come clean and admit i've been talking boll***s for 4 years. During the winter i've had it all ripped up, re-designed and re-layed. Please forgive me, and please those people who have gone away, give me another chance, i beg you."

And then i'll wake up.......

• Like 2

For anyone with the disposable income, fine!

I am sure that DH will reveal all tomorow in his address to the people.

"look, I screwed up big time, its all my fault any nobody else's so it's time for me to come clean and admit i've been talking boll***s for 4 years. During the winter i've had it all ripped up, re-designed and re-layed. Please forgive me, and please those people who have gone away, give me another chance, i beg you."

And then i'll wake up.......

I know people are entitled to their opinions but guys such as yourself only seem to post destructive comments and unfunny quips.....here's a challange for you,how about a balanced view for a change.

In my "opinion" the racing last season from July onwards was by far the best it has ever been at Leicester with some cracking meetings and I don't say that lightly after attending over 70 meetings at 18 different tracks last season!

I know people are entitled to their opinions but guys such as yourself only seem to post destructive comments and unfunny quips.....here's a challange for you,how about a balanced view for a change.

In my "opinion" the racing last season from July onwards was by far the best it has ever been at Leicester with some cracking meetings and I don't say that lightly after attending over 70 meetings at 18 different tracks last season!

MRCTS, humour is entirely a matter of personal taste. I dont especially like Charlie Hebdo's style of humour but its fine with me if others do. And if anything on here's unacceptable from the moderators' point of view, they'll deal with it.

I gave it the best part of three seasons at Leicester (not every week by any means i admit, other things to do etc); that was pretty fair i think, many others didnt stick with it for that long. And once you've gone from something, especially after you've given it a fair crack its very difficult to be persuaded back again. I spend a substantial amount of my small income on other sporting interests, like to go to Owlerton and EOS occasionally, but much as i'd like to, at present cant see me being at BP unless something radical changes. Shame really, because i supported Leicester Lions uphill and downhill during their first incarnation.

The Aussie Champion spoke out of his concerns about the shape of the Leicester track and you would then expect DH to make changes seeing he plans to make Doyle a Leicester asset.

MRCTS, humour is entirely a matter of personal taste. I dont especially like Charlie Hebdo's style of humour but its fine with me if others do. And if anything on here's unacceptable from the moderators' point of view, they'll deal with it.

I gave it the best part of three seasons at Leicester (not every week by any means i admit, other things to do etc); that was pretty fair i think, many others didnt stick with it for that long. And once you've gone from something, especially after you've given it a fair crack its very difficult to be persuaded back again. I spend a substantial amount of my small income on other sporting interests, like to go to Owlerton and EOS occasionally, but much as i'd like to, at present cant see me being at BP unless something radical changes. Shame really, because i supported Leicester Lions uphill and downhill during their first incarnation.

Went nearly every week for the first year, then less and less as it wasn't speedway as it should be. I know exactly why it's like it is - horses mouth and all that - and I have also been told what it should be like by people who should know these things. In the end it's up to DH what he does though. If it's working finincially then why change things? I personally think that the expense of changing the track would pay for itself but of course it's not my money I would be spending.

Overall the promotion have clearly got a lot right, DH gets a lot of stick for his manner but to get a project like this to operate you have got to be single minded and have belief that you can pull it off.

I have a lot of time for David and get on with him just fine, I've had years of practice and got used to him I guess - but I really do wish he'd take a few metres off the straights - lets's hope Jason can convince him where the rest of us have failed!

• Like 1

OK I understand the point re pre ticket sales. but as the host, Leicester should plan to provide better facilities than two windows and a belated appearance of two girls on foot handling "exact cash only" sales. Its a small but important factor to consider or even ensure BSPA are made aware of the need to improve on last years problems. lets get the day off to a good start by avoiding a potential problem..thats my point.

At last season's BenFund meeting the 2 ticket office ladies were congratulated on their efforts and expertise by the league's representatives and invited on to the centre green for a well deserved thank you. Every match they have to work out the prices for all the various catagories unlike most other tracks which have separate entrances for concessions , children etc. I think they do a fine job in such circumstances. I agree that some contingency method needs to be applied on certain special occasions but generally things work ok.

The Aussie Champion spoke out of his concerns about the shape of the Leicester track and you would then expect DH to make changes seeing he plans to make Doyle a Leicester asset.

Jason did not voice his concerns, he said what could be done to make the track better - two different things.

Edited by Fanmale
  • Like 1

I have a lot of time for David and get on with him just fine, I've had years of practice and got used to him I guess - but I really do wish he'd take a few metres off the straights - lets's hope Jason can convince him where the rest of us have failed!

According to Jason Doyle on the BSI site he has a lot of good things to say about not only Leicester Lions but about David Hemsley.

According to Jason Doyle on the BSI site he has a lot of good things to say about not only Leicester Lions but about David Hemsley.

said that with Poole, then Swindon... then Leicester...

do you see a pattern with any of this.. ;)

• Like 2