British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

The wheels are already in motion I hear to find a new sponsor on a nice positive note the last remaining rider will hopefully be confirmed later this week all being well

The wheels are already in motion I hear to find a new sponsor on a nice positive note the last remaining rider will hopefully be confirmed later this week all being well

John Titman, John Boulger, George Hunter or Geoff Bouchard:-)

Needs to be a big signing to keep the fans happy as the line up so far looks like another bleak season ahead.

Any news on the visa for doyle ?

What a blow to the Lions to lose the major sponser, so close to the start of the season, it didn't sound to promising on the Lions site with the ones they approach not showing any interest. Just hope that they can get a big name on board befor the start to the season.

Also what will be the cost of all the new advertinsing whoever they get. Names on kelvars banners etc around the stadium, all the work done by the Lions with the advertising etc, was it worth the hastle for just one season.

Get the paint pots and sewing machines out. Hope the last rider, that has been mentioned as it has been in weeks past actually comes to life this time and is a rider who is worth his salt.

Needs to be a big signing to keep the fans happy as the line up so far looks like another bleak season ahead.

Really? As good a top 2 as any, a couple of decent second strings and in Auty one of the best reserves. Baring disaster Leicester should do quite well IMO.

they learnt a lesson.

Actually, Rapid Solicitors have been taken over, New owners pulled sponsorship, not sure about there other motor sports interests though... Perhaps someone else can enlighten us......??

It will be a bus or train company then!

they learnt a lesson.

What lesson is that then?

It is going to be a huge hill for all the motor sports that have lost the sponsership of Rapid to find new sponsers, not just The Lions. When you look at the superbikes the Lions are just small fry really. But the way the climate is how many big companies have the extra in the coffers to spend out on sponsering motor sport, the superbikes are looking for a far site bigger funding than any speedway club doe's.

What is the chances of the Lions getting the services of Majic now that he has been given the heave ho by Poole, a good rider going to waste in my opinion as he rode his heart out last season for them. Not sure what happened there but I think it was more than, Poole are actually saying.

It would take us 0.84 over the limit we only have 6.66 left to use.

Janowski is a 7.50 rider .

What is the chances of the Lions getting the services of Magic now that he has been given the heave ho by Poole, a good rider going to waste in my opinion as he rode his heart out last season for them. Not sure what happened there but I think it was more than, Poole are actually saying.

Edited by lionking

Really? As good a top 2 as any, a couple of decent second strings and in Auty one of the best reserves. Baring disaster Leicester should do quite well IMO.

agree, though the last signing will determine whether they are genuine play off contenders. But can't see why they are being written off, outside the pretty much unanimous top 4 pick (bv, kl, cov and poole) I think they are arguably the best of the rest . certainly look stronger than wolves and lakeside imho
  • Like 1

who will NORRIE ALLEN blame for this years poor showing then now they've got one of the best reserves.last years disaster was all down to the young kids.