British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

It seems stupid to me that there is so much land around BP that resembles a WW2 bombsite, that if the Council had any sense, would turn all the land into carparking, because all the bull that has been put forth over the last few years, about what was going to happen to the area, is still how it wa when the stadium was built.

They huffed and puffed about building a beladrome for so long that British Cyclying said stuff this and went and built it in Derby.

There was talk about a skate board park/cycle park. Think that is the grassy bit at the far end with the dirt tracks going up and down it. Footbal grounds, somewhere in amounst the rubble and long grass.

At least if it was covered in tarmac it would be flat and weed free. Plus folks like SCB would not be getting tickets for parking in a so called free car park.

It looks like DH may have rubbed them up the wrong way after the letters they sent him last year for failing to abide with planning applications. Plus having to fix sound barriers, or sheets of plywood bhind the grandstand, because of the noise levels from there.

So who hears the noise, the shoppers, the birds and the bees. That is about all.

Such a waste of space, the council could even make some money out of it with ticket machines, charing to park there, 4 hours a £1 anything over that, the £85 charge as is the case with SCB.

Never have held much faith in Leicter Council though.

It seems stupid to me that there is so much land around BP that resembles a WW2 bombsite, that if the Council had any sense, would turn all the land into carparking, because all the bull that has been put forth over the last few years, about what was going to happen to the area, is still how it wa when the stadium was built.

They huffed and puffed about building a beladrome for so long that British Cyclying said stuff this and went and built it in Derby.

There was talk about a skate board park/cycle park. Think that is the grassy bit at the far end with the dirt tracks going up and down it. Footbal grounds, somewhere in amounst the rubble and long grass.

At least if it was covered in tarmac it would be flat and weed free. Plus folks like SCB would not be getting tickets for parking in a so called free car park.

It looks like DH may have rubbed them up the wrong way after the letters they sent him last year for failing to abide with planning applications. Plus having to fix sound barriers, or sheets of plywood bhind the grandstand, because of the noise levels from there.

So who hears the noise, the shoppers, the birds and the bees. That is about all.

Such a waste of space, the council could even make some money out of it with ticket machines, charing to park there, 4 hours a £1 anything over that, the £85 charge as is the case with SCB.

Never have held much faith in Leicter Council though.

Gordon Bennett WW, you don't arf come out with some rubbish.... How is it DH's fault that the British Cycling Club and the football promoter/business pulled out? It was in the middle of a bleeding whopping recession!!! I bet DH wishes he had not gone through the mill to build the speedway, and saved his dosh..

The amount of grief he gets on here, I sometimes wonder why he just doesn't shut it down and say "up yours" to everyone on here that constantly slags him and the speedway off!

• Like 3

I was not getting at DH but the coucil, they had so many plans for the area and nothing has become of it. The whole area needs a good tidy up, as it is the coucils land they are responsible for it not DH

It was also the council who dithered about that lost the beledrome. If you had read the post right in the first place you would see what I wrote.

I'm saying nothing Shawn :)

second thoughts on that post... not sure i can be bothered any more.

but the jist was if DH just shut the speedway stadium down wouldn't the business rates still need to paid by the owner of the complex but it would now be unused and have no income stream at all.

Edited by volty

Shocking to see that Bridger has quit after one meeting.

He made lots of fuss slagging off Coventry when they wouldn't give him a free ride and buy all his engines and equipment for him but we really had a lucky escape.

Feel sorry for the Leicester manager who has helped him out and given him a chance only for him to let down the team & the fans.

• Like 2

Oh dear another one bites the dust ,

very sad to hear about Bridger. people should be slow to judge. I think self-restraint is needed on here and elsewhere

very sad to hear about Bridger. people should be slow to judge. I think self-restraint is needed on here and elsewhere

Bridger was quick enough to slag off the Coventry management as Mdmc points out. As a professional sportsman he will always face criticism and rightly so if he is pulling out of a meeting four hours before it's meant to start.

• Like 3

I never have got BRIDGER the part year he was at coventry he settled down a bit and rode sensibly then went away again and off the rails something not quite there for him it's a shame because we don't have many Brits coming through

I never have got BRIDGER the part year he was at coventry he settled down a bit and rode sensibly then went away again and off the rails something not quite there for him it's a shame because we don't have many Brits coming through

was that the year he had walked out on Panthers.... ;)

All Promoters should just forget Bridger - the guy has the integrity of a Weasel! :o

• Like 2

It must be the 'traveller' gene in him - he can't stay in the same place for long!!! :D

Next stop Kings Lynn? Caravan in the car park?! Sorted. :rofl:

Edited by Skidder1