British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

He had to have an operation to wire his hand up towards the end of May. I think the six/eight weeks start from then.

That is what was said on the SCB website, so by the time he gets back and fit to race again the season will be almost over for him.

The problem lies with the fact that they are now calling on 2 guest reserves, some of the ones they have been getting are not just not scoring the points, it was a good job the main team did so well on Saturday, because the 2 reserves could well have cost the meeting. When you are up against the 4 clubs that have reserves that are scoring double figures at most meetings it makes the reserves a laghing stock, when you see some of the meetings that the 2 of them are coming away with over 20 points between them. It is time that they where all chosen on a level basis. Not 2 lads that are winning mettings for them.

To quote Norrie Josh is out till the end of July we have to look to replace him because we can only use Steve Worrall & Charles Wright 4 times each

Was that from the injury happening or is that a fresher update ??

Please feel free to tell me how wrong it is to say that but don't forget to mention how crap Wolves are. #hypocrites

Nobody is interested.

• Like 1

Lambert is riding well for Peterborough tonight on his return from injury. Good news for Leicester

Just been reading in this weeks Speedway Star that Neil Machin has left Sheffield to link up with Leicester.............I wonder if he will manage to get Hemsley to alter the track to create racing like that seen at Owlerton?

• Like 1

Just been reading in this weeks Speedway Star that Neil Machin has left Sheffield to link up with Leicester.............I wonder if he will manage to get Hemsley to alter the track to create racing like that seen at Owlerton?

Not a snowball in hells chance :wink:

The racing in the last few seasons at Sheffield hasn't been any better then at Leicester . How many times do you read on the updates FTG at Sheffield.

When i have been it's been 4 riders following the same line

Is this the same Neil Machin who 'wants nothing to do with Elite League racing'?? :D

Perhaps he's just helping out and paving the way for a return to the Premier League next season? :wink:

Brilliant. Colin was always one of my favourite Leicester riders and I couldn't stand Ole Olsen. :lol:

• Like 1

Lions fans, found this video on youtube of my old man stopping Coventry getting into the Cup Final back in the 80's

This is brilliant,for me he's a legend and I was at the meeting at the time so brings back great memories.

Cov always brought lots of one eyed supporters and they came expecting to win (which they normally did) but not that night.

I hope your dad is well- a lions legend

Shirl

Brilliant. Colin was always one of my favourite Leicester riders and I couldn't stand Ole Olsen. :lol:

I couldn't agree with you more Gem

Lions fans, found this video on youtube of my old man stopping Coventry getting into the Cup Final back in the 80's

Brilliant. Thank you so much for that. Watched it with great pleasure and a tinge of sadness.

I lived in Peterborough during that era and drove back along the A47 in whatever spluttering rust heaps I had at the time. The Cookmobile always cruised past me somewhere near Uppingham en route back to Suffolk - Nissan Bluebird maybe, or Merc estate? - anyway it was a privilege being regularly overtaken by Colin Cook on a Tuesday night!

Will always be in my best ever Leicester select team.

• Like 1

Shame Colin didn't know the way to Wolverhampton though. We once followed him thinking a speedway rider would definitely be on the right track but he got off at junction 9, drove down the road then into a petrol station, turned round and back on the M6 with us following. :lol: We all got there eventually.

There was another match I recall against Coventry (got the video somewhere) when Mark Courtney was trailing his leg through a big puddle on the track so it splashed Ole Olsen on each lap. Have I mentioned I used to hate Ole? :P I thought it was great.

Edited by Gemini

Halcyon days.......I wish we could turn back time to those great days in the seventies and eighties.....great track,great racing and big crowds fantastic.

Cookie was one of my favourites too a real trier.