British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Things have to be done and done rather quickly, unless we want to see the Lions staying down at the bottom of the league table,again this year, it looks like what looked like a good team on the back of a fag packet has now turned out to have been written on a Rizla, it has been rolled up and burnt away. The Lions are going to get no better with the 2 riders mentioned, also we have the wrong manager in place too.

What is needed are some swift changes, before the Lions look like the poor side that was fielded last season.l

Blimey!!!! 2 meetings gone, ok, we lost um.. not the end of the world!! No wonder you reckon nobody wants to ride for us! 2 poor meetings and the cleaver is out!!!!

Well things can only get better but we need to sort that track out as it is still crap and it will allways be crap until they sort it out we need good racing not gate and go

Just read the latest news from DH

LEICESTER promoter David Hemsley is keen to provide more in-meeting information to his riders during Elite League fixtures this season.
Hemsley told the Leicester Mercury: “I have decided we need to spend more time in the pits area working between the management and the riders to ensure that during the meetings the team receive the most up-to-the-minute information about how the track is changing and
where the best lines are appearing.

“Sharing of knowledge and experiences with one another adds confidence and leads to riders racing at their optimum level. The team then benefits as a whole.”

I would have thought that this should have been happening anyway. No wonder they lose meetings, if nobody tells each other anything.

Blimey!!!! 2 meetings gone, ok, we lost um.. not the end of the world!! No wonder you reckon nobody wants to ride for us! 2 poor meetings and the cleaver is out!!!!

Meanwhile the glass half empty brigade learn from whats in front of their eyes and make changes , and come back to BP with a demonstration of how glass half empty gets results , and glass half full gets a wooden spoon .. Durrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just read the latest news from DH

LEICESTER promoter David Hemsley is keen to provide more in-meeting information to his riders during Elite League fixtures this season.

Hemsley told the Leicester Mercury: “I have decided we need to spend more time in the pits area working between the management and the riders to ensure that during the meetings the team receive the most up-to-the-minute information about how the track is changing and

where the best lines are appearing.

“Sharing of knowledge and experiences with one another adds confidence and leads to riders racing at their optimum level. The team then benefits as a whole.”

I would have thought that this should have been happening anyway. No wonder they lose meetings, if nobody tells each other anything.

the promoter should not be concerning themselves as to track conditions etc .especially hemsley . god almighty we have already seen what happens when he thinks his experiences in Cycle speedway are valid for the motorised version .. it's the captains job to make sure his team are aware of the changing conditions , and the team managers job to relay the info to all riders ( not just the ones who are in his good books for night ) if the captain is too busy to do it personally ,

Oh dear that latest article about Mr Hemsley now being in the pits trying to advise riders is only going to end in trouble and unhappy riders.

I remember the first season it was a disaster and it got to the stage where riders were saying if he is in the pits I am not riding hence why they brought in Jason Attwood. He used to try and tell riders on the lines to ride and how to do cutbacks like he was riding his cycling bike

I really cannot see Doyley and Norrie being happy with that or even listening to him personally I think it's a wrong move by the club but shall have to see how it works.

• Like 1

Oh dear that latest article about Mr Hemsley now being in the pits trying to advise riders is only going to end in trouble and unhappy riders.

I remember the first season it was a disaster and it got to the stage where riders were saying if he is in the pits I am not riding hence why they brought in Jason Attwood. He used to try and tell riders on the lines to ride and how to do cutbacks like he was riding his cycling bike

I really cannot see Doyley and Norrie being happy with that or even listening to him personally I think it's a wrong move by the club but shall have to see how it works.

Hemsley in the pits was about the most entertaining thing that has happened at beaumont park. I'm tempted to give it another go!

What will hemsley's advice be.. i can think of 'you need to get your gating boots on as it's nigh on impossible to overtake' and 'you really need to get your gating boots on as it is impossible to overtake' and that's about it. Anyone think of any more?!

• Like 2

The riders keep an eye on the racing anyway! Hemsley is no motorcycle speedway rider.

Meanwhile the glass half empty brigade learn from whats in front of their eyes and make changes , and come back to BP with a demonstration of how glass half empty gets results , and glass half full gets a wooden spoon .. Durrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the promoter should not be concerning themselves as to track conditions etc .especially hemsley . god almighty we have already seen what happens when he thinks his experiences in Cycle speedway are valid for the motorised version .. it's the captains job to make sure his team are aware of the changing conditions , and the team managers job to relay the info to all riders ( not just the ones who are in his good books for night ) if the captain is too busy to do it personally ,

Can I please transfer that quote to every Poole thread?! Many thanks. :t::D

• Like 1

I would think that Hemsleys presence in the pits would be the kiss of death for any team spirit that Doyle might manage to instil in the Lions team. :wink:

• Like 1

But Hemsley does have a point - the rider do need to know where to ride as a meeting progresses. As a fan it's bloody annoying watching a rider blast around the boards a track where all the passing is on the kerb or vice-versa. It's surely also worth letting a rider know, "It's Andreas Jonsson in this race, go a little wider to block him" or "It's Hans Andersen i this race, stick it on the kerb he's unlikely to blast around you" or "it's Darcy Ward in this one. Just go hell for fecking leather because he'll try and pass you where ever the hell he can, rather you than me"

Surely a good team manager should know the oppiosition as much as his own riders so he can tell a rider what to expect in his next heat?

......SCB......Surely a good team manager should know the opposition as much as his own riders so he can tell a rider what to expect in his next heat?

Yes but David is not the team manager as they've already got Norrie doing that job. :) Too many cooks and all that. :wink:

• Like 2

DH going into the pits if things are not going well could cause fireworks as it did last time.

He wants the riders to listen to him as he pays there wages but he doesn't listen to the fans who pay him so he can pay the riders.

It seems to me that there is no point in haveing a team manager or captain, if the promoter himself is going to be doing both jobs at the meetings. So will DH be team manager and also wear the captains arm band at each meeting.

I hate to think what Norrie and Jason think about this new message they are recieving.

I would be spitting feathers, asking him in Norries case am I doing the job OK or do you want me to P**s off.

Edited by weatherwatcher

It seems to me that there is no point in haveing a team manager or captain, if the promoter himself is going to be doing both jobs at the meetings. So will DH be team manager and also wear the captains arm band at each meeting.

I hate to think what Norrie and Jason think about this new message they are recieving.

I would be spitting feathers, asking him in Norries case am I doing the job OK or do you want me to P**s off.

There would be quite a few fans who would have the answer to that though!! :wink::D

Never mind Lions fans, there should be a safe 3 points in the bag when the rag, tag, and bobtail Aces visit on Saturday :wink: