British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Have written myself a note so I don't forget to have a look at this thread tonight.

It could get interesting without even a mention about changing the track. :lol:

You blokes are all the same !!! :lol:

Edited by speedibee
  • Like 2

Two number one's ?? Suppose that might depend on whether the costs of maintaining machinery, workshop, transport, mechanics, tuning, set against earnings make it a viable proposition to ride half a season. Especially for a rider likely to have the same costs being incurred in Poland and Sweden, never mind for SGP. Maybe a good sponsor might make it viable and could make the difference. I got the feeling that Woffinden was at Wolves last year mainly courtesy of Monster.

Hopefully Jason Doyle can now land a good sponsor, his earnings will go up for sure, but so will his overheads whether or not he does ride in the UK. I'm sure he's very busy at the moment talking to many possible employers for 2015, and possible sponsors (already signed to ride for Dackarna in Sweden). He seems more like a Red Bull type of bloke to me!

Half a season in UK in terms of sheer number of matches is probably similar to full seasons in Sweden and Poland, but the earnings may well be lower in the UK. But if it helps clinch a good sponsorship deal, it might be worth it.

Anyway....we don't know if the BSPA will go along with it, if that's David Hemsley's cunning plan.

As for who might be the "other" GP/ex-GP rider? Doesn't your track suit someone who is good at passing on the inside, because passing on the outside's a bit difficult? (and a good gater, of course).

Thwe track was actually getting a lot better at the last 2 or 3 meeting. The banking had been built up on the bends and I an sure that the bends had been widened by a couple of feet, so yes we saw some over taking, both inside and out.

We haven't got long until the AGM but after the meeting it seems to take them for ever and a day to let the speedway fans know what super ideas they have come up with yet again.

Can't wait to see what brilliant ideas they come up with this year. I wonder if they have been sitting around doing nothing all year, I at least hope that they have been looking into a sponser to eplace all the lost money from Sky that they where getting, how can they manage without that sort of money coming in, I am sure with a bit of work on behalf of the BSPA another sponser could be found.

The way they have been going these last few years a good sponser would be spec savers. Because I am sure none of the can see what harm they are doing to British Speedway.

Since when has TMW been a woman? He doesn't look like on to me. I'd better avoid Specsavers in future! The clue is in the name. I estimate that at the Ben Fund and first Wolves match there was 3000 plus people. The rest of the season I would say that the crowds were slightly up on the previous year, although I didn't go to all the matches due to other commitments.

Whilst TMW certainly looks like a woman, her exaggeraeration of size (crowds in this instance) certainly makes a case for looks being decieving.

Edited by volty
  • Like 2

So DH suggest a shared No. 1 role and theres hardly a comment. When Matt Ford suggested the same thing 2-3 years ago, this forum went into overdrive (again!!) :mad:

Sorry I didn't realise this was a Poole thread!!!!

I can confirm I have all the right bits in all the right places.

Have you been this year Volty?

Don't listen yo Speedibee he's drunk

Edited by TMW

Agree that Cook would be great at Leicester.

Can imagine Doyle and Cook as starting point.

Think KK will be the other GP star they are talking to (although GP form goes out the roof for him in EL)

Would Leicester have to change race nights if 2 GP riders or use guests?)

Think KK will be the other GP star they are talking to (although GP form goes out the roof for him in EL)

I think the whole point of the 2 GP riders is to share no.1. It seems this needs ratifying by the AGM as at the mo there is no facility to sign 2 riders for the same number......

Would be nice to see KK at the Lions, but if he did sign then I am sure they would have to change the race night, because his Polish club as with most Polish riders as we have seen this year, they don't want them riding over here the night before they ride in Poland.

It would be a shame as I think we would lose a lot of the young fans if the night changed from a Saturday. Most parents could live with a Friday night as the youngsters don't go to scholl.

We have a good following at BP from these youngsters and it would be a shame to see them lost from the sport, we need them for the future of keeping speedway alive in the coming years.

I know my grandson who is 10 would not be abe to attend if it was mid week because on the way home on a Saturday he is falling asleep. And he gets up late on Sunday morning.

I can confirm I have all the right bits in all the right places.

Have you been this year Volty?

Don't listen yo Speedibee he's drunk

I went to the ben fund then just watched a bit on bet365. I do know that from regularly watching bet365 there would have had to have been a lot of fans just out of shot for crowds to be anywhere near your 1500-2000 estimate, whilst pixel8's estimates clearly show that he is 100% man.

Bear in mind that the stands at Leicester completely full seat 400 people. If averages were anywhere near 2000 you could have placed 2 of those on each corner and and 4 of them on the back straight and they would have been all been full. erm, i think as much as you probably don't want it to be the case speedibee's estimates would probably be very near the mark.

Edited by volty

I went to the ben fund then just watched a bit on bet365. I do know that from regularly watching bet365 theperimeteruld have had to have been a lot of fans just out of shot for crowds to be anywhere near your 1500-2000 estimate, whilst pixel8's estimates clearly show that he is 100% man.

Bear in mind that the stands at Leicester completely full seat 400 people. If averages were anywhere near 2000 you could have placed 2 of those on each corner and and 4 of them on the back straight and they would have been all been full. erm, i think as much as you probably don't want it to be the case speedibee's estimates would probably be very near the mark.

As you well know because Bet365 only shows the backstraight where people can only see from the fence so no one stands behind. On turns 1/ 3/4 people can stand from the fence up the bank to the perimetre fence.

As you well know because Bet365 only shows the backstraight where people can only see from the fence so no one stands behind. On turns 1/ 3/4 people can stand from the fence up the bank to the perimetre fence.

You can see the crowds on the 2/3/4 bends and backstraights on Bet365. From what i saw, for crowds of 2000 to be in attendance at most of those meetings would required some kind of mass pilchard impression on the home straight. I may be wrong though.

Doyle is in the SGPs so can't see him riding for a Saturday track - unless Leicester change their night?

I certainly agree that Jason would not really want a Saturday night track with GPs and Poland.

Also, swindon would be silly if they did not want him back.

Just a thought but if he is riding next year, will Darcy be at Poole?

I certainly agree that Jason would not really want a Saturday night track with GPs and Poland.

Also, swindon would be silly if they did not want him back.

Just a thought but if he is riding next year, will Darcy be at Poole?

I know for a fact that at least two league meetings there were only 800

Why do you think he wants to sell . :cry: