British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Mine are usually pretty Indepth every week!

They are indeed so I've edited my post and taken the 'sometimes' out. :) It's always good to read match reports as long as they aren't too biased towards the home team.

They are indeed so I've edited my post and taken the 'sometimes' out. :) It's always good to read match reports as long as they aren't too biased towards the home team.

I do try and give a fair flavour of the match and give credit, or criticsm if needed. There are bound to get times I big up the boys if they have excelled or have beaten a team supposedly much better than us but I'd like to think I show fairness to the opposition.

• Like 3

I do try and give a fair flavour of the match and give credit, or criticsm if needed. There are bound to get times I big up the boys if they have excelled or have beaten a team supposedly much better than us but I'd like to think I show fairness to the opposition.

That's why there is no match report. Lions fans aren't able to show fairness to Cov. We have had as much criticism and flovour as we can possibly stand and it's difficult to big up a team of 4.

Not sure what to make of the Bjarne pedersen situation

There is no situation - he doesn't ride for Leicester any more. Time to move on nothing to see here

• Like 2

There is no situation - he doesn't ride for Leicester any more. Time to move on nothing to see here

There is a major situation as to why a number of riders have walked away or been sacked from Leicester after riding so poorly for the lions yet scoring well abroad.

I heard Bjarne has not ruled out riding for another team in the EL this season ?

There is a major situation as to why a number of riders have walked away or been sacked from Leicester after riding so poorly for the lions yet scoring well abroad.

I heard Bjarne has not ruled out riding for another team in the EL this season ?

His interview in the Star this week repeats that the reasons are 'private' and personal/family oriented - nothing to do with how the club has treated him!! (Despite Norrie Allen's unpleasant and unnecessary outburst in the same issue!).

He is hopeful of sorting them out and has not ruled out a return to the EL if they can be overcome.

Edited by Skidder1

Maybe his family back in Denmark were against him going over to the UK at weekends, and he himself wasnt keen on keeping that routine going. Maybe he only signed for Leicester at a time when he wasn't anywhere near sure of what he wanted to do, and wasnt sure about other possibilities which were taking shape. Once those had been resolved, presumably satisfactorily, Leicester became a dispensable entity for him, and that probably happened at quite an early stage after signing for Leicester. His head and heart were probably just not it it from the beginning, nothing really to do with Leicester.

Later in the season i'd fully expect him to link with another UK club, especially if the income from Poland/Sweden/Denmark starts to run a bit short. What I think he was careful to do, was to avoid being "sacked", that way his reputation would be preserved to some extent and of course his average will have reduced somewhat - a very useful factor indeed!

anyone thinking Leicester should have stayed in the PL?

I think the struggle to recruit and retain non UK-based riders has caused disruption as we have seen with Ljung, Korneliussen, Hougaard, and now Pedersen. This was very predictable and can be attributed to a large extent, to the Saturday race night.

Riders generally know that Leicester struggle to recruit and retain, and so the club is vulnerable to riders using it as a short-term proposition, especially in the period before the Swedish leagues get underway.

The perfect solution is of course a complete team of UK-based riders, but that will never be possible. Hopefully for Leicester the two Poles will prove the exception to this, and each complete a full season (injuries of course notwithstanding).

But I don't think the problem will ever go away as long as Leicester are in the Elite and race on Saturdays.

• Like 2

Time to move on nothing to see here

You seem to be posting the above on every thread..

You OK mate ?

You seem to be posting the above on every thread..

You OK mate ?

Lol. What can I say - I feel like I'm in a time warp with regards Darcy and everyone jumping in like a pack of wolves - I can see why but it's old news. As for Bjarne, he had personal issues, has left and so not much to discuss.

It must be an age thing :wink:

• Like 1