British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Gutted for Josh was looking forward to seeing him ride at the Abbey on Thursday,he has started the season ok at EL level also Lambert has surprised me those two have been the two pluses for the lions.I hope Josh could get back for the British Final on June 15,a big ask also i wish that meeting was not at Wolves.The track does not help develop riders when they have to go and conquer the big European circuits.

Did'nt do Tai any harm also Piotr Pawlicki has moved up in Poland after one season at Monmore.

Maybe they should call this meeting off unless they can find adequate cover.Afterall they don't want to be seen as robbing the paying public if they cant put out a decent team :P

Lol like it like it....

I think they would still have the meeting, even if they had to use NL and MDL riders to make up the rest of the team. Never know them to cry off yet, we had some terrible guest last year and it made the meetings a bit of a laughing stock at times.

Just hope they get someone half decent, who can help to claw their way off the bottom of the league. From the way things are looking at the moment, the Lions may just be finishing last again, they will be looked upon as the team who will finish last every season. They thought they had done enough to get a team to finish at least half way up the table, afraid something went sadley wrong, very fast. Hope DH brings in the riders that will just make that little bit of difference.

The Lions need a team that will race their hearts out each and every meeting, something that has been lacking from some of them.

must be careful not to be russian into anything too quickly?

Why?, is bonderenko making massive comeback

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Will be interesting to see how Bridger & Norrie Allen get on as the season progresses 😄

You read my mind

As we all know things change very quickly in Speedway the last I heard was that Leicester were looking at making two changes one that is expected and one that will be a surprise. I was also told that one of the signings was subject to a work permit application so if correct would suggest a rider of good quality although this may delay his arrival slightly

It wont be MM then as the element of surprise has been kind of lost on that one.

Edited by TMW

It's Deffo bridger. And I bet it's on Olli allens equipment ;)

That would have been impressive had you not seen the instagram post Bridger stuck up this weekend!

That would have been impressive had you not seen the instagram post Bridger stuck up this weekend!

Yes I saw. Never needed to tho. It's been common knowledge for at least 2 weeks but seen as it's now on instagram there's no need for secrecy Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

So I guess Woodward is now fit again and is applying for his visa?!

So I guess Woodward is now fit again and is applying for his visa?!

Afraid not. I'm sure I read on Twitter that Hes got another appointment the start of June to check how the injury is healing before he can start practicing on a bike again.

Afraid not. I'm sure I read on Twitter that Hes got another appointment the start of June to check how the injury is healing before he can start practicing on a bike again.

Flagrag did say there would be a bit of a delay!!

I think they would still have the meeting, even if they had to use NL and MDL riders to make up the rest of the team. Never know them to cry off yet, we had some terrible guest last year and it made the meetings a bit of a laughing stock at times.

Just hope they get someone half decent, who can help to claw their way off the bottom of the league. From the way things are looking at the moment, the Lions may just be finishing last again, they will be looked upon as the team who will finish last every season. They thought they had done enough to get a team to finish at least half way up the table, afraid something went sadley wrong, very fast. Hope DH brings in the riders that will just make that little bit of difference.

The Lions need a team that will race their hearts out each and every meeting, something that has been lacking from some of them.

You don't need to worry about this fixture going ahead if you are unable to put a decent team together. Poole promoter Gordon Pairman has particularly strong views on equal teams competing in the EL. In January this year part of a post he made read....

Poole are probably best placed to cover the situation, but that would still leave a huge imbalance in the league something that is unacceptable to us.

Fair play to him I say.

• Like 1

TBH, if I were Leicester, I'd call it off on the day to piss on Poole chips.

The Aces tried that against Poole once. Didn't go too well for us.

• Like 1

TBH, if I were Leicester, I'd call it off on the day to piss on Poole chips.

Poole did it against Lakeside when they had just Shamak missing so surely they couldn't disagree with it.

• Like 1

The Aces tried that against Poole once. Didn't go too well for us.

Just quite all the previous Poole press releases either when they have done it or said that its acceptable to call meetings off. Obviously Matt/Gordon would agree as they'd not want to come across as hypocrites.