British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Shame Leicester didn't get the rider they wanted and instead another team has stepped in to get him.

You lucky people !

By all accounts the other club Wolverhampton offered a better deal than Leicester and doesn't mean such a rush to Poland on Sundays.

To be honest I have always thought Bjarne was a little boring anyway but is a good gater which is needed around Beaumont park. He would though have been good backup to Doyle oh well move onto next target.

Edited by flagrag

It seems that every team has stepped in for the top riders before the Lions. Not sure what DH and the others are doing but I just hope that they have got the right people lined up for the team, or will will end up the same as last year. The strongest team because we hold the rest of the league up.

Can;t say I am very impressed with what they are doing to back up Jason, unless they pull some very big rabbits out of the hat.

Must say that Jason is doing great with his rides in the Aussie Championships, just needing 5 more points to win it.

On another note saw that Holder has got himself injured again, it dosn't look very good for his future the way that he is getting these injuries every season. I think that he is probably coming to the end of his glory years, his body must be at a point where it can't take much more damage, before he thinks of moving on, maybe as a team manager. Can't see him ever coming back into the form, he was in when he became world champion. Shame as he is a great guy.

What's to say Leicester haven't been at the front of the que for top riders? Think you need to ask your management.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

By all accounts the other club Wolverhampton offered a better deal than Leicester and doesn't mean such a rush to Poland on Sundays.

To be honest I have always thought Bjarne was a little boring anyway but is a good gater which is needed around Beaumont park. He would though have been good backup to Doyle oh well move onto next target.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Hemsley, offer Bjarne more. That's not a rumour I`m keen on.

• Like 2

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Hemsley, offer Bjarne more. That's not a rumour I`m keen on.

He will offer what he thinks he can afford

• Like 2

The rider I would like to see in Lion's colours next season is Bjarne Pedersen who is presumably available due to Eastbourne having withdrawn. Each time he has raced at Leicester he has been a revelation. Not always winning his races but he showed hat he has no fear of the track and gave us some very exciting performances. His efforts in trying to come from the back put many riders to shame because they simply give up when they are at the back.

This is what I said in November.

• Like 1

This is what I said in November.

16+1 from 10 rides (6 of those points being on the wrong end of 5-1s) in his two matches for Eastbourne at BP last season is hardly a revelation.

He will offer what he thinks he can afford

Leicester's healthy financial position surely means we can sign anyone.
  • Like 1

Bjarne would have been an obvious target as a former Saturday track rider!!

16+1 from 10 rides (6 of those points being on the wrong end of 5-1s) in his two matches for Eastbourne at BP last season is hardly a revelation.

I said he impressed me with the way he kept trying even when he was at the back unlike most others. Some of his efforts were very entertaining with one race against Jason Doyle standing out. With more track knowledge he could be a very good signing.

I said he impressed me with the way he kept trying even when he was at the back unlike most others. Some of his efforts were very entertaining with one race against Jason Doyle standing out. With more track knowledge he could be a very good signing.

Anyway 17 from 10 is almost an average of 7 which would get better with more track time.

Who would Leicester rather end up with Bjarne Pedersen, Adrian Meidzinski or Martin Smolinski ?

Rumours seem to suggest Bjarne is heading to Wolverhampton with Lasse Bjerre so I would have thought Meidzinski joining his Torun team mate in Doyle being the best option if at all possible.

Can't see any of the big names like Hancock, Sayfutdinov, Hampel, Pedersen etc riding here and even KK was suggested when Leicester started but he is now World #2 in a year he decided to ditch Britain so why would he want to change something that isn't broken.

Because he has CONSIDERABLY< CONSIDERABLY more money than YOW

Anyway 17 from 10 is almost an average of 7 which would get better with more track time.

It's 6.8, but might as well be 4.4 given he beat only his team mate six times. I know ten rides isn't much to go on, but six out of ten rides at BP without beating an opponent sets some alarm bells ringing for a vastly experienced rider who would be coming in as our number two with high expectations of improvement. The rider we need shouldn't need more track time to get better.

• Like 3

Who would Leicester rather end up with Bjarne Pedersen, Adrian Meidzinski or Martin Smolinski ?

Rumours seem to suggest Bjarne is heading to Wolverhampton with Lasse Bjerre so I would have thought Meidzinski joining his Torun team mate in Doyle being the best option if at all possible.

Can't see any of the big names like Hancock, Sayfutdinov, Hampel, Pedersen etc riding here and even KK was suggested when Leicester started but he is now World #2 in a year he decided to ditch Britain so why would he want to change something that isn't broken.

Im pretty certain bjarne not riding EL this year