British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Why the delay in completing the 2015 team

why ask a stupid question that your not going to get the answer too.

The team should have been sorted out and named, quite a while ago, it would have at least have been nice to know on the Lions site a few pointers to who the last riders where likly to be even if they didn't actully mention names, they could have at least have given a few leads.

It is the same every year, the Lions website fails to let the fans know about most things that are happening. Not just in the close season but all season long.

why ask a stupid question that your not going to get the answer too.

As a potential customer it's not a stupid question at all.

Leicester's line up should of been completed by now.

I suspect that the delay in naming all riders (other clubs have to complete as well) is that Poole are waiting on the results of Darcy Ward's hearing on the 30th January - so don't hold your breath until then!

I suspect that the delay in naming all riders (other clubs have to complete as well) is that Poole are waiting on the results of Darcy Ward's hearing on the 30th January - so don't hold your breath until then!

I hope not. Lets not have a rider that would rather be somewhere else like last year. Lets have riders who haven't signed out of desperation or after thought

I think it's only Poole,Swindon,wolves & lions who are yet to name there full teams.

I think it's only Poole,Swindon,wolves & lions who are yet to name there full teams.

Only? That's half the teams in the league!
  • Like 1

The team should have been sorted out and named, quite a while ago, it would have at least have been nice to know on the Lions site a few pointers to who the last riders where likly to be even if they didn't actully mention names, they could have at least have given a few leads.

It is the same every year, the Lions website fails to let the fans know about most things that are happening. Not just in the close season but all season long.

Not a lot they can do if riders are lingering over making decisions. Leicester's just one part of a very large jigsaw puzzle and they cant be forced to sign you know!! And I doubt theres any riders signed up with the local JobCentres being strongly persuaded to sign for Leicester Lions.

What about offering your services to DH, and get on a plane to Poland and negotiate a signing?

Is there a cut off date that all teams have to name their 1 to 7 by ?

This is all I could find in last season's regulations.

Teams must declare their Team prior to the start of the Season. Changes must be made at

least 72 hours before the Start Time of the Meeting at which it is intended to be used.

• Like 1

Usually the team announcements have to be made in full by end of February so that BSPA can confirm them (or otherwise) by the start of the season.

In recent times we have had clubs go into the season without a declared 1-7 for a variety of reasons. So no, technically there isn't but I'd imagine the soon you do it, the more time you have to fix any issues.

Officially we started last season with only 6 riders because Jason Doyle didn't have a work permit & you can't declare a rider in your team if you don't have a work permit for him.

Kings Lynn still dont have a no.7 either.