British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Now the team is announced who do we want to guest vs Coventry as i believe Simon Lambert is missing riding for Peterborough vs GB Select & i was told that Bjarne Pedersen's polish club Gniezno are holding a training camp next weekend so he will be missing .

Great way to start the season !!!!!

Jesus Christ you're a glass half empty kind of guy, aren't you?

• Like 1

Now the team is announced who do we want to guest vs Coventry as i believe Simon Lambert is missing riding for Peterborough vs GB Select & i was told that Bjarne Pedersen's polish club Gniezno are holding a training camp next weekend so he will be missing .

I believ that Simon has been given the choice as its only a challenge fixture at Leicester.

Edited by Fanmale

Could Greg be the Grandson of Pawel Walasek who rode for the Hunters in the late 50's?

Interesting. Yes, he could very well be, or possibly his son being as he is 38? :unsure: I give up on that one as I'm still trying to work out if it's feasible. :lol:

No rider links in his entry in the 2015 rider index on the BSPA web site.

Well I am glad that most fans are happy with the last signing as I have said before I think he adds some strength to the top 5 I understand that he had assured the club that he is fully committed to UK racing this season hence him coming over this week for extensive practice with Wozniak and then going back to his tuner to get the correct engines setup for Leicester

Well I am glad that most fans are happy with the last signing as I have said before I think he adds some strength to the top 5 I understand that he had assured the club that he is fully committed to UK racing this season hence him coming over this week for extensive practice with Wozniak and then going back to his tuner to get the correct engines setup for Leicester

Flagrag- majority of the positives so far seem to be coming from further afield than Leicester!

By the way, I will lay claim to be the first on here to come up with Walasek's name after your rather strong clues, so I think you ought to be careful about throwing bricks in Lionking's direction.

Lionking has claimed that he's got some involvement in the running or financing of the club. Is he the Ying to Mr Hemsley's Yang? They seem to contrast with each other so perfectly, they obviously make a great team!!

Anyways, that's my visitations to this neck of the woods over with for a while now. It's been "fun" (sometimes) - back to tilling the soils of the Hebrides for me.

2A good signing for the Lions, they have put together a team that could just have a chance of making it into the top 4, just hope that the team can stay together for the whole season, because if they manage to stay together as a team I can see them really coming good. Not the best team in the league but it is not always the team with the best riders that win the meetings, it is the ones with the riders that can ride together as a strong pair that win the races, and this line up has the chance of doing that.

I am also very pleased, that after a lot of asking from one or two of us that go to support the Lions and are in wheelchairs, who have had to struggle to get from the viewing area to the toilets across the area of very coarse road stone, that if you are in a manual chair was a no go and you had to fight your way all around the stands, I would like to thank who ever layed the few slabs needed to help us to get there much quicker, without having to do a detour, to get there, a big thank you indeed.

We have been asking since the stadium opened,

I was told that we could ask one of the track helpers to push us round but we are very dependant and like to do as much for ourselves as we can.

Looking forward to a graet season, also very sure that we will finish a lot higher in the league than the first try at it last season, they knew they went about it wrong and have tried very hard this year to put things right.

So my mate was right on Greg being a Lion & good to see him back in Britain.

Always liked Greg as he helped the late Rafal Kurmanski whilst he had his short spell as a Robin.

I am just a shareholder & a volunteer this season in the past i have been more but things & commitments change.

I remain to having a good working relationship with David & the promotion .

Flagrag- majority of the positives so far seem to be coming from further afield than Leicester!

By the way, I will lay claim to be the first on here to come up with Walasek's name after your rather strong clues, so I think you ought to be careful about throwing bricks in Lionking's direction.

Lionking has claimed that he's got some involvement in the running or financing of the club. Is he the Ying to Mr Hemsley's Yang? They seem to contrast with each other so perfectly, they obviously make a great team!!

Anyways, that's my visitations to this neck of the woods over with for a while now. It's been "fun" (sometimes) - back to tilling the soils of the Hebrides for me.

Of course it's dissapointing not having a full team on view for the first match of the season . that I'm afraid is the position the whole Elite league has allowed itself to become ,, always the bottom of the pile , when it comes to rider commitment .. it seems to have taken only 2 seasons to have slipped into the easy option of the same local rivals everytime theres fixture spaces ,, and David Hemsley has quickly caught the Elite promoters disease of lack of promotion/innovation . after many years Elite league

promotion has become little more than an exercise in going through the motions . each new season becomes less and less of an attraction ..

While i agree with opening the season with the East Midlands bowl what disappoints me is that Coventry are our first 2 matches of the season at home

Of course it's dissapointing not having a full team on view for the first match of the season . that I'm afraid is the position the whole Elite league has allowed itself to become ,, always the bottom of the pile , when it comes to rider commitment .. it seems to have taken only 2 seasons to have slipped into the easy option of the same local rivals everytime theres fixture spaces ,, and David Hemsley has quickly caught the Elite promoters disease of lack of promotion/innovation . after many years Elite league

promotion has become little more than an exercise in going through the motions . each new season becomes less and less of an attraction ..

While i agree with opening the season with the East Midlands bowl what disappoints me is that Coventry are our first 2 matches of the season at home

I'd be disappointed too having to watch Coventry :wink:

• Like 1

You say the first 2 home matches are both against Coventry, does this mean that the Swindon fixture on the 28th of March which is still down as provisional on the Lions & SGB website is off, or as no definite decision been made yet? Does anyone know?

You say the first 2 home matches are both against Coventry, does this mean that the Swindon fixture on the 28th of March which is still down as provisional on the Lions & SGB website is off, or as no definite decision been made yet? Does anyone know?

It was announced ages ago - Swindon start with home and away wins on Good Friday against the pugwash girls :wink:

It was announced ages ago - Swindon start with home and away wins on Good Friday against the pugwash girls :wink:

Ok thanks, just wondered why it's still shown on the fixtures, admittedly as provisional.