British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

It was not to bad after the tractor racked it over. At the start of practice it was very lumpy and they where really struggling at speed to take the first bend as it was trying to wrench the handlebars out of there hands. Even saying that it was not riding that welll, will nearly all the riders coming to grief on in between turns 3 and 4.

Really impressed with the young Polish lad, but is starting will have to notch up a peg or two if he is going to be in the reconing at BP as he seemed to be very slow off the start line, went well around the track, but as we all know, unless you make the strat, then you end up at the back and stay there unless someone makes a mistake.

Think they will make a good side after a few meetings together. Also top marks to the two blokes who spent all winter, painting the fence, all around the track. They deserve it must have been a thankless task, painting that lot inside and out.

Strat??? I prefer a Les Paul myself. :rofl:

• Like 1

From what I could see there have been no changes to the track at all. So just hope that they manage to get that bit extra out of it as they did towards the end of last season, looking at the practice laps today I would say we are in for some preety scary races for the first couple of meetings until the track settles down, it was very close to a number of riders having a nasty tummble most of the problems where at turns 3 to 4, which has always been the trouble area.

So can't see much of a change in how the meetings shape up. Shame really because it good be a far better track with a few simple alterations.

Yes it should be a couple of good meetings to get them settled before the season starts and to hopefully get the team to pull together and sort themselves out.

.......weatherwatcher........ I would say we are in for some pretty scary races for the first couple of meetings until the track settles down, it was very close to a number of riders having a nasty tumble most of the problems where at turns 3 to 4, which has always been the trouble area.

Fingers crossed there are no accidents then. :neutral:

It was nice to see that Max Clegg has proved that he was up to being the No1 rider and captain of Cradley. He has been hailed as being a true captain and No1 in his first meeting and a much improved rider on the Cradley thread.

Such a shame that they didn't give him the chance of another year at reserve for the Lions. He was really starting to up his game on the last few meetings. But I think the 2 reserves they have picked may come up with the goods.

• Like 1

With Doyle now named in the best pairs, will Leicester be granted a facility for the meetings he will miss?

With Doyle now named in the best pairs, will Leicester be granted a facility for the meetings he will miss?

As far as I am aware it isn't a recognised event by the BSPA and with no British representation I would suggest they wouldn't get a facility but who knows when it comes to the BSPA.

Wozniak replaces Thorssell in ELRC

Edited by mdmc82

Probably Bjarne.

Bjarne still riding at present. It's Thorssell he replaces. Maybe Wolves didn't have another rider ready.

Bad news for Michelson. Hope he gets back in to good health and racing again.

Great news to hear that Jason won the EL rider championship. another feather in his cap to start off the season with, hope he carries on his winning form for the Lions and also in the up coming GP series.