British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Watching the sky match from Kings Lynn & people moan about the racing at Leicester #dire

you cannot compare a bad meeting at Kings Lynn to 4 years of gate and go at leciester.

kings Lynn is a proper speedway shaped track and not like Leicester a oversized cycle speedway track

• Like 3

All bikes and engines should be bolt standard, then it would be all down to rider ability, will never happen though as to many people within speedway making lots of money tuning engines.

• Like 5

They should all be bolted up at the factory and not opened up unless, they got sent back there or to an agent in other countries. There is far to much messing around with the engines, and not as it used to be in the garden shed when you got the bike back after the meeting, the top tuners are making big money out of the top riders, those below that haven't got that sort of money, will 9 times out of 10 find themselves behind the big guys.

Make it standard and keep it like that.

you cannot compare a bad meeting at Kings Lynn to 4 years of gate and go at leciester.

kings Lynn is a proper speedway shaped track and not like Leicester a oversized cycle speedway track

But sadly it isn't just 'a' bad meeting. According to some fans, the track is not what it used to be and there are more FTG races then they'd like. Apparently Buster, the track man, is 'the man for the job' so why do we end up with these processions? I don't think it's just about track shape. If it was, with a top track man and the right shape it would be great every week ... wouldn't it?

• Like 1

For those that posted before a wheel was turned ....... do you still think Leicester are play off contenders ?

Even using a good guest like Rory Schlein you got stuffed, yes by Coventry who ARE play off contenders but Leicester are down in the also rans in my opinion along with Lakeside, Swindon and ...... W .... Wo ....... oh you know who ;}

• Like 1

Bjarne Pedersen has had his best days, he'll maybe have the occassional good meeting, but generally a also ran performace can be expected. I like Simon Lambert I watched him every week when he rode for Sheffield. He can't ride the Leicester track, never has been able to. We got rid of him in the PL days now we bring him back to ride in the EL. So unless changes are made we are nowhere near a play off team.

• Like 1

Bjarne will come good - ok he's not the rider he used to be but he should be good for a solid 7 a meeting. It might seem odd but he's ride at #1 for Eastbourne and did a decent job so why not try that? I think by September you'll be saying he wasn't a bad signing.

Lambert though, never made sense.

Bjarne will come good - ok he's not the rider he used to be but he should be good for a solid 7 a meeting. It might seem odd but he's ride at #1 for Eastbourne and did a decent job so why not try that? I think by September you'll be saying he wasn't a bad signing.

Lambert though, never made sense.

He is riding in a tough position especially away.last yr at Eastbourne you could say riding at 1 was easier than at 5 so that's why he kept his average around the same. It will be a lot tougher this yr to maintain his average imo.

I am not 100% sure about Pederson but if you make a quick decision who else is there out there to replace him we struggled enough to get him and Walasek, So unless there is another rider who has changed his mind about UK racing it may be a case of waiting and hope for Bjarne to turn it around and that he doesn't decide to quit the EL.

Lambert is another story as others have said he has been poor in every match and was dropped from PL side as not good enough. The question is who on the draft list is best to replace him this year ? In my view the changes need to happen soon as if we are not careful come next Mon we could have done 4 EL matches with no points

I am not 100% sure about Pederson but if you make a quick decision who else is there out there to replace him we struggled enough to get him and Walasek, So unless there is another rider who has changed his mind about UK racing it may be a case of waiting and hope for Bjarne to turn it around and that he doesn't decide to quit the EL.

Lambert is another story as others have said he has been poor in every match and was dropped from PL side as not good enough. The question is who on the draft list is best to replace him this year ? In my view the changes need to happen soon as if we are not careful come next Mon we could have done 4 EL matches with no points

I think DH needs to replace the team manager followed by pederson & lambert if the lions don't want to repeat last seasons position at the basement of the league.

I think DH needs to replace the team manager followed by pederson & lambert if the lions don't want to repeat last seasons position at the basement o. the league

I agree with all your points. We need a new manager one that can work with the team and bring them on, Pederson is now over the hill and going nowhere fast, Lambert should never have been signed, the Lions could do no worse than bringing back young Max Clegg, he was really starting to get his act together in the last 3 or 4 meetings and I think he would have raelly done well this year.

I think DH needs to replace the team manager followed by pederson & lambert if the lions don't want to repeat last seasons position at the basement o. the league

I agree with all your points. We need a new manager one that can work with the team and bring them on, Pederson is now over the hill and going nowhere fast, Lambert should never have been signed, the Lions could do no worse than bringing back young Max Clegg, he was really starting to get his act together in the last 3 or 4 meetings and I think he would have raelly done well this year.

Problem is that Max now rides for Edinburgh so I guess that there would be a lot of meetings that he would have to miss if he signed for the Lions.

I don’t think any Lions fans will find anything positive to say about the result on Saturday. Doyle did well to get up from the deck and win heat 13 but he will know that 10 points from 5 rides by a number 1 at home is not good enough. Schlein probably scored more points than Michelsen so the score might have been worse if the latter had ridden. Walasek is o.k. when he makes the gate so 8 at home was probably about what we can expect from him. Woznak was right off the pace. Pedersen did not show up. He has won 2 EL races now, 1 home and 1 away and has not scored in his other rides. Sorry – not good enough. Auty does all that is expected of him and a good job too when you look at Lambert’s performance. He was just like he was when he rode for the Lions in the Premier League – reasonable gate and then picked off on bend 3 or 4. Cannot understand for the life of me why they signed him. On this performance I cannot see anything but a basement battle again.

• Like 1

Things have to be done and done rather quickly, unless we want to see the Lions staying down at the bottom of the league table,again this year, it looks like what looked like a good team on the back of a fag packet has now turned out to have been written on a Rizla, it has been rolled up and burnt away. The Lions are going to get no better with the 2 riders mentioned, also we have the wrong manager in place too.

What is needed are some swift changes, before the Lions look like the poor side that was fielded last season.l

First time ive seen the lions this season.very disappointed with pedersen and lambert.if they dont improve we need to make some early chsnges to the team

I think DH needs to replace the team manager followed by pederson & lambert if the lions don't want to repeat last seasons position at the basement of the league.

I take it you're not a glass half full man then.