British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

panthers biggest problem is with all there sunday meetings , most decent riders are in Poland

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that Sunday meetings attract a lot of fans from other tracks so there is no doubt a much improved attendance on Sunday's than the Friday meetings. :wink:

Edited by Gemini

The England game affected the attendance on Friday. Expect a decent crowd on a normal Friday. Best wishes to Olly on a speedy recovery.

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that Sunday meetings attract a lot of fans from other tracks so there is no doubt a much improved attendance on Sunday's than the Friday meetings. :wink:

"much improved" - think that we're a bit early in the experiment to be making those sort of statements.

I thought that there was more of a crowd for the Sunday fixture against Somerset...but then again, it is early days. Unless Panthers starting winning their home meetings, the crowds could well drop again and that will happen no matter what day they race on. As has been stated somewhere, there are many supporters out there that just want to see their team win, at least at home, so if this doesn't happen regularly, then the Panthers could be in trouble :unsure: For me, I feel like I want to make the most of the Showground and the speedway it offers whilst it's still there to be enjoyed. It came so close to closing in the winter that win, lose or draw, this season, I want to be there. Worrying to think that the track could've been dug up and never seen again! :(

• Like 1

"much improved" - think that we're a bit early in the experiment to be making those sort of statements.

Looked like a good crowd to me for the Somerset match. :unsure: Also seemed to be a lot of fans visiting from other tracks - me and the other half included - and we can only attend on Sunday's. I really hope Peterborough have a successful season as their track is one of the best in the country.

• Like 1

Looked like a good crowd to me for the Somerset match. :unsure: Also seemed to be a lot of fans visiting from other tracks - me and the other half included - and we can only attend on Sunday's. I really hope Peterborough have a successful season as their track is one of the best in the country.

Easy to get to by road, loads of car parking and plenty of seating. The race track ain't too bad either. On paper it should be a success
  • Like 2

So then who should we sign to replace Allen at number 1?

Well...god only knows really! As has been stated on the PPSSC on Facebook, it may well be difficult to find a rider that matches Allen. A lot of decent names that have already been mentioned on Facebook ride in Poland on Sundays and that would probably be an issue as then you'd end up having to get guests anyway! Mads Korneliussen, Patrick Hougaard, Kenni Larsen...all mentioned and all riding in Poland. Mads didn't want UK racing this year anyway as far as I know, but yeah... :unsure: Who knows? The club will have a hard job on their hands I think. Edited by em1500uk

Might be an idea to get a rider on a 6-7 average, to sign a better reserve, to get MPT or Roynon there!

Garrity

Rides for Coventry doesn't he? So he would miss the Friday meetings...

get darcy in. i am sure he needs a run out .

Robert miskowiak

Thought poles couldn't ride in prem? Also has the Sunday Poland meetings as a issue

Lewis Bridger but would require 2 changes as would put us fractionally over (even accounting for Roynon average being lower than MPT). Are there new averages issued Wednesday?