British Speedway Forum

Must be running just announced prices for books of 5 and 10 admission tickets

• Like 1

Must be running just announced prices for books of 5 and 10 admission tickets

Who'd be stupid enough to buy a season ticket before any riders are announced?
  • Like 1

same people who bought them last year before riders were announced
  • Like 1

Exactly surely should be other way round TEAM FIRST ?

• Like 1

Still 4 months until the season starts. Why would anyone want to part with their hard earned now? Edited by Shads

This is what i don't get, clubs expecting fans top pay up front with no guarentee of discounts generally for season tickets before a team has been announced. At leats once the team has been announced you can decide if you think you'll save money due to KOC and play-off meetings. Plus speedway season tickets rarely result in any discount, compare them to other sports and they're terrible value for money.

Then you find out in June that they're going to run a meeting or two on a random day of the week at a random time and you can't go so suddenly you lose money as a season ticket holder. Speedway fans are mugs!

Edited by SCB

done this way for yearsthat I can remember

• Like 1

Don't you get it, no team sponsor yet. Finding a new team sponsor will be the most important signing.

dont think they get it announce some signings even just one then maybe potential sponsors might be tempted to put some cash in but if there are no announced signings the product doesn't look as attractive seems perfect logic to me but for some reason not to the powers that be

This is what i don't get, clubs expecting fans top pay up front with no guarentee of discounts generally for season tickets before a team has been announced. At leats once the team has been announced you can decide if you think you'll save money due to KOC and play-off meetings. Plus speedway season tickets rarely result in any discount, compare them to other sports and they're terrible value for money.

Then you find out in June that they're going to run a meeting or two on a random day of the week at a random time and you can't go so suddenly you lose money as a season ticket holder. Speedway fans are mugs!

Most Premier League football clubs have waiting lists. Buying a season ticket makes sense to guarantee admission and you're regular seat. Speedway season tickets make no sense unless they are well discounted.
  • Like 1

done this way for yearsthat I can remember

yeah every year that I can remember thing is in the days before social media we didnt get to know till Thursday when the star or advertiser came out

Most Premier League football clubs have waiting lists. Buying a season ticket makes sense to guarantee admission and you're regular seat. Speedway season tickets make no sense unless they are well discounted.

the reduction on a season ticket is so low that they ain't worth buying if you plan to go on holiday and miss a couple of meetings

yeah every year that I can remember thing is in the days before social media we didnt get to know till Thursday when the star or advertiser came out

the reduction on a season ticket is so low that they ain't worth buying if you plan to go on holiday and miss a couple of meetings

Someone's grabbing the interest in their bank account

Still 4 months until the season starts. Why would anyone want to part with their hard earned now? just tou must remember junior and oaps get them as xmas presents i know cause i know some one got a season ticket for there xmas about 2or 3 seasons ago

Guessing its going to be £15 entry next season going by book prices