British Speedway Forum
markyb

Bees Vs Wolves Followed By Storm Vs. Cradley 26 Sept.

Rubbish meeting on a rubbish track - no excuse to prepare a track like it was tonight with the weather as it has been.

No entertainment and no racing to speak of.

Thank goodness it is the end of the season.

Wolfie

• Like 2

What was wrong with it?

What was wrong with it was Wolfie's team got thrashed so he's having to try and blame the track :)

• Like 1

Considering the World Stock Car championship was held at Coventry over last week end, the track was in great condition. I spoke with Stuart Robson after the meeting and he was happy with his paid 17 haul! I also spoke with Jason Garrity, he knows nothing about his so called wish to ride for Wolverhampton, and is more than happy at Coventry. I suspect the track will be a little deeper on the outside on Monday, but tonight there was nothing wrong considering how it was left 5 days ago.

• Like 2

What was wrong with it was Wolfie's team got thrashed so he's having to try and blame the track :)

Were you there?

If you were you would have seen Andersen complaining in the pits about the track along with other home riders.

Robbo was interviewed and described the track as being very tricky.

Riders were two wheeling into the bends and struggling to turn the bikes.

I'm well used to seeing Wolves well beaten but when there is nearly half a lap between the race winner and riders finishing last it tells you something.

Robbo was unbeaten going into heat 15 and had looked the best Coventry rider but he missed the gate in heat 15 and was nearly the length of a straight behind at the end of the race.

I am certainly glad I don't have to watch "racing " like that every week - and it seems the Bees fans are getting sick of it too as they seemed to vote with their feet tonight - the crowd looked to be around 800 at most which is maybe a testament to the rip off admission fee.

Wolfie

Edited by Wolfie
  • Like 3

Were you there?

If you were you would have seen Andersen complaining in the pits about the track along with other home riders.

Robbo was interviewed and described the track as being very tricky.

Riders were two wheeling into the bends and struggling to turn the bikes.

I'm well used to seeing Wolves well beaten but when there is nearly half a lap between the race winner and riders finishing last it tells you something.

Robbo was unbeaten going into heat 15 and had looked the best Coventry rider but he missed the gate in heat 15 and was nearly the length of a straight behind at the end of the race.

I am certainly glad I don't have to watch "racing " like that every week - and it seems the Bees fans are getting sick of it too as they seemed to vote with their feet tonight - the crowd looked to be around 800 at most which is maybe a testament to the rip off admission fee.

Wolfie

You should have stayed, the NL meeting is the talk of the town!

Couldn't have been that tricky to score paid 17?

If you were there you would have heard what Robbo said - his view concurred with most of the fans on bend one.

You should have stayed, the NL meeting is the talk of the town!

Stayed until heat 6 - looked like it would take a time to sort out Greenwood's crash so decided to call it a night as the racing in the second match was no better up to that point - it does sound as though the action off track spiced things up.

Robbo said it was a tricky track and that suits him. Tricky doesn't necessarily mean a poor track!

• Like 3

Stuart is a racer, he always does well on a track with grip and dirt, furthermore he does not moan he gets on with it and does his best. Like I say, after the Stock Car event, the track was as good as you could expect. We have all seen the track a lot worse earlier in the season. It will be interesting to see the surface on Monday, hopefully it will provide some good racing, the last thing we need is a slick gate and go type of track.

• Like 2

Hans didn't like the amount of water on track in heat 1 although other riders did okay but settled after a couple of heats. Produced some good racing and passes. Hansen much better now he's back riding the dirt.

Shame we hadn't saved Robbo for Monday.

"Riders were two wheeling into the bends and struggling to turn the bikes" part of wolfie post...

i know wolves are rubbish, but didn't realise they normally have stabilisers!

Edited by philfromcov

.....Wolfie...... I am certainly glad I don't have to watch "racing " like that every week - and it seems the Bees fans are getting sick of it too as they seemed to vote with their feet tonight - the crowd looked to be around 800 at most which is maybe a testament to the rip off admission fee.

Good job we don't have to then as the track has been pretty decent since Colin took over. Must admit it did look well watered last night which probably made it a bit tricky to ride and I'm sure the stock car meetings last weekend didn't help. Saying that I would still prepare it the same on Monday being as Troy seems to be on top form at the moment. Shame we can't have Robbo again as he and Chris Harris would get stuck in on a track like that. :lol: I think you're right about the reason for the lower than usual crowd as £22 was too much to pay for people who have no interest in watching N.L. racing and to charge season ticket holders an extra £5 was a very bad decision.

Looks like I missed all the fun and games in heat 10 as I left just after heat 9 thinking they'd never get the match finished before the curfew. Bah!! :P

• Like 1

Hans didn't like the amount of water on track in heat 1 although other riders did okay but settled after a couple of heats. Produced some good racing and passes. Hansen much better now he's back riding the dirt.

Shame we hadn't saved Robbo for Monday.

But other posters on this forum had warned for the "promotion" (lol !) wasting a decent guest before Monday re the 8 day rule.

But who are the supporters to question or argue with the mighty Mick (or is it Colin in disguise) and his amazing assistant Neil.

• Like 1

Max Fricke had already been signed up for Monday.