British Speedway Forum

Well Done Chris Harris

I believe every good thing that has been said about Bomber. He is a 100% trier, BUT.... The number of mechanical issues he has compared to (say) Greg is amazing. His bikes just don't seem to have the power the others in the GP do. Winning races from a bike length back at the first turn in a GP is almost impossible. Nice guy he may be but he devalues the GP. I don't pay to see 3 man races.

• Like 3

I believe every good thing that has been said about Bomber. He is a 100% trier, BUT.... The number of mechanical issues he has compared to (say) Greg is amazing. His bikes just don't seem to have the power the others in the GP do. Winning races from a bike length back at the first turn in a GP is almost impossible. Nice guy he may be but he devalues the GP. I don't pay to see 3 man races.

I also wonder how many times those breakdowns are genuine and how many times there an excuse because hes so far behind. He has at least one a GP that is either terrible preparation or giving up

• Like 1

You could be lined up and shot for expressing your thoughts like that, bill94d

Especially down Brandon Way!!

I rest my case after tonight. How can he justify a place instead of (perhaps) Kildemans, Ward, MJJ, Iversen? It makes no sense this GP challenge thing if it allows no hopers to have one good night on a British track and demean the GP in 2015. Tin hat time again?

• Like 2

Nice try Bomber.... only about dozen riders who can consistently perform better than you, and I'm not on about the occasional Cardiff, I'm on about riders who will score solid.

I rest my case after tonight. How can he justify a place instead of (perhaps) Kildemans, Ward, MJJ, Iversen? It makes no sense this GP challenge thing if it allows no hopers to have one good night on a British track and demean the GP in 2015. Tin hat time again?

When did Lonigo move to the UK?

Niamh

Yeah a big well done to Harris well deserved people may knock the guy but he is a trier and never gives up that is a quality I like about Chris.

He is a Brit so I will always back him.

It amused me that one or two reckon Harris should have given his position up to Tai.

1) I dont think Tai would want that.

2) Why should he? He is in the meeting same as anyone else, if any rider cant be in front of him by merit why should he let them past

3) How would the same people feel if a rider from, say, Poland, let his countryman past that would win him the world championship. Probably the first to moan.

• Like 3

Yeah a big well done to Harris well deserved people may knock the guy but he is a trier and never gives up that is a quality I like about Chris.

He is a Brit so I will always back him.

Elsewhere there was criticism of Chris Harris for finishing ahead of Tai Woffinden in one SGP heat. A comment that was not called for IMO. Why should he not do so - this is individual racing. Good work indeed by Harris.

When did Lonigo move to the UK?

Niamh

Sorry about that. GP challenge has been in UK though. Edited by bill94d

If Harris is in front of Tai then fk Tai why should Harris give way to someone who could not pass him.

If Harris is in front of Tai then fk Tai why should Harris give way to someone who could not pass him.

I agree all the way with you.

Are people really slagging off Harris for being in front of Tai? Perhaps Tai should have ridden better last night to be in front of Harris.