British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Kent Kings V Coventry September 22

Gustix I'm surprised at you that's lazy. Only joking! I'm going to make all efforts to get off work early to see this and support the kings. I can't believe we've got to this point. Well done!

It's very disappointing about the planning application but I've not given up hope. If I was Mr Cearns and had got this far I would fight tooth and nail. It would be a tragedy if this venue cannot progress in speedway terms. I know I'm biast as a speedway fan though.

I started watching speedway in 1969 at Canterbury where I lived and for as long as I can remember betting was strictly prohibited. Is there an angle to be gained as it is now allowed? Could the bookies who operate at the track cover speedway nights and generate some more interest and support? I don't know anything about betting as i only do the lottery. Maybe some of the complainers like a bet?

On paper this is a very close match up, and should produce some excellent racing..Ollie Greenwood is a force to be recond with round here and a much will depend on how James Sarjeant performs ,can be very good on his day.. With the Kings at full strength i expect a narrow win but a lot will depend how Danny Ayers and Jason Garrad perform against their opposite numbers ..Here,s hoping for a good safe meeting for all the riders and the right result ,we will need a decent lead to take to their place to qualify for the final against who i suspect will be Cradley.....6 -30 pm start

Edited by waco

There's obviously overwhelming forum interest in this match!

You should have started it earlier then.

I think this will be a fairly straight forward home win by upwards of 12 points. Hopefully Compton can set the tone in heat 1 and Lambert will take care of Greenwood. Morley for rider of the night?

If Sarjeant is racing then we'll send out Jason Garrad to deal with him again.

I can't bloody wait for this and the weather looks just right.

BYW!

I think we will by about 8 but lose over the 2 legs. Compton is not as quick as greenwood so it's our middle order and reserves that the meeting will depend on.

Wish I was there for this one but I'm in Greece so will be wishing the boys well from afar and checking updates throughout the evening. Looks a tough one but I think we'll do it but whether we'll do it by enough we'll only have to wait & see. Good luck Kings!

There's obviously overwhelming forum interest in this match!

You should have started it earlier then.

Why? Is it my personal task to do this?

you really are a weird individual.

just back from the meeting. I have to say that the bulk of our points came from unexpected sources. 12 up at one point and fair play to Coventry for taking advantage of the T/R which created a platform for a strong comeback.

I thought Baseby and Ayres were tremendous; it's pretty obvious who will have nightmares tonight.

This encounter is not over by a long shot!

BYW.

Hate to disagree with Whistlegang but i recon it is over score 49-44.. 5 Points not a big enough lead to take up there to Coventry,,Benji Compton and David Mason were way below par tonight and its going to cost us.. Aarron Basby was the best i have seen him all season very quick and 10 from 4 a star man,, God knows why he did not get heat 15 ? .. Although Simon Lambert won heat fifteen from the favoured gate one he took Ben Morley who had been solid with 10 from 4 at that point,, out on bend two, and had only scored 7 from four before heat 15....Now to the best bit Danny Ayers is improving at an astonishing rate of knots,,his re-pass of the quick James Sarjeant in heat 4 was the high light of a swash buckling display of speed and daring,yes he still makes a few mistakes,but has all the attributes to make a really good rider Hope they have him on a water tight contract can see him making the Rye Rockets team some time next season ,, we will see....So it is looking likely the last meeting will be the long awaited challenge against a junior Lakeside team As a footnote the referee Cris Gay did his usuall effort at spoiling the meeting holding the tapes far to long causing numurous tape infringments and possible burnt out clutches,,about time he learned from this,, other wise he is a good referee

Edited by waco
  • Like 2

Hate to disagree with Whistlegang but i recon it is over.. not a big enough lead to take up there at Coventry,,Benji Compton and David Mason were way below par tonight and its going to cost us.. Aarron Basby was the best i have seen him all season very quick and 10 from 4 a star man,, God knows why he did not get heat 15 ? .. Although Simon Lambert won heat fifteen from the favoured gate one he took Ben Morley who had been solid with 10 from 4 at that point,, out on bend two, and had only scored 7 from four before heat 15....Now to the best bit Danny Ayers is improving at an astonishing rate of knots,,his re-pass of the quick James Sarjeant in heat 4 was the high light of a swash buckling display of speed and daring,yes he still makes a few mistakes,but has all the attributes to make a really good rider Hope they have him on a water tight contract can see him making the Rye Rockets team some time next season ,, we will see....So it is looking likely the last meeting will be the long awaited challenge against a junior Lakeside team

It aint over till its over, I can see Ben and Simon holding there own up at Coventry, Danny should be more than a match for there reserves, Baseby what can i say, he was the Kent trump card tonight, i have heard David Mason may be unable to make the return leg :wink: so it will come down to Benji to make up for tonight, yes if i were to have a bet i would put my money on Coventry, but like i said you still have hope with an improving Danny Ayres sure he is sure to have a big say, in the 2nd leg, remember he can take 7 rides.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

Well done Coventry for a comeback against a strong Kent team.

I thought the Greenwood's rode very well and Danny Ayres was impressive.

I also agree with the comments made about Chris 'rerun' Gay!

• Like 1

just back from the meeting. I have to say that the bulk of our points came from unexpected sources. 12 up at one point and fair play to Coventry for taking advantage of the T/R which created a platform for a strong comeback.

I thought Baseby and Ayres were tremendous; it's pretty obvious who will have nightmares tonight.

BYW.

Have you been to coventry to see kent before, unless the lads have all got mega upgraded equipment we have no chance. We have to leave Mason at home as he cost us big time last night with an embarrassing display (although no where near as bad as he rode in our away league match at brandon this season.) If the other six boys have a good night I can't see us doing better then a ten point reversal unfortunately. Of course some dramas may occur it's sport after all but I agree it will be Arena Essex in a couple of Fridays time, not cradley. Unfortunately.

BYW.

You sum up Gustix very well. lol

• Like 1