British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Cradley V Mildenhall Posf 23/9/14

Well, I was looking forward to some good racing at Monmore Wood tomorrow but I'm really sad to learn that Connor Coles broke his leg yesterday. He looked really good on his last visit and gave us a good run for our money. Best wishes to him for a full recovery.

Equally I'm not sure whether Josh Bates will be fit as R/R operated yesterday.

Looks like it could all add up to another large win for the Heathens but not in the way we would have wanted to achieve it.

Fingers crossed for an incident free night.

Edited by Ommer Mon

Brendan Johnson is also out following his crash Sunday

Not filling me with huge excitement this!

Bates and Johnson are both still listed on the Cradley website preview but I suspect, in the light of previous comments, that may be old 'news'.

Josh would be a big miss. He flies round Monmore Wood and is one of very few visitors to give Starkie and Steve a race this year. If Brendan is out, and I hope he's not because he is a genuine competitor, it could work in Mildenhall's favour because he must list Monmore as his least favourite track and he really does struggle there at times.

Still with Jacobs and Halsey, Midenhall do have some top end fire power remaining and Jack Kingston has always impressed me as someone with a future. Ellis Perks has also picked up some good scores but it may take a race or two for him to get the hang of the track.

Heathens to beat the Moggies by 24 points.

Shame it was called off last night but there really was no alternative with riders doing 360s all over the place.

Back to Monmore Wood next Tuesday.

Hopefully Mildy will have one or two regulars back so we see some good racing.

Fingers crossed for the weather!