British Speedway Forum

If he can get a work permit!!

Not sure what the qualification for new riders apart from they have to reached a certain standard in their State Championships.

Mind you rumor has it that young Arthur's Great Granny was born in Chesterfield, which would mean would not need a permit and would come in on a very attractive 3 point average.

• Like 2

Disappointed me and SKJ, could not attend last night.

So looks like we will have to wait until the Conference for how the team will be formed for next season.

Hopefully the Premier League Promoters will tell the Elite League Promoters to do one regarding amalgamation, the Elite has got itself in the predicament that they find themselves in, and its their problem that they need to sort out.

Hopefully if the Premier league promoters do as you suggest, then the Elite league promoters don't remove all the high

earning GP riders and set themselves up in direct competition with the PL and offer higher points money, therefore

draining the PL of their top riders.I think you need to realise they all need to work together for the good of the sport.

• Like 1

one name I would throw into the hat for 2015, and cannot see why he has not had a PL berth this year is our former mascot james sarjeant, looks good everytime he is on sky in the EL, and would be a bargain on a 3 point average.

• Like 3

Yeah agree with the above post, id wouldnt mind seeing Sarjeant in the lineup.

Also just throwing it out there, could Mr Albin be returning ?

• Like 1

Facu wants to come to ride for Sheffield 2015 but few fans remember his performance last year.-

What is the difference between average Facu, Josh or Sarjeant? Even with Nicolas Covatti. And remember that only Facu miss a meeting by injury (Plymonth)

:t:

Facu wants to come to ride for Sheffield 2015 but few fans remember his performance last year.-

What is the difference between average Facu, Josh or Sarjeant? Even with Nicolas Covatti. And remember that only Facu miss a meeting by injury (Plymonth)

:t:

Sarjeant- 3

Facu- 3.66

Bates- 3.53 (or 3.44 if he get's a reduction)

There's no chance Bates won't be at Sheffield next season though. But i think a reserve pairing of Bates with Albin would work.

Sarjeant- 3

Facu- 3.66

Bates- 3.53 (or 3.44 if he get's a reduction)

There's no chance Bates won't be at Sheffield next season though. But i think a reserve pairing of Bates with Albin would work.

Yep agree with that Im sure Bates will be back along with stead if it is the case that Bates stays then we need a stong reserve with him and the only way I would keep Lanham or covatti is at reserve . Stead needs strong support next year if we are going to move forward.

Two different teams one strong throughout, the other top heavy. Personally I'd go with the first as every rider has the potential for improvement.

1 Stead 9.96

2 Ruml 5.00

3 Wolbert 6.19

4 Birks 5.68

5 Proctor 6.27

6 Lanham 4.96

7 Bates 3.53

1 Stead 9.96

2 Hall 4.28

3 Auty 7.04

4 Poole 6.95

5 Lawson 8.22

6 Sarjeant 3.00

7 Bates 3.53

Not positive of Sarjeant's average. I'm 99% sure any Sheffield 2015 team will have Stead and Bates in. Both unrealistic teams as I can't see the club owners of Birks, Wolbert and Lanham over looking those riders with the averages they have, too much potential to increase their average. Bringing in Ruml who showed good potential in the World Cup might struggle to start but with Lanham and Bates to cover shouldn't be a problem till he drops to reserve.

The second team looks great for Sheffield but I'm not sure would score much on the road. And think we'd be weak at reserve compared to the first.

I'd be happy to see Wells return(let the Wells bashing begin lol). Believe his average will rise again next season.

Albin looked exciting but exciting doesn't always score points so I'm not interested. Compton and Wilson have reached their peak and I can't see any room for improvement.

Think the team will be very different to what I've selected. Difficult to pick for next season with no potential 3 point trump cards and a lot of riders around the 6-7 point average.

The promotion have said that Poole won't be fit for next season unfortunately, so think he will be out of any team plans

I think that there are lots of options for the club to chose from who could be looking to come to the club.

Simon Stead is a must, and I think the Promotion know that he is pivotal to the success of the club.

Would be gobsmacked if Josh Bates is not included due to his family connection with some of the Promotion, also helps to sell the club to potential sponsors if you have a British champion in the team.

I can see Ty Proctor back, did a lot to help Promote the club during the time he was injured and on a average of 6.27 has to be a steal, and could and should put a least a point on that average, he has made no secret of the fact that he wants to ride for the club next season.

Ash Birks is another rider who I would expect would be back at Sheffield next season, two of his sponsors are PBHS the Bates family business and Wosskow Brown who are part of the Sheffield sponsorship team. Also said in the speedway star that a former Tiger was desperate to come back to the club. Could Ash be on his way back to his hometown club?

Also said in the Speedway Star that an exciting young British rider has asked about riding for the club, look at the front of Jason Garrity's bike carries the logo of PBHS. Could the exciting young Brit be Jason?

Peter Mole has a number of riders in his Drillerman racing team that he sponsors in that team he has the Kurtz brothers, Somerset will have to trim down their team down to comply with the points limit. I think Brady is a bit ambitious, but Todd could well be a possibility maybe?

Kevin Wolbert looked at home riding for the South Yorkshire Tigers on the many occasions he Guested for the club, surely must come into consideration..

And of course lets not forget Taylor Poole if he fit, Adam Roynon on a very low average maybe he miht fancy coming back to the club, Leigh Lanham on a low average maybe start the seson at reserve and the same goes for Nico Covatti.

And then add Ben Wilson, how many heat 1 advantages did him and Steady get together last season, and a fully fit Andre Compton might just fancy another crack at riding for the Tigers.

Just a few names thrown into the pot.

And I have not mention the name Arthur Sissis.

I think we need to build a team around Simon Stead, one that will score solidly to back up a top notch number 1 that Simon Stead is.

All Tigers Fans,

The first of the monthly STAARS gatherings this closed season will be on Thursday 6th November 2014 at the New Barrack Tavern Pub on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5 mile south of Owlerton Stadium) from 7:30pm.

As always it's a chance for Tigers fans, riders and management to catch up, have a chat and a few drinks from the NBT's excellent selection and hear any news/updates from the club during the silly season.

All are welcome !!!

Check the Scunny site. One or two on there don't expect to see Birks in the team next year......

We could enter two teams next year at this rate :t:

• Like 1

It's been announced in the Scunny Telegraph that Birks and Jorgensen are not riding for Scunny next year. Both have new clubs sorted....

• Like 1