British Speedway Forum

If Sheffield sign Ales Dryml they're giving up any hope of winning anything. They HAVE to stick with guests all year, it's the only way. Unless they're looking at replacing someone else at the same time.

Agree! I would go for guests all season, presuming Steady is out for the rest of the year.

We can have just about anyone as long as they are available.

Then I would get Drillerman to use all his powers of persuasion and influence to get Brady in for next season.

Him and Steady spearheading our assault on the prem next season.

Agree! I would go for guests all season, presuming Steady is out for the rest of the year.

We can have just about anyone as long as they are available.

Then I would get Drillerman to use all his powers of persuasion and influence to get Brady in for next season.

Edited by Dcb7

i would love to see that come off next season for sheffield, lol.

Does anybody expect Steady to ride again? Given his injury and his guarded comments about making a track return, I wouldn't be surprised if he called it a day. Gutted if that is the case, but would be entirely understandable

Does anybody expect Steady to ride again? Given his injury and his guarded comments about making a track return, I wouldn't be surprised if he called it a day. Gutted if that is the case, but would be entirely understandable

To be honest I would not be surprised to see him retire, but then again I would not be surprised to see him make a comeback after injury.

I suppose it depends on how well the injuries he suffered will have healed and if he feels that he can be as dominant on the bike as to whether or not he does decide to call it a day.

I wonder who the 2 riders Damian Bates has been talking too ? Linus Sundstrom ,Kenny Larsen might do a job for us?

huge skidmark returns ?

I think Steady WILL comeback, he is a remarkable fella still at the top of his game.

I'm sure it's not the way he'd like to finish his career.

Gotta remember, these lads don't think like us, they are a different breed, imagine someone like Steady turning his back on the sport he loves, still with so much to offer.

So I reckon he'll give it a blast, if it's still there, great, if not, well I'm sure he'll do what's right for him.

One thing is for sure, no matter what he decides to do, he'll be successful because of his likability and enthusiasm for life.

• Like 3

I wonder who the 2 riders Damian Bates has been talking too ? Linus Sundstrom ,Kenny Larsen might do a job for us?

Riding for Masarna and Valsarna respectively, can pretty much rule out anyone that rides in the Swedish Allsvenskan league as it is a Thursday.

Stead wont retire and why should he - hes probably the PL number 1.

Had a pretty good career - remember him being a star in Sheffs 1999 pl winning side. Never be a gp rider but one of the Pl greats for sure.

Sheffield need to sign a worthy replacement though if they are to challenge for honours - Dryml would be a diabolical replacement.

Great that David Bellego will be back in the team for the next home meeting which is in June :D So we will be a 6 man team with an appropriate guest as Simon has said it is unlikely that he will be back this year ..

Ok.... So he isn't intending to retire. That clears that up!

IMO he has no idea at this time whether he will continue or not ,he has had two awful injuries is less than three years and they will begin to take their toll no matter what age you are. Ihope to see him back on a bike but have my reservations sadly as this may just be one too many for even him.

Great that David Bellego will be back in the team for the next home meeting which is in June :D So we will be a 6 man team with an appropriate guest as Simon has said it is unlikely that he will be back this year ..

Who do you have down as Proctor's replacement?? My reading of new averages rules out Garrity!!