British Speedway Forum

think we have seen the last of andre on a racetrack now.

Is that with him saying that he would be racing again next season earlier?

Stead

Poole

Bellego

Birks

Auty

Wilson

Bates

If it doesnt fit they should change the points limit so it does :neutral:

and Neil Machin to do the fireworks next year , that was like they had spent 100 quid at the off license.

• Like 2

Still think Proctor will be in the mix but really not sure about Covatti. I think Ben on his end of season average is a steal. Just hope Poole's injury is not a long term rehab.

For sure I would pencil in :-

Stead

Poole

Proctor

Wilson

Bates

What would we have left with this team so far?.?

Still think Proctor will be in the mix but really not sure about Covatti. I think Ben on his end of season average is a steal. Just hope Poole's injury is not a long term rehab.

For sure I would pencil in :-

Stead

Poole

Proctor

Wilson

Bates

What would we have left with this team so far?.?

13.22 for last 2

So with Andre on 5.2 that would give 8.02 for another heat leader. That could be a good mix. Just need someone on 8 points. Any suggestions????

Or Lawson plus ANOther

To be fair Mr Rag, or can I call you Oily? Machin couldn't be arsed to have a firework display last year

From Dry House would seem that Bunyan is moving to a bigger track, on a very dubious low average, scored 16 guesting for Tigers at Workington, then immediately finished the season with a non Speedway injury, always scores well at Sheffield, and will easily put 2-3 points on his average, wanted a move earlier in the season, but was stopped by Silver.

Should've quit when sacked as captain, served his 28 day ban and still had a couple of months of speedway at the end of the season

Personally really looking forward to 2015 as the new promotion will start on a level playing field regarding team building.

I think they will and I hope they will go for a team that will make home meeting Fortress Owlerton, if you can go all season without dropping any home points then more or less there into the play offs.

Looking at this seasons riders for Sheffield.

Simon Stead; Has been immense for the club, and there is not rider in the league that I would swap Steady for so its a no brainer to bring back the 2014 PLRC champ. retain

Leigh Lanham; Not really worked out for Big Leigh, with the biggest disappointment from him was his away performances. release

Ty Proctor; Never really got going, but start to just show us what he can do when he got injured. On his finishing average I think he will form some excellent back up for Steady; bring back.

Adam Roynon; I am a massive Roynon fan, and would normally pick him to ride for Sheffield, but there is always a nagging doubt that Adam will pick up injuries don't bring back (But with a heavy heart)

Nico Covatti; Not done enough for me, had a couple of decent meetings but not enough especially at Sheffield, I would also be very worried about his continental commitments. release.

Taylor Poole; If he is fit then get him back. Once he found his feet and got going I thought he was superb. But for me on the average he would be coming back on would certainly love to see him back. retain

Andre Compton; Had the big crash and still not been able to see how badly that has effected him, made it clear he wants to be back next, but I do worry about that crash and what sort effect it has had. possibly retained.

Ben Wilson; Not too sure about Ben, really want to say yes to him. Successful Sheffield teams have always had local riders in their team and like Steady Ben is a local lad. So like Andre I would say. possibly retained.

Josh Bates; Bit wild and erratic at times, but cannot fault his 100% effort, and the club have invested a lot of time and effort developing that talent. retain.

From my retained list I would love to see a team built around Simon Stead to give us a solid looking team, to do that we would need to sign riders who are between 5.5 and just below 7 point averages who riding at Sheffield each week could improve on those averages.

So with a team that I have at the moment.

(1) Stead

(2) ,

(3)

(4)

(5) Ty Proctor

(6) Taylor Poole (If not fit then Compton or Wilson)

(7) Josh Bates

For the other 3 spots take any of these riders

David Bellego

Jason Garrity

Kevin Wolbert

Ashley Birks

• Like 2

I would love to see that team Spinny. Any of 3 of that 4 would do me or even all four instead of Proctor, he didn't really convince me, before his injury, that he would be a heat leader at Owlerton.

I would like to see Proctor back.After a poor start,he was really starting to look good and is a steal on that firm with his current average.

I can't say the sane about Cavatti.Had two good meetings at the most.

• Like 1

Personally really looking forward to 2015 as the new promotion will start on a level playing field regarding team building.

I think they will and I hope they will go for a team that will make home meeting Fortress Owlerton, if you can go all season without dropping any home points then more or less there into the play offs.

Looking at this seasons riders for Sheffield.

Simon Stead; Has been immense for the club, and there is not rider in the league that I would swap Steady for so its a no brainer to bring back the 2014 PLRC champ. retain

Leigh Lanham; Not really worked out for Big Leigh, with the biggest disappointment from him was his away performances. release

Ty Proctor; Never really got going, but start to just show us what he can do when he got injured. On his finishing average I think he will form some excellent back up for Steady; bring back.

Adam Roynon; I am a massive Roynon fan, and would normally pick him to ride for Sheffield, but there is always a nagging doubt that Adam will pick up injuries don't bring back (But with a heavy heart)

Nico Covatti; Not done enough for me, had a couple of decent meetings but not enough especially at Sheffield, I would also be very worried about his continental commitments. release.

Taylor Poole; If he is fit then get him back. Once he found his feet and got going I thought he was superb. But for me on the average he would be coming back on would certainly love to see him back. retain

Andre Compton; Had the big crash and still not been able to see how badly that has effected him, made it clear he wants to be back next, but I do worry about that crash and what sort effect it has had. possibly retained.

Ben Wilson; Not too sure about Ben, really want to say yes to him. Successful Sheffield teams have always had local riders in their team and like Steady Ben is a local lad. So like Andre I would say. possibly retained.

Josh Bates; Bit wild and erratic at times, but cannot fault his 100% effort, and the club have invested a lot of time and effort developing that talent. retain.

From my retained list I would love to see a team built around Simon Stead to give us a solid looking team, to do that we would need to sign riders who are between 5.5 and just below 7 point averages who riding at Sheffield each week could improve on those averages.

So with a team that I have at the moment.

(1) Stead

(2) ,

(3)

(4)

(5) Ty Proctor

(6) Taylor Poole (If not fit then Compton or Wilson)

(7) Josh Bates

For the other 3 spots take any of these riders

David Bellego

Jason Garrity

Kevin Wolbert

Ashley Birks

I bet on his average Wolbert back at Monarchs!!

on his average I imagine there will be a queue for his services next year.
  • Like 1

Depends what sort of changes the Edinburgh Promotion, realistically to Wolbert in they have to drop Cook and one other rider, my guess is that Wolbert will not be at Edinburgh.

But I suppose you never know.