British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Coventry Vs Swindon, Monday 29 September

I think Coventry will win their home leg and I think the aggregate score across the two is going to be very close.

Will go for a 49-41 win for the Bees in this one

Edited by Reliant Robin

Think its almost impossible to predict the outcome of either of these meetings, Realistically in my book the Bees don`t seem to stand much chance but hey am not going to write them off just yet we`ll have a better idea after Monday which Bee`s team has turned up. we`ll certainly need better showings from some of the team. I wouldn`t be suprised if both teams lose their home meetings its as difficult as that to predict in my book.

I am not sure you can look at the Bees bad form and use it a predictor at the mo, The defeat at Swindon had no real bearing on things as we were pretty much confirmed in the play offs and Swindon needed the result to confirm themselves. The Poole meeting, again they were racing for the top spot and we lost Howarth in a nasty spill early on (even Ford admitted it may have been a decent result) Prior to the Poole loss we had not at home since May (to Swindon).

Having said that, I still think Swindon are favourites due to the home track advantage they carry. Its of course indicative that Poole avoided both of these teams.

• Like 1

Champion2010 - are you out there? I will be attending this meeting and would love to buy you a pint to apologise for accusing you of being mdmc82.

Swindon to win the away leg by 10 and then lose the home leg by 8 so we all sh*t ourselves.

• Like 1

Swindon should be able to keep the scores close. in the most recent meeting we had rr for Killer who previously scored 12 points. A lot will depend on how the track is prepared as on our first visit the track was very slick and on our second I seem to remember that it was rough and Chris Harris seems to ride better on a rough track, but I am not sure about what sort of track the rest of the team prefer.

If Swindon can keep any loss in single figures we should be able to exceed that in the return leg.

Swindon should be able to keep the scores close. in the most recent meeting we had rr for Killer who previously scored 12 points. A lot will depend on how the track is prepared as on our first visit the track was very slick and on our second I seem to remember that it was rough and Chris Harris seems to ride better on a rough track, but I am not sure about what sort of track the rest of the team prefer.

If Swindon can keep any loss in single figures we should be able to exceed that in the return leg.

I think the general consensus from the team is they prefer it grippy. Most like to get out in the dirt but Kildemand will like too.

nice and grippy and batchelor to throw his dummy again!

hansen will be the key, needs to score some big points rather than the poor showings recently.

• Like 4

I am not sure you can look at the Bees bad form and use it a predictor at the mo, The defeat at Swindon had no real bearing on things as we were pretty much confirmed in the play offs and Swindon needed the result to confirm themselves. The Poole meeting, again they were racing for the top spot and we lost Howarth in a nasty spill early on (even Ford admitted it may have been a decent result) Prior to the Poole loss we had not at home since May (to Swindon).

Having said that, I still think Swindon are favourites due to the home track advantage they carry. Its of course indicative that Poole avoided both of these teams.

What home track advantage would that be? Eastbourne have a home track advantage but not Swindon. 3 defeats out of 16, including Coventry, plus a close run thing against Eastbourne is not home advantage.

I would be disappointed if Swindon didn't win the 1st leg to be honest. Having thought we might have Poole for most of the run in I am pleasantly surprised we have Coventry. I think the Coventry line up can be quite hit and miss and only Bomber and Garrity are to be feared on current form. Morris and North are better than Howarth and Hansen and that I think is where the leg will be decided.

Has anyone tried to use the Sky Ticket offer? I have tried to book one "oldie" ticket for £10.80 for the semi and it keeps giving me two tickets one at full price of £12 and one at the discounted price-do I have to buy two tickets to get the discount on one? Madness!

Has anyone tried to use the Sky Ticket offer? I have tried to book one "oldie" ticket for £10.80 for the semi and it keeps giving me two tickets one at full price of £12 and one at the discounted price-do I have to buy two tickets to get the discount on one? Madness!

It works for me.

Does anyone know if the OAP ticket is any concessions? Or do us student have to pay normal price on the day.

It works for me.

Does anyone know if the OAP ticket is any concessions? Or do us student have to pay normal price on the day.

There's a student concession option on there when I looked

There's a student concession option on there when I looked

Excellent. So there is. £10.80 for a play-off meeting. Awesome :D

Swindon are the form team but anything can happen over the 30 heats. Without Ward and Holder Poole are not the same team, and would be great if the 4th. place team can be crowned champions! If Batch and Killer can ride as in the GP, and Morra and North Dakota maintain their current form should be the Robins trophy.