British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Coventry Vs Swindon, Monday 29 September

so getting rid Jensen was a 100% A grade F88K up!

he wasnt brilliant bur not we have a great hole were a heat leader was supposed to be!

the team will need all the help it can get, luckily one of the swindon team will be sure of a very warm welcome, lets see if just ike darcy ward a couple of years back we "crowd noble him"

Making him noble by public acclaim, that appears to mean that your are making him more important. In my day when we wanted to affect someone's performance, we nobbled them. :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

he wasnt brilliant bur not we have a great hole were a heat leader was supposed to be!

the team will need all the help it can get, luckily one of the swindon team will be sure of a very warm welcome, lets see if just ike darcy ward a couple of years back we "crowd noble him"

If you are going to noble him does that make him a lord?

Hoping Coventry can take a 10 point lead to Swindon to have a chance, but think Swindon will win tomorrow night, making next weeks meeting a complete dead rubber.

Hoping Coventry can take a 10 point lead to Swindon to have a chance, but think Swindon will win tomorrow night, making next weeks meeting a complete dead rubber.

I wouldn't be so sure. Two very even matches coming up. A couple of Bees riders hitting form at the right time. Surely Hansen can't be as bad as he was at Blunsdon last time either.

yes lord greaves of the fist!

Finally some potential decent news this weekend for the Grieves family.

I understand that they do a great Christmas dinner in Winson Green prison.

• Like 1

Certainly looks that way, we've gone back to the problem that we had early on in the season and the reason Fisher was released, we have no third heat leader.

When the problem was resolved by signing MJJ we looked a very strong side, it's a pity as I think we would have won the league with an MJJ / Kenni Larsen standard of rider at number 3. No disrespect to Summers or Robbo but they are ok second strings not EL heat leader level, even Barker is more of a good second string than a heat leader.

• Like 2

Certainly looks that way, we've gone back to the problem that we had early on in the season and the reason Fisher was released, we have no third heat leader.

When the problem was resolved by signing MJJ we looked a very strong side, it's a pity as I think we would have won the league with an MJJ / Kenni Larsen standard of rider at number 3. No disrespect to Summers or Robbo but they are ok second strings not EL heat leader level, even Barker is more of a good second string than a heat leader.

Yet people slated MJJ scores, he wasn't exactly prolific. I think we will get away with Summers as heat leader at Brandon but need Fricke at Swindon.

I wouldn't be so sure. Two very even matches coming up. A couple of Bees riders hitting form at the right time. Surely Hansen can't be as bad as he was at Blunsdon last time either.

I've read Hansen scored a max today, looks in form at the right time.

Yet people slated MJJ scores, he wasn't exactly prolific. I think we will get away with Summers as heat leader at Brandon but need Fricke at Swindon.

I've read Hansen scored a max today, looks in form at the right time.

But people were stupid. He was scoring 6 and 7. Which is more than Fisher, more than Summers will get etc etc. People moaned because they saw his GP scores and wanted to know why he wasn't doing that for Cov. Didn't matter, he was signed as a 6.5 3rd heatleader and was doing that job just fine - people were not realistic. What over rider signed on 6.5 at the start of the season as a heatleader has done better? I'll tell you, NONE! In fact every 6.5 heat leader has seen their average drop this season riding in that position (Morris has gone up over the seaosn but his average dropped as heatleader)

Compare him to Morris, Cook, Schlein, Klyamkopri, Proctor, Bridger, Pawlicki (Shamek), Buczkowski, Karlsson, Barker, King, Kennett etc and tell me he was doing a bad job.

Now compare him to the rider who replaced him, Barker, average 5.28 this season.

There also the fact that when it comes to the play-offs there was a chance than MJJ could be in the mood and knock in a score of 10-12 points. Barker would score 8 on a good day. While summers will do well to get 5.

But people were stupid. He was scoring 6 and 7. Which is more than Fisher, more than Summers will get etc etc. People moaned because they saw his GP scores and wanted to know why he wasn't doing that for Cov. Didn't matter, he was signed as a 6.5 3rd heatleader and was doing that job just fine - people were not realistic. What over rider signed on 6.5 at the start of the season as a heatleader has done better? I'll tell you, NONE! In fact every 6.5 heat leader has seen their average drop this season riding in that position (Morris has gone up over the seaosn but his average dropped as heatleader)

Compare him to Morris, Cook, Schlein, Klyamkopri, Proctor, Bridger, Pawlicki (Shamek), Buczkowski, Karlsson, Barker, King, Kennett etc and tell me he was doing a bad job.

Now compare him to the rider who replaced him, Barker, average 5.28 this season.

There also the fact that when it comes to the play-offs there was a chance than MJJ could be in the mood and knock in a score of 10-12 points. Barker would score 8 on a good day. While summers will do well to get 5.

To be fair though I don't think we have missed him at all but obviously playoffs could be a different story.

To be fair though I don't think we have missed him at all but obviously playoffs could be a different story.

I think away at Leicester we would have done a lot better with MJJ, with the new format riding at number 3 is very unforgiving and while a rider like Summers or Robbo could certainly get a good score on his day riding at 2 or 4 against riders of a similar standard, there are no easy rides at 3 and it is too much to ask of them. Especially against Swindon with 2 excellent heatleaders in Kildemand & Batch and Gustafsson who can be very quick if he makes the gate.

I remember looking at my programme at Leicester and struggling to see where Summers would score a point, it's a tough job for him.

So why exactly did they let MJJ go as I was on holiday when it all happened? Did he miss a meeting so they got rid?

• Like 1

So why exactly did they let MJJ go as I was on holiday when it all happened? Did he miss a meeting so they got rid?

If I recall correctly he pulled out of our meeting at Belle Vue to ride in a Swedish league match? So they gave him the boot and replaced him with Barker who did 3 rides then got injured leaving us only able to use PL guests as EL heat leaders.

• Like 1