British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Could have been even more had it been tomorrow!

But no business people on a Saturday.

Weekdays is the only day a speedway club could possibly hope to have a successful networking event.

The value of a Friday lunchtime in commercial terms in incalculable.

Nobody seems to grasp its a net work meeting where big companies meet up during work time as no top director etc would give their weekend up after a hard weeks worth, to give up their weekend for a new experience. Possibly that's where Eastbourne have gone wrong in the past, to make it a fans day and the fans didn't appear on race nights

Nobody seems to grasp its a net work meeting where big companies meet up during work time as no top director etc would give their weekend up after a hard weeks worth, to give up their weekend for a new experience. Possibly that's where Eastbourne have gone wrong in the past, to make it a fans day and the fans didn't appear on race nights

yes I understand that they won't give up their weekend time. But now that they hold it on a weekday not as many people will see the team before 3rd April. Not that it's a big deal but would have been nice

yes I understand that they won't give up their weekend time. But now that they hold it on a weekday not as many people will see the team before 3rd April. Not that it's a big deal but would have been nice

But it's not about the people. It's about networking and the press and whats best for them. The fans will see the team at meetings.This is NOT about the fans.

Iv finally managed to get on here to express my view had work after p&p. I will admit when i saw us drop down 2 leagues i thought things were going backwards but i couldn of been more wrong. There is a whole freshness about the season, the team is full of young enthusiastic riders, then warwick and mason will bring the valuable experiance.

I love how tom has his own race suit with no.9 on cant wait till he can line up for the eagles.

2 standout performances were definately georgie wood and bradley, both looked very fast , but of course you cant tell a lot from practice, just cant wait for good friday now, really excited for this season.

Also though it was good how the people they were commuting with all had a go on pit bikes, all had beaming smiles on thier faces, new era for the eagles, cant wait!

• Like 1

Marc Owen is always exciting coming from behind but last night he was gating very well and just clearing off. If he gates like that all season not many riders will get near him.

• Like 1

I am not sure david Mason was that much off the pace, if at all.

I stood at the tapes for a while and was timing the laps and I was surprised that Davids were pretty much on a par with the others yet he LOOKED slow. I have not really seen him ride before so maybe that's his style.

Mason must be more of a cruiser than racer

It obviously works for him as he had a 12 point average round kent last year just needs to find an away form which he did get a max at Buxton

Marc Owen looked very good at Lakeside this evening!

Yes nobody touched him !

• Like 1

Love the Eastbourne suits, Great artwork put into place, Love Tom Brennan suit and the way he was racing around with Richard Andrews. I got to talk to all the riders, it was the best day Eastbourne Club have ever put on Well done to them all, Shame about me missing out on a ride with the Pitbikes but i have been told that they are going to do it again. Cant wait to see the start of the Season, Home win by 15 points :t: