British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Charley powell next season on a 3.00 will prove another secret weapon i think.

He won't be secret and may not still be a 3 by then. He has his first meeting for Birmingham tonight.

and in 2017 Nathan Ablitt

You'll have to wait until 2019 for Nathan.

Will tom join the eagles mid season, hes not yet been on a 500 i dont think anyway so i think we should wait till 2017 before we track him. Charley powell next season on a 3.00 will prove another secret weapon i think. Future is definately looking bright for the eagles.

From how I understand it, Tom cannot join the NL next year as you have to be a certain age at the start of the season and not being the right age means you miss the whole season so yes, it would be 2017 for Tom. (I think).

I see Charley is riding at Birmingham tonight. Will be interesting to see how he goes but what worries me is him ending up getting an average if he rides too much and not being able to sneak him is at reserve next year.

From how I understand it, Tom cannot join the NL next year as you have to be a certain age at the start of the season and not being the right age means you miss the whole season so yes, it would be 2017 for Tom. (I think).

Riders can join the league on their qualifying birthday.

He won't be secret and may not still be a 3 by then. He has his first meeting for Birmingham tonight.

You'll have to wait until 2019 for Nathan.

Thats still with in the 5 year plan

I see Charley is riding at Birmingham tonight. Will be interesting to see how he goes but what worries me is him ending up getting an average if he rides too much and not being able to sneak him is at reserve next year.

Not sure if charlie is ready at the moment thats why Eastbourne are giving him some time to get ready, I know that he spends a lot of time at the weekend in Europe on the Grass track, Possible too much of a big hit for him tonight but fingers crossed he can get a few points tonight. Come on Charlie

I see Charley Powell went well at Birmingham last night.

8 + 1 from 7 rides and that includes a fall while leading.

Another good prospect

I had a look on the updates and i was also told that CP did great last night, also his fall while leading was due to the start marshall left the cone in the track for the tapes which charlie hit on his way past on the second lap.

Good result for Charlie but he can only do 3 matches or he get an average which will kill it for Eastbourne next year as a 3 pointer.

Edited by catinthehat

See an Eastbourne Speedway bike is on the sponsor's stand at a big business event in Eastbourne today.

More good publicity for the Eagles.

You have to say IT First are opening lots of doors for Eastbourne. It will pay off in time.

Does anyone know anything about the End of season party that the club are doing, I have heard they are going to the Amex Staduim? sound like its going to be a good night for Team and Fans, I would like to go if anyone can give me some info if they have it.

Does anyone know anything about the End of season party that the club are doing, I have heard they are going to the Amex Staduim? sound like its going to be a good night for Team and Fans, I would like to go if anyone can give me some info if they have it.

All there has been is Connor "trailing it" as a mega event.

No detail, that I have seen.

The Amex rumour would seem to make sense as IT First have a close relationship with Brighton and Hove Albion, it was stated as the press day.

Be a coup for the Eagles to have an event at the Amex. Better than the Eagles' Nest :drink:

To have it at the amex that would be awesome

Best venue any British club has probably

Anyone got a price of a ticket or any idea as that will be fantastic to be at the AMEX but must be a sensible price I could only £30 for a ticket. What sort of price do you think the AMEX event would be.?

Anyone got a price of a ticket or any idea as that will be fantastic to be at the AMEX but must be a sensible price I could only £30 for a ticket. What sort of price do you think the AMEX event would be.?

I would not imagine it will be silly money. If it is at the Amex I would imagine it would be supported by the sponsors.

and to be honest anything other than the boring old clubhouse would be better to be honest.

From reading between the lines on the face book page its going to be:

At a place like no other

Ball room type event i presume shirt and tie. / Suit type outfit.

Awards for riders including the fans.

Buffet was voted highly on the face book postings as well