British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

i see Charley won at frittenden yesterday and georgie in marmande tonight who said grasstrackers couldnt ride speedway - im sure there is someone in this thread that said it!

Great result for Charley.

To be fair, a lot of good speedway riders have also been pretty useful on the grass and vice-versa. You can throw in a bit of long track into that equation as well.

See the dugards have built a bike for Gary cotthams debut on Sunday, lets hope he has a good meeting

and Saturday when we are away... With a bike that works nothing should stop him

islander what are your thoughts on gary cottham if he has good equipment which it looks like from the photos online, i think connor even posted a photo with a Pete Johns motor in the bike :shock:

islander what are your thoughts on gary cottham if he has good equipment which it looks like from the photos online, i think connor even posted a photo with a Pete Johns motor in the bike :shock:

I think its a good move. He's a fast starter and will do well on the equipment Connor's helped with and he never gives up and a genuine guy to talk to so should fit in well too.

• Like 2

Shall we have some predictions for the weekend?

Away Stoke I think we will win by 8

Home against Coventry a win by 25

Gary to get 7 & paid 9

Shall we have some predictions for the weekend?

Away Stoke I think we will win by 8

Home against Coventry a win by 25

Gary to get 7 & paid 9

That would count as a very good weekend if that happens.

I think Coventry will do better than that, although injury has weakened them

• Like 1

I think it will take Gary a few meetings to settle in, but i am sure if we see someone trying at home and away will be a step forward, i cant wait to see what we do at Stoke, Looking forward to seeing the wheels spinning again at Eastbourne.

I did wonder why they had no meeting last week or in 2 weeks time but i did see they had a huge stock car meeting and another one due, so i guess thats why speedway had to go on the back burner, just proves that speedway was not always going to be number 1 at Eastbourne.

But roll on Saturday and Sunday, 2 good results are needed.

Looking forward to Sunday, the it first eagles need a win but we must not underestimate Coventry Storm, as they will provide stern test. Hope there's a big crowd!

just got back to my hotel after watching the brummies beat the storm bit of shame greenwood lost his bronze helmet as bwd would have claimed it on sunday looking forward to seeing what the eagles can do at stoke

What a great meeting for the new guys, Hopwood l have to say if he was an opposition i rather him on my side then against the way he rode, Garry on the other hand looked nothing like the gary i remember, maybe race rusty but have to say rather unfair to put in the run of the season and expect him to do will with being out of the sport for so long. if it was me i run him for a few meetings until Dugard is fit again, Not sure what the update on Georgie is as that was right in front of me but i was unable to see how he landed. hope he is ok, looking forward to Coventry at the weekend, and onto Buxton sunday. Is it possible that a any other place can be more of a dump then Stoke Speedway.

Oh i ment to ask was that BWD dad having a spin or his Grandad?