British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Having seen Wilson-Dean in action over here in NZ a few times he's certainly someone that doesn't give up, but he's also prone to over trying.

Canterbury v Auckland a few weeks back he fell of his own accord a couple of times trying too hard when behind.

He's definitely a NZ rider with potential, but then again the youngster to impress the most this season in NZ is Hayden Sims, who incidentally will be back across with the USA Dream Team.

Hayden was disappointed to finish 3rd in U21's but went on to finish 2nd in seniors, just missing out on the title in the last lap to James Sarjeant

Hammer I believe Wilson was riding an 898 jawa in the meeting you mentioned, hence his poor score. Look at his last 4 meetings, 12 point max at u21, 12 points against Canterbury, 16 points against invercargill, then a 15 point max against invercargill. He's also stated that he's never been beaten by "Hayden Sims" put them on a track together and see who impresses.

Cant remember ever seeing him , who has he ridden for.

There were 4 New Zealanders came over a couple of seasons ago, riding 2nd halves. He may have been here then. I think I saw them at Sheffield. I think RTD and Haydn Sims were 2 of them?

Having seen Wilson-Dean in action over here in NZ a few times he's certainly someone that doesn't give up, but he's also prone to over trying.

Canterbury v Auckland a few weeks back he fell of his own accord a couple of times trying too hard when behind.

He's definitely a NZ rider with potential, but then again the youngster to impress the most this season in NZ is Hayden Sims, who incidentally will be back across with the USA Dream Team.

Hayden was disappointed to finish 3rd in U21's but went on to finish 2nd in seniors, just missing out on the title in the last lap to James Sarjeant

Well they do say 'if you're not falling off you are not trying'. Maybe he will stop falling off soon

Edited by TMW

Excactly the reason he shouldnt be allowed in the NL. :mad:

The handbook clearly states you must be British or British ancestery so at what part does that mean he shouldn't be in NL? No disrespect but in that league who stands out that may make elite league racing or higher apart from Clegg?

Ellis Perks - learnt to race in Aus

Adam Ellis - British / French

Brandford British / Aus

Wilson Dean Nz / British

Look at all the riders that came through the NL through Patriality believe me from what I've seen on videos him passing Sarjeant (one of British Speedways prospects) making him look slow and stand still this is just why the National League needs especially if he does that at Arlington he's going to set the crowd alight!

Eastbourne have got a brilliant chance in the Pairs at KL if he does come over

Wilson Dean - big track rider

Owen - 8 point avg there last year

Warwick - big track rider

Fours im not so sure

I don't see why you are against the kid he has done exactly what Perks, brandford Ellis, herne , Taylor Poole , Dakota north , Cameron Heeps did?

• Like 1

Excactly the reason he shouldnt be allowed in the NL. :mad:

oh come on if he was on your team you wouldn't be moaning!
  • Like 1

You're right Alex nothing more that Penny moaning about the rules again, maybe an investment in a rule book like Eastboune now have with averages and penny might get the rule about passport and ancestry rights.

• Like 1

I think Penny Cross was making the point at non-Brits shouldn't be in the NL and the rule is crap. Not that Eastbourne have broken any rule.

It seems odd that at a time where Aussies are being kicked out of the PL for not being good enough we're letting foreigners into the NL.

Nobody is against Wilson-Dean, Michael, just as SCB has said some people are questioning the rule and therefore a couple of other riders that you have mentioned. What does get tiresome though, is your continued love-in for a guy who's yet to race over here and is yet to prove anything but you seem to think categorically beyond doubt that he's going to take the league by storm.

You're right Alex nothing more that Penny moaning about the rules again, maybe an investment in a rule book like Eastboune now have with averages and penny might get the rule about passport and ancestry rights.

SCB is quite right. I don’t agree with that rule at all, but do agree, Eagles haven’t broken the rules.

As for investing in a Rule book, perhaps the Dugard family should have purchased one. After all, the rule about riders having some sort of partiality would automatically come in on a 5pt assessed average has been the same for years.

Then this mess wouldn’t have surfaced in the first place!

I genuinely object to any Brit being dropped for a non Brit. If this NZ turns out to be a good rider, who will he represent in the future? NZ of course, which is why I object, its nothing personal.

Oh and another thing, young Ellis Perks was born in the UK, to British parents, so doesn’t even come into this argument! His family moved to Aussie around 7/8 years ago.

• Like 1

Penny your spot on, Dugard should have read a rule book and not made such a simply mistake but looking at the footage of the Wilson guy Lets call him BWD i would say and have to be fair in this case he does look better in NZ then Brenden Johnson looks here. If BWD makes it here as good as he has in NZ then i have to agree with Dugard and co they made the right choice. And Mr Ceglio you going to stand up and have a bet with me about BWD 10 points in the first month? as i am looking forward to it a free meeting from you.

• Like 1

Year in year out Bunyan and Terry-Daley come to New Zealand to ride and nobody says anything, but when a kiwi with British patriality (his father has a British citizenship) you lot throw your arms in the air. How does that work?