British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Was gonna get a swap at work to attend the Coventry leg of the final. Not entirely sure there's much point now.

http://www.poolepirates.co/news/poole-v-king_s-lynn---postponed.html

Restaging Weds 15th October....

THURSDAY'S scheduled Elite League Play-Off Semi-Final 2nd leg between Poole and King's Lynn at Wimborne Road has again been postponed because of a waterlogged track. The restaging date will be Wednesday 15th October

9th Oct

THURSDAY'S scheduled Elite League Play-Off Semi-Final 2nd leg between Poole and King's Lynn at Wimborne Road has again been postponed because of a waterlogged track. The restaging date will be Wednesday 15th October

Edited by Jacques

I wouldn't rely on that. Yesterday it said today would be fine all day. Clouds now clearing. Big orange thing blazing its heart out now!!! with this wind and sun track will be dry by 7pm. Grrrr angry man

to be honest this rain has been forecast for three days now

I'm in the minority I know but I like the guest facility. I don't overly care who the riders are in my team. A fixed 1-7 or a 1-7 of guests I'm not bothered.

I'm a King's Lynn Stars fan and the badge come 1st. The riders, they come and go but the club remains. I just wish others would look at speedway in the same way, it's about the team, the club, home-town pride.

COME ON THE STARS

Well said! 100% agree

Restaging date Wed 15th!

Stretching it out that far puts completing the Final at severe risk

It's what October is all about.. rain. They need to seriously reconsider play-off's. Some fans like them, sometimes they work but for the most part if gives an artificial league champion and adds to complication of rain. Lose a semi to rain and it screws up the final too.

Ditch the play-off's.

• Like 2

From a very selfish POV. I'm working on the south coast (5 miles from Poole ironically!) Monday so was going to be pushing it to get to Brandon and if the final is still run on a Wednesday it'll be no my 30th Birthday. So it all falls quite nicely for me.

If Poole can't run it then they have to lose 75-0. Otherwise it's not in their interests to run this meeting, they're better off not trying than risking a Kings Lynn win!

I've seen some rubbish written in here before but this must be the most imbecilic and stupid post of all time!!...How is the weather's ANYONE'S fault!? Some people really should take a deep breath before they attempt to make posts sometimes!!!

• Like 1

This is a complete piss take if you ask me. Riggin a bloody great hole in the track to get it called off on monday to cheat a way to get a better team/chance of making the final, and now its called off again! Nice one Matt, cheers, screwing our sport just cos you cant bare to get beat? You all moan about this n that on here all season long, guests, prices, riders, rules, and everything n anything else when the only thing really thats wrecking this sport are tw@ts like Ford who blatantly bend and twist any and every rule imaginable to get a win!

Bet sky are well impressed, cheers Matt, nice one

• Like 1

When the weather's good and the music stops, all guests can change round ........ If they want to .

Who wants Killer???, Who wants Woffy?? What's the cost of Zagar

LETS JUST TOSS THE COIN.............and get it over with...................

Bees website still showing the final next Monday (I'd love to know when it's going to be now because I only just booked next Monday afternoon off work to travel up to Coventry from Kent!

That would suit Poole down to the ground, more rain the better, I think they'd get more revenue with a guaranteed final than run a semi when they could possibly lose, and lose the revenue from the final too also lose the trophy too. As I said Poole do not need this to be on, end of. The only team desperate to get it run are KL.

I see its off now anyway.

Yes I do see what you're trying to infer but I don't believe that Poole would have wanted this one called off and would have relished the idea of doubling their revenue rather than a seeding straight to the final. It's a business after all, you can't pay your bills with trophies.

Still, rearranged now so end of story!