British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

It's what October is all about.. rain. They need to seriously reconsider play-off's. Some fans like them, sometimes they work but for the most part if gives an artificial league champion and adds to complication of rain. Lose a semi to rain and it screws up the final too.

Ditch the play-off's.

I'm OK with the Play-Off's but I'm not sure the Semi-Finals are bringing any value to the clubs like they were a few years ago. Our first leg crowd was no bigger than a regular race night. Coventry's 1st leg crowd didn't look overly spectacular.

Maybe a straight shoot-out between the top 2 for the title, cut out the middleman.

I've seen some rubbish written in here before but this must be the most imbecilic and stupid post of all time!!...How is the weather's ANYONE'S fault!? Some people really should take a deep breath before they attempt to make posts sometimes!!!

It wasnt on monday really, track was fine apart from a strange hole right on the racing line!

Blatant for all to see

This is a complete piss take if you ask me. Riggin a bloody great hole in the track to get it called off on monday to cheat a way to get a better team/chance of making the final, and now its called off again! Nice one Matt, cheers, screwing our sport just cos you cant bare to get beat? You all moan about this n that on here all season long, guests, prices, riders, rules, and everything n anything else when the only thing really thats wrecking this sport are tw@ts like Ford who blatantly bend and twist any and every rule imaginable to get a win!

Bet sky are well impressed, cheers Matt, nice one

come on then Poole Quay have a pop at this guy as he quite clearly is trolling.

No? Oh so its just me and Brum who are trolls then!

The good news is still taht the meeting will be re run and nobody goes through by default.

Come on Lynn the GP'S will be over go and get Zagar!

Restaging date Wed 15th!

I heard theres a storm coming in next week, wednesday, thursday and friday look to be the worst affected days. Heavy rain and gale force winds.

Lets hope the weather forecasters are wrong!!

Edited by Brummie Kev

Bees website still showing the final next Monday (I'd love to know when it's going to be now because I only just booked next Monday afternoon off work to travel up to Coventry from Kent!

Yes ,we'd booked leave and hotels too..All now cancelled. It'll be the following week surely? :neutral:

I've seen some rubbish written in here before but this must be the most imbecilic and stupid post of all time!!...How is the weather's ANYONE'S fault!? Some people really should take a deep breath before they attempt to make posts sometimes!!!

The option are.

Poole go to the final

Lynn go to the final

Neither go to the final

What do you suggest is fair? if you allow the team who have the second leg to go through because it wasn't run then you have the farce of Poole not wanting to run it as they may lose.

Poole couldn't run Monday because THEY dug a whole in THEIR track. As a result Coventry final date has now had to be postponed, at what cost?

Edited by SCB

I'm OK with the Play-Off's but I'm not sure the Semi-Finals are bringing any value to the clubs like they were a few years ago. Our first leg crowd was no bigger than a regular race night. Coventry's 1st leg crowd didn't look overly spectacular.

Maybe a straight shoot-out between the top 2 for the title, cut out the middleman.

Or have it all 1 day on 1 track.

2× semi and 1 final.

Or on just 1 weekend at 1 track, A bit like the rugby do 1 weekend of the season

Bees website still showing the final next Monday (I'd love to know when it's going to be now because I only just booked next Monday afternoon off work to travel up to Coventry from Kent!

Fair play to you sir, where would this sport be without the likes of you! Respect, however, because you are just paying to watch it, you dont matter that much so it would appear, if you did, this meeting would have run n completed by now

I'm neither pro or anti Poole, however staging important matches in October is asking for trouble. Of course we cannot control the weather, however any forecaster will tell you there's more chance of postponements in October than say September.

The regular season should be over by Aug 31st, with Play offs in Sep.

• Like 5

come on then Poole Quay have a pop at this guy as he quite clearly is trolling.

No? Oh so its just me and Brum who are trolls then!

The good news is still taht the meeting will be re run and nobody goes through by default.

Come on Lynn the GP'S will be over go and get Zagar!

I dont troll mate, i state how i feel, simple as that, its ridiculous, and this crap only occurs in speedway.

As for Zagar? Good call! Hahaha ;)

What IS trolling btw? Is that saying how it is and not pussy footin around the story? Poole fiddled the call off on monday, course they did! They made no effort today neither, no covers, why not? Swindon did! Why not Poole! You tell me

That's an easy comment to make, but perhaps you can highlight examples of what you consider ridiculous and immature. I might agree with you, but unless you highlight you are simply making a troll type comment yourself.

Are you serious? These posters stand out more than a Jedward concert in Brixton.

Obviously if I am naming names I am not keeping the peace. Mainly posts about Poole digging swimming pools in their own track to get the meeting off if you wish to be specific on the matter

Come on guys it's been teeming down here. I've spent the afternoon in a meeting watching the rain bouncing off the car roofs in the car park.

For those who do actually own a brain cell I don't think Matt arranged that, or wanted it having had the track guys working solidly for two days getting the track right.

Also he was vilified for the late call off on Monday so as usual it doesn't matter what happens the anti-Poole brigade are always going to say it's Matt Fords fault. Has he called it off to early tonight?

Sky sports HQ to show just heats on Wednesday. No full broadcast

Disaster for me. Had persuaded several newbies to come on Monday and two had even booked a hotel ...

What's worse on a personal level is that if the final is carried into the following week (20th and 22nd?) I have a trip to France booked for that week :/

Sky sports HQ to show just heats on Wednesday. No full broadcast

Seen that, I'm not sure what they mean by it though. Is it actual racing or just heat by heat scores across the bottom.

What they could have done if someone is there with a camera is gone on the red button and we could view it like bet365 with no coms or pit interview