British Speedway Forum

Only 5 PL clubs not riding on Good Friday.

(Berwick, Newcastle, Rye House, Scunthorpe, Workington)

So not much choice, other clubs need guests too....

Do the Witches need anyone that day i see Coventry are at home to Leicester but thats in the evening i take it so does that mean Danny King will ride in the afternoon at home them be missing for the away leg at Peterborough on Good Friday , apologizes if this topic has already been covered .

Do the Witches need anyone that day i see Coventry are at home to Leicester but thats in the evening i take it so does that mean Danny King will ride in the afternoon at home them be missing for the away leg at Peterborough on Good Friday , apologizes if this topic has already been covered .

We have Ricky Wells guesting in the evening for that one. I think they needed to get in early to book the cover.

Hope he does well for us but having to book a 6pt+ to guest for an 8pt+ rider does show how frustrating the double up/down rules are going to be this season.

Fingers crossed it dont the Witches too much this season , i pay my money to watch the team and don't really like paying to watch someone else standing in as cover . Don't get me wrong i see why it's done no one like seeing teams race with only 6 riders and R/R .

Couple of times in the past 2 season i can remember teams coming to Foxhall with a guest and R/R only for things to go wrong and lose another rider once the meeting has started and the poor spectator is left with some races only having 3 riders.

Yes i want the Witches to win goes without saying but you also want racing and excitement and not some poor depleted side getting hammered .

There is still another 5 clashes were we won't have Danny, and that's before any progression in cup and play off matches and about 4 for Stefan I think.

Of course both gino and rohan qualify for a visa because surely no one would be stupid enough to say there isn't any problems with getting a visa if there actually is or could be problems.

Edited by baldyman

Well let's hope danny has a storming season and hit a 9+ average so it gives us more choice when we have to use a guest.

Depends on your definition of eligibility , if you mean to race yet that would be a big no . Im told the visas can take up to several weeks to process which couldn't be applied for till the sponsors licence was confirmed . One would assume that the wheels have now been put into motion on this and it's just a matter of waiting .

i am sure they have to have a face to face in the out going country so ukip can verify that it is the correct person as per passport photo.

i am sure they have to have a face to face in the out going country so ukip can verify that it is the correct person as per passport photo.

need to get a move on then because very soon Farage will be in full swing with his election campaign and wont have time for the visa photos!

true, he will be in the boozer all the time.

Perfect for Darcy though with the election being over by the time his ban ends and Farage being in the pub anyway.

If i'm right in thinking Rohan does have to leave the country but not the island he can just go to his embrassy since the ground that the embrassy is on is technically Australian soil, But don't quote me as i have been known to be wrong before

political asylum is the answer.