British Speedway Forum

Hoping the lads will get their backsides into gear when I go to Newcastle this weekend.

Interesting criticism from Louis today in the Ipswich Star accusing the Witches riders having a "soft underbelly" and whinging and moaning about track conditions.

He said there was only one set of riders whinging about the track and that was the Ipswich riders, the Sheffield riders just got on with it.

Bit of a pattern emerging here as they were exactly the same at the Peterborough meeting. It seems unless the conditions are nigh on perfect some riders just won't turn up.

That's a tip for all the other clubs who are entertaining the Witches this year starting with Berwick and Newcastle this weekend, make your track a little on the tricky side and chances are you'll win at a canter!!

• Like 2

We do seem to have a couple of riders that only seem to be able to put effort into their racing when the track is to their liking. Nico just seemed to pin the throttle and hang on yesterday, and because of that he scored well . We had these riders last season as well, so when Louis put the team together was he expecting different from them this season?

Edited by baldyman

Interesting criticism from Louis today in the Ipswich Star accusing the Witches riders having a "soft underbelly" and whinging and moaning about track conditions.

He said there was only one set of riders whinging about the track and that was the Ipswich riders, the Sheffield riders just got on with it.

Bit of a pattern emerging here as they were exactly the same at the Peterborough meeting. It seems unless the conditions are nigh on perfect some riders just won't turn up.

That's a tip for all the other clubs who are entertaining the Witches this year starting with Berwick and Newcastle this weekend, make your track a little on the tricky side and chances are you'll win at a canter!!

I have not read the Star as I live in Essex, but........

Maybe he should sign some riders that have the right attitude, then. Instead of moaning about the riders that moan about the track, get some riders that have the right mental approach, attack the track, and have a real desire to win. More Nico Covatti's please

• Like 3

I have not read the Star as I live in Essex, but........

Maybe he should sign some riders tihat have the right attitude, then. Instead of moaning about the riders that moan about the track, get some riders that have the right mental approach, attack the track, and have a real desire to win. More Nico Covatti's please

Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see someone like Jason Garrity at Ipswich. Gino and Ritchie, as well as nico do have the right attitude, but struggle at times. The track was the same for both teams yesterday and Sheffield and Nico quietly got on with it. Still, it's early in the season and anything can happen, but nobody is irreplaceable, let's hope the current team can pull their fingers out before long.

Edited by London Witch
  • Like 1

Yes I agree, I am not saying sack them now, but think about a riders attitude and strength of will, when building the team. I would also add entertainment value as well, after all that is what gets the people to come and watch.

I think this team could still be a very good team & hope they learn from their mistakes.

Cheers for that Mr Phooey. Just hope Hawkins turns up on Saturday night and not Friday as he states in the article!

• Like 1

Cheers for that Mr Phooey. Just hope Hawkins turns up on Saturday night and not Friday as he states in the article!

I reckon he might be planning a trip to Edinburgh on the Friday! wink
  • Like 1

Sure!!

Any idea who you are getting as a reserve instead of him?

Not Palovaara again!!

Or Josh bates who has beaten Doyley round there!!

So Sheffield had another away win . so since they were not that fancied and we are, is it all down to the riders having the right attitude for them and not Us?

Think he is riding for Italy in World Cup qualifier.

To be honest Baldyman Ippo were very unlucky at Sheffield and should have won if two of your lads had not fallen whilst in scoring positions. If Covatti turns up with good equipment all year unlike he did lowering his average last year he should end up at #3 for the witches.

Tungate and Hawkins were poor and Gino IMHO would have scored double his RR. Nielsen and Cam were impressive and Danny was Danny.

I wouldn't worry about qualifying for play offs if I were you.