British Speedway Forum

Is there an equivalent to the 'top 4 in a state title' eligibility criteria for Americans?

Is there an equivalent to the 'top 4 in a state title' eligibility criteria for Americans?

Just the U.S. national title. TBF, he should be good for top 4 in that you'd think.

yes - Gino won a state title in 2013 to qualify for his visa last year.
  • Like 1

Manzares needs to be hitting a 7pt ave to retain his visa for next season I beleive

or gain a suitable state champ position.

Or of course if he has a multi year contract/visa then it is only on expiry that the criteria has to be hit in the preceeding season.

averages don't lie. Rohan and Hawkins big drops

and of course this has cancelled out any advantage we couldve had with Nico's rise.

I thought I read somewhere that for Gino it was to have qualified State/National championship wise within the last 2 seasons , so now he needs to hit that magic 7 average or will need to finish in the top 4 in the American championship to return to Britain next year .

I stand to be corrected of course .

Gino won the western states championship held at san bernandino in 2013.

In 2014 only the california and new york meets took place it seems of about a dozen that have been run at various times over the years.

Check out the speedway champions site (link from bspa site)

I didn't think gino would take to the very banked circuit today, I couldn't have been more wrong. Even when he was out gated he made some sweeping first turns right up the banking. Stefan also rode very well today and made some great starts.

• Like 1

Just the U.S. national title. TBF, he should be good for top 4 in that you'd think.

yes - Gino won a state title in 2013 to qualify for his visa last year.

Thanks guys :)

I thought there had to be something but wasnt sure what.

Something sticks in my head about Gino riding in the Aus state titles as an overseas rider a couple of years ( or more? ) ago as well but even if he got top 4 in that I take it that it wouldnt count!

I didn't think gino would take to the very banked circuit today, I couldn't have been more wrong. Even when he was out gated he made some sweeping first turns right up the banking. Stefan also rode very well today and made some great starts.

Gino probably would have scored more too if it wasn't for a snapped foot rest in his first race

• Like 1

Hi, first time poster. Don’t get to as many meetings as I’d like these days but first visit to Foxhall was in 1971.

Moved to post by this weekend’s narrow away defeats, which just make the home form even more frustrating! Hawkins has clearly not recovered from crashing on the first night of the season but Tungate is as big a problem for me.

In all competitions, Witches have now lost 8 meetings by 7 points or less so far this season – including the 2 home disasters against Sheffield and Newcastle! In those meetings, Tungate has scored 4, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 7 and 5.

Surely just not good enough for a heat leader? He’s simply not reliable when the score gets close, and doesn’t seem able to cope with the physical demands of the sport.

Long post to state the obvious, but his form has been annoying me all season!

• Like 1

Anyone concerned with Ritchies form doesnt have to worry anymore.

Good luck for the future Ritchie.

Gone?

• Like 1

Why? Whats happened?

Edited by Siggytastic

Been told that he has stood down this afternoon.