British Speedway Forum

What's the rule - if there is one - regarding 6+ EL average riders being in the PL?

In the rule book ... :wink:

What's the rule - if there is one - regarding 6+ EL average riders being in the PL?

perhaps any rule is irrelevant - I dont think Hong Kong had the PL in mind.....
  • Like 1

18.6.4 If a Rider has only an EL Established MA from the previous season, which must not exceed 6.00, then a conversion is necessary; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4.

They both need another year in the NL, there's so many people blowing smoke up their arses but i don't think they're ready for PL yet

Only way for them to continue to progress is to make the step up. Waj is good, BWD is better but also comes on a 5.00 not a 3.00 I've been told. Would have to go for BWD in my opinion, he's a true racer and the step up will do him some good. I watched him at the start of the year go from third place and catch all the way up to pass James sarjeant and take the win, a born racer he is, and a professional off the track also.

18.6.4 If a Rider has only an EL Established MA from the previous season, which must not exceed 6.00, then a conversion is necessary; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4.

Thanks.

Only way for them to continue to progress is to make the step up. Waj is good, BWD is better but also comes on a 5.00 not a 3.00 I've been told. Would have to go for BWD in my opinion, he's a true racer and the step up will do him some good. I watched him at the start of the year go from third place and catch all the way up to pass James sarjeant and take the win, a born racer he is, and a professional off the track also.

Wilson Dean is box office in the NL, as you say hes an out and out racer, the type of rider you ay money to watch week in, week out. A 5pt PL average might deter some clubs but I really hope a team signs him.

As for Zach, I do think has great future when you consider the impact hes already made in his first season in the NL. I hope the Brummies move up next year and include Zach in the team as im sure another club would if we dont

I know there has been separate threads about him but I still cant see how BWD will be a five.

If he qualifies this year for the NL then next year he should be a 3 in the PL.

If not then he shouldnt be elligible to be in the NL.

At least we have speedway to watch its not all about winning the league, just taking part is a plus.

Admittedly Louis has failed to live up to expectations and the fans are dwindling as they get fed up with the premier league.

Is there any chance we could sign Z.Wajtknecht ?? He is a real future talent see him ride Sunday.

Edited by Alan R Horne

Fans fed up with Premier League?

Just like they were with the Elite League?

Next stop National League?

Or Midlands Development League?

Or .......?

• Like 4

I certainly don't think the fans are fed up with the premier league. And it's not as if louis has put together bad teams either. Maybe a couple of different riders to the ones chosen may have made a difference.

• Like 3

I certainly don't think the fans are fed up with the premier league. And it's not as if louis has put together bad teams either. Maybe a couple of different riders to the ones chosen may have made a difference.

The team needs a good spring clean with 3 or 4 fresh faces imo. Gino, Cam and Rohan should try pastures new, it could do them the world of good...

Totally agree, fans are just getting fed up with Speedway and It's silly rules. They don't like the fact that our No 1 rides for someone else sometimes, the club would probably be dead had it stayed in the other league. Every year we've put together a decent side, but certain riders haven't lived up to expectations. Certainly not about money either, we've gone out and got the best "available" No 1 for the past 3 seasons, also persuaded young Aussies (which I'm sure others wanted) to come to us. But sadly Rohan, Gino and Cam haven't progressed, injuries to Cam and Gino have certainly slowed their progress, or maybe (like many other riders) they get so far, and that is that.

Edited by spanner47
  • Like 2