British Speedway Forum

Has anyone heard of any track work going to happen like a who new relaid track?

Because last season it was complete crap and an embarrassment.

• Like 4

Unfortunately Poole don't have first call on Shamek!

You as good as do. Coventry won't be using him (despite the fact he for for Woodward) so as the club who had him on loan last season you get first call.

Edited by SCB

You as good as do. Coventry won't be using him (despite the fact he for for Woodward) so as the club who had him on loan last season you get first call.

Oh yes I'd forgotten the new spirit of harmony between promotions!! :D:wink:

Has anyone heard of any track work going to happen like a who new relaid track?

Because last season it was complete crap and an embarrassment.

I know theres been loads of shale delivered!! :t:

Well that must be a good thing we cannot have any repetitions of last season it was embarrassing and it was televised the whole thing looked as amateurish as it can get.

Edited by Pirate Oliver
  • Like 2

No I didn't. Read the press release. Firstly I said that we would be unwilling to start the season either with or against guests. This is simply to do with not wishing to cheat the public nor our broadcast partners, Sky Sports. If it means that we have to delay the start of the season then surely that's entirely reasonable. As a league, we should be looking to deliver the best entertainment and not seek compromises. Secondly, I said that, if the visa problem was a long term issue, I would hope that the teams would work together to ensure that we were as equal as possible. At present, five out of the eight Elite League teams are impacted by what's happening, with only Wolverhampton, Kings Lynn and Lakeside being unaffected. Out of the five, Poole are probably best placed to cover the situation, but that would still leave a huge imbalance in the league something that is unacceptable to us.

If we have to leave Holder, Doyle, Batchelor, Woodward and Fricke out of our league, we either have to find five suitable replacements, and I'm not sure where, or revisit our team building limits.

I was involved in the 2007 Belle Vue promotion that was ill supported by the rest of the league resulting in us putting together a really poor 1-7 and would hate to be party to any decision making process that would do that to anyone again.

We want to win, of course, but we also want to entertain. And if we have teams built to 34 and teams only able to build to, say 30, I reckon Poole would be competitive but too many teams would not. Where would be the entertainment in that?

Whilst appreciated you have taken the time to post this, it does raise as many questions as it asks.

I'm struggling to understand how the unavailability of five riders in a sport where changing riders is so common (the unfortunate result of injuries, under performing riders replaced, and perversely. over performing riders replaced to upgrade to a higher tier of rider) should result in an overhaul of this season's team building regulations. At a stage where all but 5 (coincidentally) positions remain unfilled - and that would be significantly less if a certain rider wasn't once again making a hit off the track.

If the structure of the Elite League (despite a 20% reduction) is so unable to support the potential loss of 5 riders, then I suggest the BSPA need to re-evaluate their strategy.

If it is felt that teams will be so unequal at this stage, why is it fine for the points differential between teams to be so great in September, especially where the in balance is caused by differences between actual averages and assessed/unrealistic starting averages?

So the points limit drops as suggested. Two teams have to drop at least one (no affected) rider, or more to "re-balance" their teams. So will those teams with a space take on those riders unconditionally. The likes of Porsing and Nilsson will likely lose out. With the the spaces and asset base; I'd assume Poole will agree to take at least one of these "dropped" riders?

The unaffected teams will of course keep their signed riders? Doubt it. Because they will see opportunities to take advantage of the situation.

It's hard to understand whether the initial sentence is from a Poole or BSPA viewpoint (unfortunately this underpins a lot of what's happening in British Speedway), but this "unwilling to ride" position, however good its intentions, is to pervasive in the sport whether its promotions or riders. Dangerous conditions is a reasonable reason. But with the way speedway suffers from weather it does the sport no favours to find other ways not to run (and I'm sorry to say the current situation is entirely of the sports own doing).

I think its pretty obvious that whilst Gordon Pairman's statement is from the Poole website, it also takes into account his position on the SCB and is therefore an overview of the EL position just as much as it is from Poole's perspective.

Really?

I would suggest the multiple use of "We" followed by 'hope that the BSPA body recognise" and "We will be calling on our fellow BSPA members" suggests otherwise.

I'm sure Darcy's lawyers can clarify this whilst they (once again) study the small print !!!

• Like 8

Wonderful !!!, That should have been there back in October........

• Like 1

I seem to remember some fantastic racing in both the play-off semi final and final!! :party::t:

Poole have the assets to build a strong team without Holder or Ward and a top five of Janowski, Pawlicki, Watt, North and Grajczonek would be contenders any way.

Half the teams are complete, fixtures out and neither should be changed now. Use guests or r/r whatever and if it's not sorted by May, rebuild the team then or just do it before the first meeting

I am trying to understand the complaints of "one sided meetings" turning off fans. Of course, it is true, but how many times in recent years, since 2000 approx, have Poole had one sided meetings (when they win at home), and the attendances hold up or even increase? Did any Poole fans get turned off by 5-1 after 5-1?? Poole, in particular, have had some real bargains on assessed averages.

There are riders out there who can come in to fill the points limit without any reduction, the problem is that to win the league or to be competitive, you need them to put points on their averages. Some replacement riders are at their ceilings already.

Finally, the absurdity of having a really low limit as a "one off" - a speedway meeting remains 90 points - anyone participating in a low limit league will automatically see their averages increase. This will make any non-participants in a low limit league (visa or stay-aways), become bargains the following season. Riders will be riding themselves into unemployment this season. Also create a one-sided league NEXT season, where a team could load up with Aussies vs a team of 2015 riders. It has been a major complaint and observation of mine since the 6 man team era, and points limit restrictions.

In conclusion, any effort to level the field now is pointless unless an undertaking is made to prioritise the use of 2015 riders in subsequent years (via a draft system maybe), and riders not involved this season only come in when gaps appear via further opt outs, retirements, injuries. Certainly not an ideal situation for anyone, so best to suck it up for 2014, and thanks for sticking with the sport through all the one sided meetings seen at Wimbourne Road, where I think Poole have only been beaten 12 times in 9 years during regular league meetings.

I am trying to understand the complaints of "one sided meetings" turning off fans. Of course, it is true, but how many times in recent years, since 2000 approx, have Poole had one sided meetings (when they win at home), and the attendances hold up or even increase? Did any Poole fans get turned off by 5-1 after 5-1?? Poole, in particular, have had some real bargains on assessed averages.

There are riders out there who can come in to fill the points limit without any reduction, the problem is that to win the league or to be competitive, you need them to put points on their averages. Some replacement riders are at their ceilings already.

Finally, the absurdity of having a really low limit as a "one off" - a speedway meeting remains 90 points - anyone participating in a low limit league will automatically see their averages increase. This will make any non-participants in a low limit league (visa or stay-aways), become bargains the following season. Riders will be riding themselves into unemployment this season. Also create a one-sided league NEXT season, where a team could load up with Aussies vs a team of 2015 riders. It has been a major complaint and observation of mine since the 6 man team era, and points limit restrictions.

In conclusion, any effort to level the field now is pointless unless an undertaking is made to prioritise the use of 2015 riders in subsequent years (via a draft system maybe), and riders not involved this season only come in when gaps appear via further opt outs, retirements, injuries. Certainly not an ideal situation for anyone, so best to suck it up for 2014, and thanks for sticking with the sport through all the one sided meetings seen at Wimbourne Road, where I think Poole have only been beaten 12 times in 9 years during regular league meetings.

Oh the negativity.................Yeah Poole may lose few meetings at home but very few are one sided as you put it..........some have been too close to call til the last couple of heats.........

Jealousy of success breeds contempt.............would you be saying the same if it was your team that was as successful???????? I doubt that very much............

RP

Nothing wrong with the track back in October mate, plenty of dirt put on in stages throughout the season. Our problem was the enevitable, RAIN.. and plenty of it.. And just to add from a slightly, neutral perspective, that semi at home could have gone either way...

Nothing wrong with the track back in October mate, plenty of dirt put on in stages throughout the season. Our problem was the enevitable, RAIN.. and plenty of it.. And just to add from a slightly, neutral perspective, that semi at home could have gone either way...

You say the rain but other people managed to get a good track out look at Buster at Lynn always prepares a top racing surface, the track is a joke and needs attention on Sky Poole looked like a load of amateurs, oh the hole has appeared out of no wear it was jokes I was in hysterics even got stitch I think, I was equally ashamed at the same time.

• Like 1

You and I both know that Poole didn't want that first semi-final meeting to take place because of your substandard side. It was amazing a hole should appear out of no-where to stop the meeting. Buster even offered to help with the track preparation, but found out you had nothing to prepare it with. No shale, No machinery . Nothing. !!!!

• Like 3

same old same old

Pooles track was a disgrace at stages last season and the play off semi final was farcical. Riders missing then a hole appears and lo and behold no shale or machinery. However its been done and dusted so moving on.

The fixtures are in place, the points limit is in place, get on with it, stop bleating and deal with it.

My club will go without 2 big hitters in Tungate and Manzares which im far from happy with but i wouldnt dream of a lower limit or stopping the start of the season.

Why do Poole feel they use a different set of rules to the rest of us?

Blimey if Poole cant win they start blubbing and take their toys away.

As i said would they bleat if it was Danish riders and Lynn were without NKI Bjerre and Porsing? The answer is no.

So use the asset base and build your team stop moaning and bloody well get on with it.

• Like 1

And in case any of you were wondering:

Janowski

Milik

Mroczka

Pawlicki

Walasek

Josh G

Lindback

KK

Madsen

so its not as if you are struggling to fill the gaps