British Speedway Forum

TBF, they are opinions not facts. But they are well reasoned opinions than most reasonable people would struggle to refute.

In YOUR opion :lol: Seriously though, please counter 'opinion' something to prove my 'opinions' are not factually correct.

In YOUR opion :lol: Seriously though, please counter 'opinion' something to prove my 'opinions' are not factually correct.

It is simple, opinions cannot be factually correct.

They are opinions.

You are entitled to your opinions.

What you cannot do, is portray opinions as fact.

It is simple. It is how the English language works.

Some of your statements cannot be proved to be true. Therefore, they are opinions.

Edited by Richard Weston

Lack of an opposing 'opinion' - FACT.

Come on then :icon_smile_clown: explain where you feel my 'opinions' are not correct...I look forward to reading this!!

How about 'Gomolski is not riding to his current average, based on last night! :P

• Like 1

Where has all this negativity over Dak and especially Gomolski come from? We lost away at Belle Vue by a measly 5 points. It's a track that half our team openly admit they don't like so a 5pt loss is hardly anything to worry about. Fickle doesn't even come close!

Let's look at the evidence for this season so far;

Holder still isn't the rider he was, but he's improving and gives 100% to Poole every time he gets on his bike. FACT.

Davey seems to be coming out of his slump in recent meetings. FACT.

Gomolski is riding to his average. FACT.

Dak has been far better than many of us (me included) predicted this season. FACT.

Magic is just that...magic! FACT.

Kyle is riding exactly as expected and is arguably the best EDR rider in the EL. FACT.

Starke is a little up and down and is riding (give or take) to his average. FACT.

In addition to the above, we're currently 2nd in the EL with 4 meetings in hand on Coventry...yep, it's all doom and gloom for us at the moment isn't it!

Some folk are never happy.

spot on spoken from a true speedway fan.

some of the comments on here are quite amazing.

dont get why poole fans are not happy.

is it because they expect to be miles clear?

well said chris4gillian. a true fan who knows i dislike Ford and am not to keen on Middlo. He accepts sometimes i go a bit ott on this but never resorts to having a go. Its called a debate and an open forum.

oh and you have a dislike for starman as well lol

Opinions are just that - your view, your opinion. You cannot make an opinion a FACT.

You have claimed that your opinions are facts: they just can't be.

Holder still isn't the rider he was, but he's improving and gives 100% to Poole every time he gets on his bike. FACT. OPINION

Davey seems to be coming out of his slump in recent meetings. FACT. OPINION

Dak has been far better than many of us (me included) predicted this season. FACT (in as much as the reference to yourself)

Magic is just that...magic! FACT. OPINION

Kyle is riding exactly as expected and is arguably the best EDR rider in the EL. FACT. OPINION

Starke is a little up and down and is riding (give or take) to his average. FACT.

i dont get how you call them opinions

Find me someone who doesnt think Holder is improving or gives his all?

Find me someone who doesnt think Davey is getting better?

Find me someone who doesnt think Magic has been brilliant? (in case you were not sure mr weston he is top of the el averages)

And chris4gillian actually puts ARGUABLY when saying Newman is the best EDR rider.

show me and prove what chris4gillian has wrote are opinions as quite simply he is stating the facts about Poole

• Like 2

well said chris4gillian. a true fan who knows i dislike Ford and am not to keen on Middlo. He accepts sometimes i go a bit ott on this but never resorts to having a go. Its called a debate and an open forum.

Find me someone who doesnt think Magic has been brilliant? (in case you were not sure mr weston he is top of the el averages)

And chris4gillian actually puts ARGUABLY when saying Newman is the best EDR rider.

show me and prove what chris4gillian has wrote are opinions as quite simply he is stating the facts about Poole

It is about the use of the English language

My opinion is that Holder is not improving, I don't think Davey is getting better, I don't think Magic has been brilliant

Just my opinions, of course, but I don't dress them us a FACTS.

FACTS are measurable.ie:

Holder was world champion but not now = he is not improving

Davey was a No 1 - he is not now = he is not improving

Magic is not a member of the Magic Circle

Kyle Newman is top of the reserves list so I accept he is the best =FACT

Thank you Gavan, that's exactly as I see it.

It is about the use of the English language

My opinion is that Holder is not improving, I don't think Davey is getting better, I don't think Magic has been brilliant

Just my opinions, of course, but I don't dress them us a FACTS.

FACTS are measurable.ie:

Holder was world champion but not now = he is not improving

Davey was a No 1 - he is not now = he is not improving

Magic is not a member of the Magic Circle

Kyle Newman is top of the reserves list so I accept he is the best =FACT

Holder has improved since the start of the season - that's a FACT, not an opinion.

Davey has gone through a bad spell and has improved hugely in his last 2 meetings - that's a FACT, not an opinion.

Magic is currently top of the EL averages (and therefore to coin a pun that = 'magic')- that's a FACT, not an opinion.

And you've proved me correct about Newman - another FACT :party:

All of my listed FACTS are based upon this season only, maybe I should have made that very clear however to me it was pretty obvious bearing in mind this is the Poole 2015 thread.

So I stand by what I posted previously and the above post.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 2

Thank you Gavan, that's exactly as I see it.

Holder has improved since the start of the season - that's a FACT, not an opinion.

Davey has gone through a bad spell and has improved hugely in his last 2 meetings - that's a FACT, not an opinion.

Magic is currently top of the EL averages (and therefore to coin a pun that = 'magic')- that's a FACT, not an opinion.

And you've proved me correct about Newman - another FACT :party:

All of my listed FACTS are based upon this season only, maybe I should have made that very clear however to me it was pretty obvious bearing in mind this is the Poole 2015 thread.

So I stand by what I posted previously and the above post.

Your opinions would become facts if you had posted:

Holder's average after the first six meetings was X. It is now X+ 3: that would be FACT.

Davey's best score until the last two meetings was X. In the last two meetings he scored X+3 and X +4

Magic is still not Paul Daniels.

Holder's average after the first six meetings was X. It is now X+ 3: that would be FACT.

Davey's best score until the last two meetings was X. In the last two meetings he scored X+3 and X +4

you are being absolutly ridiculous and pedantic

Its been pointed out quite clearly that Holder is scoring better now than he did earlier oin the season

Its blatantly obvious that Watts scores have improved in the last few meetings.

And if your not happy with a rider who is top of the averages than what more do you want from him!

You could start an argument in an empty room!

• Like 5

Err...all you've done there is prove my FACTS are indeed correct.

Where has all this negativity over Dak and especially Gomolski come from? We lost away at Belle Vue by a measly 5 points. It's a track that half our team openly admit they don't like so a 5pt loss is hardly anything to worry about. Fickle doesn't even come close!

Let's look at the evidence for this season so far;

Holder still isn't the rider he was, but he's improving and gives 100% to Poole every time he gets on his bike. FACT.

Davey seems to be coming out of his slump in recent meetings. FACT.

Dak has been far better than many of us (me included) predicted this season. FACT.

Magic is just that...magic! FACT.

Kyle is riding exactly as expected and is arguably the best EDR rider in the EL. FACT.

In addition to the above, we're currently 2nd in the EL with 4 meetings in hand on Coventry...yep, it's all doom and gloom for us at the moment isn't it!

Some folk are never happy.

Gomolski riding to his average???? Didn't know you could have a 0.00 average!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he ain't likely to score any points anywhere on his current 'sparkling ' form!!!!!!

Time to get rid now.........Rather see a young British rider having a go, even if he scored zero every meeting he'd be matching Gomolski's current average!!!!!

Edited by scottyfan

Err...all you've done there is prove my FACTS are indeed correct.

If you had expressed yourself in those terms, we could have saved this afternoon.

Gomolski riding to his average???? Didn't know you could have a 0.00 average!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he ain't likely to score any points anywhere on his current 'sparkling ' form!!!!!!

Time to get rid now.........Rather see a young British rider having a go, even if he scored zero every meeting he'd be matching Gomolski's current average!!!!!

You obviously don't know the difference between a meeting score and an average! I suggest you take a moment to check the Poole (or any other site of your choice) to seek out his current average which is way over 0.00.

If you had expressed yourself in those terms, we could have saved this afternoon.

??? What I stated was as clear as it could be. If you decide differently then that is your prerogative.

You obviously don't know the difference between a meeting score and an average! I suggest you take a moment to check the Poole (or any other site of your choice) to seek out his current average which is way over 0.00.

??? What I stated was as clear as it could be. If you decide differently then that is your prerogative.

You said he was riding to his average.......so he scored zero at Belle Vue.....therefore by your reckoning his average must be zero!!

Find it difficult to fathom how any Poole supporter can be dissapointed in any aspect of this side? Gomolski started on a 3.90 average and has significantly improved it...clearly Scottyfan's hatred of all things Polish is still festering...the form of Holder and Watt has got better as the season has progressed and Dakota has been a great signing...Janowski apart from his little 'injury break' has done his usual stuff and add to that the most consistent FTR in Kyle and not exactly an idiot in Starke and i dont see the problems?? odd

• Like 3

Spot on hagonshocker 👍🏼

I have no idea WTF scottywotsit is banging on about.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 4