British Speedway Forum

In the new averages, Nick Morris has a higher average than any other Swindon rider including Troy or Kildemand.

On the downside, Charles Wright has slipped to 7th on the draft list which means when he is missing it's going to be harder to get a good guest.

In the new averages, Nick Morris has a higher average than any other Swindon rider including Troy or Kildemand.

On the downside, Charles Wright has slipped to 7th on the draft list which means when he is missing it's going to be harder to get a good guest.

Every season I think this is the one where Morris will struggle - yet he continues to improve.

It's a shame he doesn't have more ambition/better advice as he could have been a world class rider by now.

• Like 2

Every season I think this is the one where Morris will struggle - yet he continues to improve.

It's a shame he doesn't have more ambition/better advice as he could have been a world class rider by now.

Have always said Nick has the potential to become a heat leader and hopefully the Robins number one for a few years to come. He perhaps hasn't developed as rapidly as say Ward or Woffinden, but he is still only 21, and as you mention, he still continues to improve.

Nick had plenty going for him. He can gate, he is totally fearless, and most importantly he has craft and guile and can make stunning passes.

Long may his form continue, because we sure need him to this season!

• Like 4

Its odd he is bumming around in the PL and not flying around in Poland and Sweden! Edited by SCB

Its odd he is bumming around in the PL and now flying around in Poland and Sweden!

Odd, yes just like your comments!

• Like 2

Its odd he is bumming around in the PL and now flying around in Poland and Sweden!

Also not riding in the World U21s.

What?

What?

meant "not" riding in Poland abd Sweden.

What some of you fail to grasp is he is still pretty young with lots of time on his side...Nick has made excellent progress this year without having had the hassle of more than likely being messed around by Polish clubs...maybe some need to walk before they can run and not go into something they cant handle as that would only ruin a career...he has great family backing and a lot of proper sensible folk giving him grounded advice not your typical hangers on like some who tell you to just go for it after a few drinks..Doyles a good example who knows you can only handle so much at certain points in your career..personally i think next season could be that one where he goes maybe Polish second tier but then with his performances this year he could be getting some attention from the European leagues..as for 'bumming around' in the PL?...bit disrespectful to a lot of well run clubs ..Somerset...Glasgow?...odd comment

How do you know he hasnt ambition?....or good advice?...be assured he has both

• Like 2

What some of you fail to grasp is he is still pretty young with lots of time on his side...Nick has made excellent progress this year without having had the hassle of more than likely being messed around by Polish clubs...maybe some need to walk before they can run and not go into something they cant handle as that would only ruin a career...he has great family backing and a lot of proper sensible folk giving him grounded advice not your typical hangers on like some who tell you to just go for it after a few drinks..Doyles a good example who knows you can only handle so much at certain points in your career..personally i think next season could be that one where he goes maybe Polish second tier but then with his performances this year he could be getting some attention from the European leagues..as for 'bumming around' in the PL?...bit disrespectful to a lot of well run clubs ..Somerset...Glasgow?...odd comment

And he won't be able to ride for Glasgow and Swindon next year if they are both in the EL?? :nono::wink:

Edited by Skidder1

Why did he choose not to ride in the Aus U21s, therefore making himself ineligible for the World U21s?

I'd have thought a rider with ambition would want to compete against the best in the world in his age group.

• Like 1

Why did he choose not to ride in the Aus U21s, therefore making himself ineligible for the World U21s?

I'd have thought a rider with ambition would want to compete against the best in the world in his age group.

Perhaps costings play a part ..if your that bothered why dont you ask him yourself?...not that hard?...or ask his dad...and while your at it you can congratulate him on his world cup call up......

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 2

And he won't be able to ride for Glasgow and Swindon next year if they are both in the EL?? :nono::wink:

You don't honestly believe Glasgow would come up to the EL? I would have thought the logistics would rule this out as an option. Their nearest rivals would be BV - 3.5 hours away.

This has been talked about before for both Glasgow and Edinburgh at different times but I think it is better to have the more local derbies of Edinburgh, Berwick, Workington, Newcastle etc. which is why neither has moved up.

Perhaps costings play a part ..if your that bothered why dont you ask him yourself?...not that hard?...or ask his dad...and while your at it you can congratulate him on his world cup call up......

Cost may well have played a part, I have no idea geographically where he lives and how the Aus championships planned out.

Of course his SWC call-up is fantastic and he should be able to give some of the more "experienced" riders a run for their money.

This is a huge opportunity to put himself in the shop window for foreign clubs.