British Speedway Forum

Welcome back Scott.Great team man and did a fine job for us last season.Happy with our first three signings. :D

• Like 3

Scott Nicholls signs on 2 year contract.

That doesn't mean anything... Bjarne Pedersen signed a 2 year contract with Birmingham couple of years ago and what happens if he has a crap season :-) Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 1

Great to have him back. His average away from home was one of the better ones so he was a must for this year.

That doesn't mean anything... Bjarne Pedersen signed a 2 year contract with Birmingham couple of years ago and what happens if he has a crap season :-)

Pedersen decided that Birmingham was not for him at the start of his 1st season for them.Difference is Scott rode for belle vue last season and must be happy there.If not why would he sign up for another 2 years.If he has a bad season like any signing could do then he will drop to a second string the year after where i would think he will do a great job.Or if he turns over night into a real donkey then bye bye, all riders sign contracts but it does not stop clubs letting them go does it.

This would be my team for 2015

1 Zagar

2 Fricke

3 Stead

4 Cook

5 Nicholls

6 Worrall

7 Nielsen

Inside info?

Wellcome back "Scotty.

No surprise that Scotty is staying with the Aces.

Is it looking like a similar side to 2014 tho? Assuming Zagar and Cookie stay.

No surprise that Scotty is staying with the Aces.

Is it looking like a similar side to 2014 tho? Assuming Zagar and Cookie stay.

I think there will be some continuity with Zagar, Nicholls, Nielsen and hopefully, Cook back.

The question will be whether Cook is the third heat leader or, a second string. No question he would improve his average as a second string but I think he will move on and improve even if a heat leader. Last year he faced tougher rides, which affected his average but this year he can continue the swift progress he has made since he started. I think we have a good reserve pairing, unlike last year when we had one of the worst and if we can sign Fricke and someone with a slightly higher average than Cook asa heatleader, we shall have a good season.

• Like 3

Zagar

Fricke

Nicholls

Kylmakorpi

Watt

Worrall

Nielsen

I think we could see something like that. I'd like cook back as a 2nd string, but I think he needs a change of scenery and will get it.

if he turns over night into a real donkey then bye bye,

That's what I said, contracts mean nothing

That's what I said, contracts mean nothing

True but this day and age in the speedway world its nice to see a rider that is willing to show loyalty to a club.