British Speedway Forum

Great to have Matej back, solid start to team building with the 4 already signed

The 'Aces' Team seems to be progressing nicely. :approve: :approve: :approve:

• Like 1

The 'Aces' Team seems to be progressing nicely. :approve: :approve: :approve:

Belle Vue don't have trouble putting a good team together on paper. It's riding their motorcycles round in circles they seem to struggle with.

• Like 6

Belle Vue don't have trouble putting a good team together on paper. It's riding their motorcycles round in circles they seem to struggle with.

Yep agree completely. I can only think.of 2 rubbish teams on paper in last 8;years. But something goes wrong behind the scenes.

Maybe were cursed

• Like 1

Don't agree. I thought last years team was poor. It lacked a 3rd heatleader, even a 2nd when you looked at Poole and kings lynn. We also had the worst reserves in the league. Relied far too much on the potential of certain riders. I agree that in the time the current promoters have been here, they have tracked teams that should have done better but that is minimal.

This year, like always, we have started fairly. But I'll bet my house, that if we finish this team with Cook/Worrall/Fricke then we will finish outside the play-offs and near the bottom again. Don't think it's anything to do with curses and everything to do with putting poor teams together. The league tables don't lie.

It's important we carry some momentum into the new stadium, so this season is massive. We have to finish this team as strongly as we have started it. That means no Worrall, and no Cook unless we can use him as a 2nd string.

I was looking last night at the teams from last year. Taking everything into consideration and the likelihood of certain riders going to the teams you would expect, Eastbourne not running EL etc, it basically leaves 2 riders that we should be moving mountains to sign. Davey Watt, and Joonas Kylmakorpi. Fricke being the third and likely on the lower average that team will fit. The only other option is going abroad for a 3rd HL and using Cook/Fricke. I'm talking your Micchel Mikkelsens' etc. Maybe Lindback etc although I'm not sure of his average.

The main reason for our poor performance last year was the poor reserves but plainly Cook and Worrall had relatively poor seasons which didn't help.

Apartt from Michelsen, who is a good prospect, none of the others inspire me as heat leaders. Watt is unpredictable and blows hot and cold, JK is as poor away as Cook was last year and Lindback has never maintained the form he had in his early years. Where I sort of agree with you is that the inclusion of any of those with Cook would make us stronger than last year and give us the benefit if Cook progresses this year, as I think he will. I wouldn't want two of them to the exclusion of Cook.

Edited by Aces51

I firmly believe that we should only track riders who want to ride for Belle Vue, with that in mind lets forget Watt or J K. R Worrell is our asset and one I believe will have a better year than last season, Cookie still has some improvement in him and finding someone with the same average as him who rides Kirky Lane as good as him will be a difficult ask. Fricke is a must for me.

We also need to remember that cost comes into all this so the less money we spend on overseas riders (air fares ect) the more we save going into our new Stadium.

So for me climbing up the league with the 4 already signed plus these 3 will mainly depend on Matej riding like he did in his first season at B Vue, Scotty maintaining his current average the 3 mentioned showing the improvement that is in them. Our reserves should easily better the reserves from last season.

Will we win the league........NO.

Will we reach the P/Offs...... Possible

Will we be wooden spoon contenders again... hope not as we don't want to go into our new stadium with that tag.

Sorry to see that the Aces have signed a part-time number 1 again. Do we never learn :sad:

Name a better one

• Like 1

Kylmakorpi had a poor season last year by his own standards. He has ridden as a number 1 in the past and had averages over 7 away from home. Watt would be 3rd HL. If cook comes with that average he will be 3rd HL by the end of May. If we take watt instead, and with respect to cook, it's not even a comparison when we travel.

Away from home, 3rd HL, Watt or Cook? I think it's a no brainer.

Edited by acef

Sorry to see that the Aces have signed a part-time number 1 again. Do we never learn :sad:

For every meeting that Matej is not on it you have 3 where he is amazing and a joy to watch. Swap you for Hans? :D

Kylmakorpi had a poor season last year by his own standards. He has ridden as a number 1 in the past and had averages over 7 away from home. Watt would be 3rd HL. If cook comes with that average he will be 3rd HL by the end of May. If we take watt instead, and with respect to cook, it's not even a comparison when we travel.

Away from home, 3rd HL, Watt or Cook? I think it's a no brainer.

Look at the past when we had riders who should of done better but didn't Karlsson, Harris, Schonicki, Zorro even Anderson, was their heart in it, I have my doubts they just used us and I for one don.t wish to go down that road again. Lets stick with our own young assets as the improvement is in all of them (I know Cockie/Fricke are not assets) yet.

Cooks away average was terrible. He also missed a lot of meetings. His total average was bumped up by his home form. I accept he was riding as HL and this is my argument, he isn't one. So he suffered because of it. Watts away average is generally about 6 and he would ride every meeting. Whatever the reservations about him, and I can't stick the man, he would absolutely be on board because of lemon. He will be getting the bucks for it so I wouldn't worry about his commitment.

I'm going purely on meeting availability and head to head as a 3rd HL, Cook vs Watt, especially away. Watt every single time.

Anyway, looking at Cooks' picture on Twitter and him on the mx with lemon, I'd put 2 and 2 together and say he will be back. Along with Fricke.

Cooks away average was terrible. He also missed a lot of meetings. His total average was bumped up by his home form. I accept he was riding as HL and this is my argument, he isn't one. So he suffered because of it. Watts away average is generally about 6 and he would ride every meeting. Whatever the reservations about him, and I can't stick the man, he would absolutely be on board because of lemon. He will be getting the bucks for it so I wouldn't worry about his commitment.

I'm going purely on meeting availability and head to head as a 3rd HL, Cook vs Watt, especially away. Watt every single time.

Anyway, looking at Cooks' picture on Twitter and him on the mx with lemon, I'd put 2 and 2 together and say he will be back. Along with Fricke.

So who fills the last spot then. Let's hope we find out tomorrow ;)

Hope it as a English feel to the team again

Edited by Phil The Ace