British Speedway Forum

Sarjeant is better than Nielsen.

Not round Belle Vue he ain't

Happy new year to all aces fans and a big happy new year to our promoters for giving us a speedway future to look forward to.

Sarjeant is better than Nielsen.

Not round anywhere other than Coventry he aint. Worral is also better than Garrity so Belle Vue have both a better top 5 and a better reserve pairing

Not round anywhere other than Coventry he aint. Worral is also better than Garrity so Belle Vue have both a better top 5 and a better reserve pairing

Sarjeant outperfomed Nielsen riding for the Storm and I personally would take Garrity over Worrall in EL. Unfortunately for you guys Garrity is superb around BV and will outscore Worrall.

Sarjeant outperfomed Nielsen riding for the Storm and I personally would take Garrity over Worrall in EL. Unfortunately for you guys Garrity is superb around BV and will outscore Worrall.

j Sarjeant CMA riding for the Storm in 2014 is 8.72

S Neilsen CMA riding for the Storm in 2014 is 8.98

both these averages include BP

J Garrity PL CMA in 2014 is 6.75 ......EL CMA is 7.29

S Worrall PL CMA in 2014 is 7.46.......EL CMA is 7.54

all figures taken from their respected clubs website's

• Like 1

j Sarjeant CMA riding for the Storm in 2014 is 8.72

S Neilsen CMA riding for the Storm in 2014 is 8.98

both these averages include BP

J Garrity PL CMA in 2014 is 6.75 ......EL CMA is 7.29

S Worrall PL CMA in 2014 is 7.46.......EL CMA is 7.54

all figures taken from their respected clubs website's

But I could turn it around and say Sarjeant actual average is .3 better than Nielsens. Nielsen wasnt great at Brandon but was better away. Regarding Garrity and Worrall I say I prefer Garrity as he seems to enjoy plenty of EL tracks like Belle Vue, Wolves, Lakeside and Coventry in particular.

Does anyone have any actual stats for the draft riders? Would be interesting to see actual averages for the EL meetings as we could throw stats at each other from other leagues when in reality it's only EL scores that matter to us.

But I could turn it around and say Sarjeant actual average is .3 better than Nielsens. Nielsen wasnt great at Brandon but was better away. Regarding Garrity and Worrall I say I prefer Garrity as he seems to enjoy plenty of EL tracks like Belle Vue, Wolves, Lakeside and Coventry in particular.

Does anyone have any actual stats for the draft riders? Would be interesting to see actual averages for the EL meetings as we could throw stats at each other from other leagues when in reality it's only EL scores that matter to us.

The Coventry Individual stats are available from:-

http://www.kandysoft.com/stats2.html

• Like 1

excluding bp 2014 el averages:

Garritty 7.12

Worrall 6.58

Nielsen 4.74

Sarjeant 4.30

Would suggest coventry have marginally the stronger pairing.

Garritty 7.12

Worrall 6.58

Nielsen 4.74

Sarjeant 4.30

Thanks for that, Sarjeant seemed to improve later in the season too so I'd suggest he would improve again this season.

Honestly, I think Sarj will be the better rider in time - Stef just has too weird a style for me so will always be limited. But right now, very little in them IMO to the point that when some Bees fans wanted to protect Sarj I said they were mad as at worst we'd have got Stef and been no worse off. I fully expect both to get 5 in next seasons PL - and probably similar in the EL.

As for Garrity and Worrall, similar thing in that I don't think theres much between them. I think Worrall will better than his brother though who again I think has an awkward style, I think Stevie looks good on a bike. Where as Jason is a lot more gung ho and more likely to beat a top guy but equally crash in spectacular style. Wouldn't be upset having either in my team TBH.

Garritty 7.12

Worrall 6.58

Nielsen 4.74

Sarjeant 4.30

Not including BP gives an unfair calculation as its a team sport and to follow your partner home to secure league points is what the league is all about.

Not including BP gives an unfair calculation as its a team sport and to follow your partner home to secure league points is what the league is all about.

With BP I make it Garrity 8.16 and Worrall 7.59. Steff is 5.94 and Sarj is 5.27. As a pair, nothing between them. Just ask yourself would you be upset if you had to swap them? I wouldn't be. Frankly would take either pair.

With BP I make it Garrity 8.16 and Worrall 7.59. Steff is 5.94 and Sarj is 5.27. As a pair, nothing between them. Just ask yourself would you be upset if you had to swap them? I wouldn't be. Frankly would take either pair.

But we're not comparing the Belle Vue pairing with the Coventry pairing (if we were, I'd agree they're fairly even, - maybe slight advantage to Coventry as I rate Garrity).

What the peson who started this section of discussion said was that Belle Vue shouldn't have protected Worrall. They should have picked a weaker rider than Worrall for their first pick so that they could get a stronger second pick like Sarjeant.

But what you've shown is that Sarjeant isn't a stronger rider than Nielsen, so to pick a weaker rider than Worrall in order to pick Sarjeant instead of Nielsen would have left Belle Vue with 2 weaker riders.

Belle vue got their picks dead right.

• Like 2

Like the look of the Belle Vue team this year, will make odd visit when money allows ! Great to see Steady back at Belle Vue also.

• Like 1