British Speedway Forum
SomersetBlue

Pl Playoff Final Somerset Vs Edinburgh 24th October!

Hedging your bet's like it reverse psychology alway's works even though we all know what you really think eh Mr B.

this is what i think. Allen won't 3 again and i'm sure Morris, Aspgren, Wright and one of the reserves will score more than a point.

Think we will win at home but without brady's points the lead might not be as big as needed,olly had bad crash on Thursday he might not be fit for Friday

I think the missing Brady line is a bit of a myth. R/R has produced the scores he would have.

Where it is a big miss/risk is if you lose another rider mid meeting it would leave you very exposed.

Morris is always one of the strongest riders at the Dale.

Brady had not yet mastered the place.

As said, Allen can't be that bad again there.

So Somerset should score well there.

I doubt Foxy has ridden Somerset yet so isn't likely to score many if any.

Todd K is a double figure man there at the minute.

As are the others apart from maybe Starke, though if Lambert can get 14 out of 15 against the Mons then possibly Starke could too given our weakness at reserve.

So Somerset should be stronger over all.

There ya go!!

Now I just need our boys to prove me wrong as usual!!

So whether Somerset go for a guest or continue to use R/R imo they need 12-14 point lead to take to Edinburgh.

Edited by Starman2006

A guest?

What am I missing?

Thought kurtz was third in the averages?

On speedwaygb.co fixtures, 24th at Rebels and 25th up north so it seems title is wrong.

Edited by comet49

Need to be very careful at the oak tree, rebels reserves will frankly pee all over ours there. Top 5 shoukd keep the score close enough for an exciting return leg.

One thing I will complaim about is the dates of these fixtures, last season we managed to get 2 buses down but this year due to the return leg being ththe next night I know many wont be travelling down south. I personally am and cannot wait!

• Like 1

Hard to equate the Pairs with the League surely ?

I'm not comparing the pairs with the league though. I'm just saying that Somerset deserved to win that on points but they didn't and no one thought it was a travesty then. Same in the league. If they win fair enough but if we rebels win then will have full credit for doing so. Every match counts.

If Olly is anything less than 100% then it's curtains I think. With a full strength team including Brady I would be mega confident over two legs. Brady is already a non starter but I still fancy us however without our No 1 if ear we could miss out just like we did in 2012 when we lost Doyley, sorry Scunny fans you would not have had a prayer if he had been riding over the two legs.

I think the missing Brady line is a bit of a myth. R/R has produced the scores he would have.

Where it is a big miss/risk is if you lose another rider mid meeting it would leave you very exposed.

Precisely , so Rebels at a disadvantage going into this IMO eg Pontus and Olly have withdrawn from meetings since Brady has been injured.

Is Oliver Allen ok-pulled out of a Polish play-off meeting on Thursday after crashing.

Pontus smacked the fence very hard the other week against Ippo,so not sure if he is 100%.

Excuses in early I see, the monarchs have a couple of doubts as well. Hopefully both teams as strong as possible. Just hope it is decided my best team on the track and not by a rider being taken out like wee Joe last year.

The trick track will win the day, as it always does ;)