British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Cradley Heath (koc Final) - 22nd October

Taken from the King's Lynn Press Release.

Posted on October 20th, 2014

This coming Wednesday, 7:30pm, the King’s Lynn ‘Fusion Clothing’ Young Stars host Cradley in the first leg of the National League Knockout Cup final.

Dale Allitt’s side made it through to the final stage of the competition with an aggregate victory over Stoke towards the end of last month.

Stars rider Simon Lambert comes into the side to add some firepower in place of injured rider Lewis Rose and will take on the number one role. Tom Stokes moves up into the main body of the team and will partner Marc Owen in the middle order. Captain James Cockle remains at number five with Josh Bailey being joined at reserve by Scott Campos.

Winners of the 2014 competition will be revealed on Tuesday, October 28 when Cradley host the deciding leg at Monomer Green.

Ahead of the fixture Allitt said: “Cradley have a strong team, they have shown that this season. But they can be beaten and we need to believe that going into the first leg. The boys are confident at the Norfolk Arena, a fast start would give us momentum that we can use.

Gates at the Norfolk Arena open from 6:30pm, with racing getting underway from 7:30pm. Admission Prices: Adults £10, Concessions: £8, Juniors (12-15 Years Old): £4, Kids Under 11: £FREE.

King’s Lynn ‘Fusion Clothing’ Young Stars

1. Simon Lambert (G), 2. Darren Mallett R/R, 3. Tom Stokes, 4. Marc Owen, 5. James Cockle ©, 6. Josh Bailey, 7. Scott Campos

Cradley Heathens

1. Steve Worrall, 2. Nathan Greaves, 3. Max Clegg, 4. Tom Perry, 5. Paul Starke, 6. Matt Williamson, 7. Danny Phillips

Also on Wednesday night, the Kings Lynn ‘Poultec’ Lightning will be aiming for silverware when they take on the Stoke Spitfires for the Midland Development Cup final.

Kings Lynn ‘Poultec’ Lightning

1. Josh Bailey, 2. Ryan Kinsley, 3. Adam Kirby, 4. Layne Cupitt

Stoke Spitfires

1 Shaun Tedham, 2. Sam Ward, 3. Sam Woods, 4. Ben Hewitt

Apart from myself is anyone going to this meeting .

we are and Mimmo of course !!!

Is Stevie Worrall actually riding?, i know he is anxiously awaiting the birth of his first child.

we are and Mimmo of course !!!

I'm not to sure I will be there 'Whippy' as I have a nasty bout of sciatica at the moment. But of course, if I feel well enough, I won't miss it for the world.

I'm not to sure I will be there 'Whippy' as I have a nasty bout of sciatica at the moment. But of course, if I feel well enough, I won't miss it for the world.

Oooh painful. been there !!! hope you feel better soon Mike. Could be a bit nippy there tomorrow. Take care, Maureen.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Still looking for a texter for this meeting. .can anyone help please?

Thanks

Unable to make this meeting tonight after all. R has to work late. Bummer. was looking forward to a night at the speedway in the freezing cold........brrrrrr and to have last fix of the season maybe.

Good meeting, would have liked to have seen Lynn beat the Heathens and they had the advantage in the last heat for about 2 laps but the Heathens stole it :-( Well done to them!

Hope they get a stadium soon and move up a league or two so another team has the chance of winning something in the BNL lol

Edited by Trees

Agree 'Trees', it was a good meeting from two very committed sides, but wasn't it bloomin' cold????

Congratulations to King's Lynn 'Lightning' on winning the MDL Cup Final, so some silverware finally and deservedly found it's way into the trophy cabinet.

Like you, I hope Cradley can find a home of their own during the winter, now that they can no longer use Wolverhampton.

Mimmo, who says that the Heathens cannot run at Monmore in 2015? Nothing has been said here in the Black Country!

Mimmo, just found this on our web site...........

"CRADLEY Heath Speedway have been advised that Monmore Green Stadium will only be available for one night of weekly racing in 2015.

It is with deep regret, therefore, that the club announce they will be unable to share the venue with Wolverhampton Wolves who will continue racing on Monday nights.

Cradley Heath Speedway acknowledge this is a worrying time for supporters and riders alike and the management will make every effort to make alternative plans for the Heathens to be able to continue racing in 2015.

We would like to assure loyal supporters that this will in no way distract the club from our ongoing work in establishing a permanent home for the club.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Ladbrokes for hosting the Heathens on a year-to-year basis for the last five seasons along with the Wolverhampton track staff.

The last opportunity to see the Heathens in action at Monmore Green is next Tuesday, October 28, in the second leg of the Knockout Cup Final against King's Lynn."

That is a bit of a shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another closure for us I see!