British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Try telling that to Rico's widow and sons!!! :mad:

I would think that Rico's family will be very greatful when they receive the money that the good fans of Coventry and Leicester have donated to the cause.

I would think that any fan who feels they want to pay their respect in person will attend the Lakeside meeting and will give this meeting a miss.I also think that with the collection taken at this meeting the final total for this good cause will be a lot higher than it would be just running the Lakeside meeting.So i m o i can't see a problem.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 3

Try telling that to Rico's widow and sons!!! :mad:

Blimey give it a break, the family will receive all collections from the meeting. What on earth is your problem?

• Like 2

With Woodward being Australian and all the visa issues now coming to light, will this affect our team?

With Woodward being Australian and all the visa issues now coming to light, will this affect our team?

Interesting to see, Woodward has rode over here for years it would be a shame if he wasn't allowed to ride here. Came 3rd in the Aussie champs 2 years ago, wonder if that has a bearing.

Horton in the office with Havelock.

Plan B - Summers - "crap....he`s Aussie also

Plan C - Hansen - "he`s just crap but you never know"

Plan D - Barker - "now you`re being stupid"

Have we got enough to put Pawliki in ?

No so it will have to be Barker

Edited by A ORLOV

Not sure Woodward is affected. It's more about some clubs not following procedures signing non eu riders in recent years I think.

Edited by woz01

Not sure Woodward is affected. It's more about some clubs not following procedures signing non eu riders in recent years I think.

I think all non-EU riders are affected unless they have dual nationality or a valid claim to UK residency.

All clubs have had their 'Sponsorship licences' revoked, so any visa applied for or granted on those licences are no longer valid!

I think all non-EU riders are affected unless they have dual nationality or a valid claim to UK residency.

All clubs have had their 'Sponsorship licences' revoked, so any visa applied for or granted on those licences are no longer valid!

Yes I have since read that even if they had a longer visa (2-3 years) they have been revoked for now.

Yes I have since read that even if they had a longer visa (2-3 years) they have been revoked for now.

That's part of the problem. You shouldn't apply for a 2/3 yr visa unless you have a 2/3 yr contract with your employer. Speedway in this country only offers 1 yr contracts.

That's part of the problem. You shouldn't apply for a 2/3 yr visa unless you have a 2/3 yr contract with your employer. Speedway in this country only offers 1 yr contracts.

Yeah I think a few Aussies have had similar visas, I'd guess Holder too? Doubling up and guesting is an issue too. It seems most clubs are at fault one way or another.

• Like 1

Correct. He is affected.

The key points at the minute are Woodwards availability and who has the priority over Robson and King. Garrity has 5 clashes so far, Robson 5, King 4 and, luckily for Bees, Sarjeant has 6 but we get priority. There are also 3 dates with 2 riders clashing. Could be an interesting season for booking guests!

CLUB STATEMENT - VISAS

Monday January 26, 2015

COVENTRY Speedway can confirm they expect the 2015 season to commence on-schedule despite concerns over availability of non-EU riders.

A meeting between clubs and UK Visas and Immigration last week raised administrative issues, and there is now a race against time for the affected riders to be available in time for the start of the campaign.

The UKVI are set to hold an operational workshop for club officials to assist them in a complex process to enable the riders to receive new visas.

The Buildbase Bees are one of the affected clubs as they have named former Eastbourne rider Cameron Woodward, an Australian, as a signing for their Elite League team this year.

But Coventry’s position is that the Elite League fixture schedule should not be altered regardless of the time taken for the visa issue to be resolved, and nor should clubs not employing affected riders be forced into alterations due to late rule changes.

Bees race their first match of the season at Leicester in the East Midlands Bowl on Sunday March 15, and their Elite League opener is against Wolverhampton at Brandon on Friday March 27.

Promoter Mick Horton said: “We are in full support of the efforts that are being made to resolve the issue, and we sincerely hope that all of the riders involved receive their visas and are able to be here in time.

“However, as a club we want to make it clear that we will be racing no matter what, and we also have to be realistic about the situation.

“Unless we get assurances shortly regarding the time-scale of the visa issue, then we accept the fact that we may need to have a re-think on our team plans, and we have spoken to Cameron about this, especially in view of our busy schedule in the opening weeks.

“I do not believe the start of the season should be put back, and I do not believe clubs such as Lakeside and King’s Lynn, who are not directly involved in this problem, should be given a problem and have to make changes themselves.

“There’s no way I want the season to be disrupted, and our position is that we will be at the tapes for our opening matches whether or not the Australian riders are here, so if we need to find a replacement we will do so.

“We would also be in support of clubs receiving a facility of guests or rider-replacement if needed at the start of the season, especially as it is unclear exactly when the matter will be resolved.”

• Like 1